What's new

Dirty Cult

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Shamelessly bumping again :whistling:

Ax said:
The Saint Hill Sewage Plant has been a problem since its inception. When I first arrived in Saint Hill in '87 the environmental people had slammed the cult with a notice to fix this utterly inadequate facility as it was dumping huge amounts of pollutants into the local streams, all of which eventually drain into the Wierwood Reservoir that supplies drinking and cleaning water for Forest Row, East Grinstead and Crawley.
And how many (thousands of) people does this involve? Yeh, more than one would be too many, we know that, but how many are aware of this? Do they know they've been blind-sided/lied to, for years?
Class action? You gots it there? :yes:

MEDIA! Wake the fuck up! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:grouch::grouch::grouch:

maybe they have been using it for the famous "overboarding" discipline actions, who knows?:yes:
Phew...a bit stinky though!

Or they could always order a few RPF'ers to clean it up with the famous toothbrush!:omg:

No, on a serious note, I think $cn should be treated with some of their own litigous medicine.

Take them to court and sue their asses off for criminal behaviour.
That's what they would do!
How would it be, to be one of the 'common wogs' living downstream from this mess? I'm going to keep saying it, get them informed and involved immediately!

After reading John's post, it's suitable at this time for world news coverage, I think. The most ethical place on the planet is full of s*** - and gushing it into a preserve.
Not just that, its ending up, ultimately, in people's water supplies downstream, and those people need to be, have to be, informed!

Anyhow, I have this suspicion, this story ain't gonna be swept under a rug, cult has no way of ducking the issue, and the bite is gonna be big.
Tony O where for art thou?!?

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Poo on the Hill

Day after day,

A smelly big spill,

Flows into the waters,

Making me ill,

But nobody seemed to notice,

Cult's treated it like a game,

As long as there are tax-breaks,

The plumbing stays the same.

And the Poo on the Hill,

It seeps into the ground,

And a once fishing spot,

Sees its waters turn brown.

:whistling:

(my apologies to Beatle fans everywhere, hell, my mom'd kill me lol)

:hide:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Anything new OP? Any other Brits following this story? Any 'poonage? Any p'ownage?

Lets-Bump.jpg

:cheers:

Poo on the Hill

Day after day,

A smelly big spill,

Flows into the waters,

Making me ill,

But nobody seemed to notice,

Cult's treated it like a game,

As long as there are tax-breaks,

The plumbing stays the same.

And the Poo on the Hill,

It seeps into the ground,

And a once fishing spot,

Sees its waters turn brown.

:whistling:

(my apologies to Beatle fans everywhere, hell, my mom'd kill me lol)

:hide:

This is pretty great.

I'm a big Beatle fan and I liked it.

You could also sing "I wanna hold my nose" or "Help" or "Why don't we do it in the road?"

The Anabaptist Jacques

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
This is pretty great.

I'm a big Beatle fan and I liked it.

You could also sing "I wanna hold my nose" or "Help" or "Why don't we do it in the road?"

The Anabaptist Jacques

Thanks Taj! I considered 'I'm Fixing a Hose' (or 'I'm digging a hole~where the drain comes in,'), but couldn' get it to work :) jest one o' them things.

Be nice to hear the mess is all cleaned up, unfortunately overly optimistic am I :unsure:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Things are moving along, I think. Friends of friends of friends of mine live in EG and know everyone who is not a Scientologist.

By now they probably have all the information from this thread and know what to do with it.

I hear that drinking water from that reservoir serves some very valuable properties belonging to some very influential people. The video is a winner.

There is unlikely to be any major eruption but this is a promising contact. Scientology is not popular in these circles.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Things are moving along, I think. Friends of friends of friends of mine live in EG and know everyone who is not a Scientologist.

By now they probably have all the information from this thread and know what to do with it.

I hear that drinking water from that reservoir serves some very valuable properties belonging to some very influential people. The video is a winner.

There is unlikely to be any major eruption but this is a promising contact. Scientology is not popular in these circles.

Thats awesome SOF! Hopefully that there has been some contact with local media in the area too!

Looking forward to updates on this sordid tale of muck&menace as well :)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I read about this over at Clambake (Karen's post in thread titled: Discussion of Abuses at Int Base, Riverside) and I've made an account here on the back of that. Hi everyone :happydance:

The children and dogs that play (drink from) that stream every day! ARGH! The wildlife! The plant life!

And it's a fact that the pollution will have carried, invisibly, downstream to rivers many miles away. This isn't a small, localised problem. Dirty, lazy pigs.

