What's new

Did LRH use enemy tactics against Church of Scientology members in Good Standing?

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Here we see Hubbard lying about Diantics during the period he had lost control of the copyright:
Altered versions of 8-8008 and lies re Dianetics . . .
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-Book-Editions&p=426230&viewfull=1#post426230
And it written out . .
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...rd-the-Apollo-1973/page61&p=412862#post412862

I actually wasted time reading your above examples and they do not illustrate the points you claim. Is this some kind of black PR tactic you learned in the church?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Is this some kind of black PR tactic you learned in the church?
Why would anyone use Black PR against Hubbard when the truth is as ugly as it is? :unsure:

Do you disagree about him using enemy tactics against Scientologists who were loyal to him?

RogerB

Crusader
I actually wasted time reading your above examples and they do not illustrate the points you claim. Is this some kind of black PR tactic you learned in the church?

Well, TomKat, two or three things . . .

It appears with the rejigged forum the links as posted by me from my files here were taken from the old ESMB app, but when used now with this app, the link does not take you to the page the precise info is on . . it is on page 4 of the thread I cited: here:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/comparison-of-book-editions.2678/page-4

Either that or you did not bother to scroll through that linked thread to find the post where the two scanned versions of the variant 8-8008 are attached followed by info from me and "Dull Old Fart" on the why and how of Hubbard's lying to his flock . . . either that or, you have not understood what was posted there by us.

Try again . . .

This is my post as quoted, and then read DOF's validation of the why what . . . I just tried to quote across from the other thread. . . but the app does not allow it . . . .so go to page 4 as above.

Here is a sample of the post in Hubbard's own words:
Code:
April 28, 1953: Hubbard relegates the techniques of DMSMH to being used only for assists and to have limited application, this in favor of the processes of Scientology as delineated in the books Scientology 8-8008 and Creation of Human Ability. (See pp 128, Scn 8-8008 3rd edition) On pp 11 & 12 Hubbard denigrates Dianetic processing compared to Scientology, and states:

"Today, when you see Dianetics being advertised and used, you are looking at the formal practice of psychiatry and medicine, and indeed some of those organizations which are still carrying forward under the name of Dianetics or other similar terms are official members, for the most part, of the same organizations that espouse electric shock and pre-frontal lobotomy. . . . Dianetics, the subject was dropped as a psycho-therapy by my organizations."

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
Why would anyone use Black PR against Hubbard when the truth is as ugly as it is? :unsure:

Do you disagree about him using enemy tactics against Scientologists who were loyal to him?
I think that when you make a point and then cite a reference, that "reference" should not be an entire thread, unless you don't expect anyone to actually click on your bluff masquerading as a reference.

I don't know exactly what enemy tactics are, but he betrayed and scapegoated people loyal to him on a regular basis. I don't think they were tactics, I think that was just his character, or lack thereof.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I don't know exactly what enemy tactics are, but he betrayed and scapegoated people loyal to him on a regular basis. I don't think they were tactics, I think that was just his character, or lack thereof.
OK, when I get time, will try to clarify this point about tactics he was using, as its an important thing for Ex'es to understand; it helps break the spell some are in.

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think that when you make a point and then cite a reference, that "reference" should not be an entire thread, unless you don't expect anyone to actually click on your bluff masquerading as a reference.

Betrayal and scapegoating are tactics of Character Disturbance. Another way of stating that is the shyster Hubbard had a real paranoia, a malignant megalomania and it really showed thru when his mania, swelled and supported by his self-suggestion or hypnosis, was turned on.
His early war record provides evidence of his irrationality and erratic behaviour and claims. So this was in place as he wrote his admissions and they in themselves supportive of my above stated symptoms of mental disturbances.