I had a little look online for contact info for East Grinstead Town Council and I've emailed the following requesting to know what is being done about this pollution, and requesting an urgent response. I'll let you know if I receive a reply.

Email:

(General Enquiries)
[email protected]
(Town Clerk) [email protected]
­
(Public Relations) [email protected]

This is the main Contacts page:
http://www.eastgrinstead.gov.uk/contact-us/

Amazing work, Axiom. Someone already said it here, but you deserve new boots. Let me know if there's an activist fund I can donate to.

Belated :welcome2: !! Thanks for your efforts!! Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
It seems that my expose of the cult’s callous disregard for the environment has provoked a response. Typically cultish thinking and tit-for-tat behaviour. I reported them to the authorities, so they have to do the same. Even if they don’t have a case and just get exposed as liars.

The other day, I got this through my letterbox:

8733152266_e5affca70d_b.jpg

Seriously, they complain to the police that I took some photos of a 'church' that is supposedly open to the public?

Naturally, I contacted the police office involved (hereafter referred to as ‘X’) and discussed the reasons behind the sending of this rather ominous letter.

We arranged a meeting and I went along to the police station to speak to X in person. During this meeting, some interesting facts emerged.

1. The cult are registered with the police as being a ‘potential terrorist target’ (!)
2. When I went to cult HQ a few weeks ago to document the trees that had been planted by the side of the road (not on their property) opposite the main entrance to St Hill, they filmed me. Apparently they were convinced that I was attempting to plant a camera or some other nefarious device there (!)
3. They admitted to planting the trees there, but claimed that they had the permission of the land owner. This is important as these trees are the subject of another complaint made to the relevant authorities due to the encroachment onto the road, making it unsafe for pedestrians (more on that at a later date).
4. They alleged that I was working in cahoots with another (named) person, whom I have never heard of or had any contact with (as far as I know).

During the course of our conversation (and earlier email conversation), I had the opportunity to provide a large amount of data to X regarding the well-documented criminal activities of the cult and to give my story and why I was opposing the cult. I explained that I had entered the cult’s property in order to document the antisocial activities ( :coolwink: ) of the cult, but that I felt that I was justified in doing so due to the greater public interest. In any case, the CoS claim that St Hill is always open to the public, so why shouldn’t I walk around? I also pointed out that although the cult claims to be a terrorist target, I didn’t know of one case were they were actually the victims of genuine ‘terrorist’ activity (as opposed to simple vandalism which could have been done by anyone), but instead there was ample evidence to show that the cult engaged in this sort of behaviour themselves and even made up fake bomb threats to try and frame a critic (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Freakout ).

If was clear that X had done some research prior to our meeting and was fully aware that Anonymous was not a ‘terrorist organisation’ as the cult likes to portray it. X was also rather annoyed that the cult had provided a DVD regarding Anonymous which seeks to portray it as a criminal and terrorist organisation, but that there was no mention whatsoever on this DVD to say who had produced it. Typically sneaky cult behaviour.

We also discussed some other subjects and activities, which will have to remain secret for the time being, but suffice it to say, X now has a pretty good understanding of the true nature of the so-called Church of Scientology. It is very clear from speaking to X and other police officers, that the police in general, have a very low opinion of the cult and are very wary of taking anything they say at face value. But, since this is England, they strive to be scrupulously fair and unbiased in all their dealing with the cult. X apologised for the brusque nature of the letter and acknowledged that it was unwarranted and that I will not be receiving a PIN.

Unless I do something else really naughty. :)

So, another resounding foot-bullet for the cult. They attempted to use the police to intimidate me into backing off, but instead gave me the perfect opportunity to make some new contacts within the police and make sure that they are aware of just how insidious and dangerous this cult is.

Axiom142

Purple Rain

Crusader
It seems that my expose of the cult’s callous disregard for the environment has provoked a response. Typically cultish thinking and tit-for-tat behaviour. I reported them to the authorities, so they have to do the same. Even if they don’t have a case and just get exposed as liars.

The other day, I got this through my letterbox:

8733152266_e5affca70d_b.jpg

Seriously, they complain to the police that I took some photos of a 'church' that is supposedly open to the public?

Naturally, I contacted the police office involved (hereafter referred to as ‘X’) and discussed the reasons behind the sending of this rather ominous letter.

We arranged a meeting and I went along to the police station to speak to X in person. During this meeting, some interesting facts emerged.

1. The cult are registered with the police as being a ‘potential terrorist target’ (!)
2. When I went to cult HQ a few weeks ago to document the trees that had been planted by the side of the road (not on their property) opposite the main entrance to St Hill, they filmed me. Apparently they were convinced that I was attempting to plant a camera or some other nefarious device there (!)
3. They admitted to planting the trees there, but claimed that they had the permission of the land owner. This is important as these trees are the subject of another complaint made to the relevant authorities due to the encroachment onto the road, making it unsafe for pedestrians (more on that at a later date).
4. They alleged that I was working in cahoots with another (named) person, whom I have never heard of or had any contact with (as far as I know).

During the course of our conversation (and earlier email conversation), I had the opportunity to provide a large amount of data to X regarding the well-documented criminal activities of the cult and to give my story and why I was opposing the cult. I explained that I had entered the cult’s property in order to document the antisocial activities ( :coolwink: ) of the cult, but that I felt that I was justified in doing so due to the greater public interest. In any case, the CoS claim that St Hill is always open to the public, so why shouldn’t I walk around? I also pointed out that although the cult claims to be a terrorist target, I didn’t know of one case were they were actually the victims of genuine ‘terrorist’ activity (as opposed to simple vandalism which could have been done by anyone), but instead there was ample evidence to show that the cult engaged in this sort of behaviour themselves and even made up fake bomb threats to try and frame a critic (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Freakout ).

If was clear that X had done some research prior to our meeting and was fully aware that Anonymous was not a ‘terrorist organisation’ as the cult likes to portray it. X was also rather annoyed that the cult had provided a DVD regarding Anonymous which seeks to portray it as a criminal and terrorist organisation, but that there was no mention whatsoever on this DVD to say who had produced it. Typically sneaky cult behaviour.

We also discussed some other subjects and activities, which will have to remain secret for the time being, but suffice it to say, X now has a pretty good understanding of the true nature of the so-called Church of Scientology. It is very clear from speaking to X and other police officers, that the police in general, have a very low opinion of the cult and are very wary of taking anything they say at face value. But, since this is England, they strive to be scrupulously fair and unbiased in all their dealing with the cult. X apologised for the brusque nature of the letter and acknowledged that it was unwarranted and that I will not be receiving a PIN.

So, another resounding foot-bullet for the cult. They attempted to use the police to intimidate me into backing off, but instead gave me the perfect opportunity to make some new contacts within the police and make sure that they are aware of just how insidious and dangerous this cult is.

Axiom142

This is wonderful! I love when they rub you up the wrong way - it always ends up being so much fail for them and win for us!! Have they cleaned up their act with the sewage? Also, what is happening with the privacy stuff?

Terril park

Sponsor

Axiom142

Go Ax:)

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that the sewage plant consists of several settling tanks which are very deep and have vertical sides. These tanks are for the raw sewage to flow into and the solids settle out. By their very nature these are very unpleasant and some have large quantities of sludge formed from human waste. There should be a substantial fence and locked gates to prevent unauthorised entry to these tanks, but as you can see in the video, sections of the fence are missing and the gates are unlocked and open. Falling into them would be very easy and most likely result in the victim getting very ill. Worse, if no one else were around to assist them to climb out, they would very likely drown in a most horrible way.

The sewage plant is located right next to the lake and at the end of a path which has no barriers. Children are often allowed to roam unsupervised throughout the extensive grounds of St Hill and it quite possible that some might wander up to the sewage plant. Clearly this is an unacceptable danger.

Path from the main part of the estate, showing the lake as viewed from the entrance to the sewage plant:

8386779401_3a687d9889_c.jpg

Open gates:

8386799725_77e5f621f7_c.jpg

Settling tanks:

8387886414_c4ebfcb183_c.jpg

On a previous visit, this was spotted:

8386779445_7f1455a2c7_c.jpg

Could someone have been made to step down into the tank? A disturbing thought.

If anyone doesn’t have a fast enough internet connection to view the video, I apologise, but here are some more photos to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Bypass and discharge onto ground:

8386754941_e77b0b8082_b.jpg

Discharge meets stream (note demarcation of effluent and stream water – any output from sewage plant should be totally clear):

8386737365_47f14578fd_b.jpg

50 yards downstream from discharge point:

8386737531_a850e08505_b.jpg

And if anyone thinks that these images were obtained illegally by trespassing, for example, St Hill Manor and its grounds are open to the public all year round, so the person making these images had every right to be there:

8387921388_63c7819cfa_b.jpg

Just to re-iterate, the correct enforcement agencies have been informed. But if anyone wants to alert media…

This isn’t the only breach of regulations / laws that the cult is guilty of at their various locations including nesting sites. The appropriate authorities have been / will be informed and hopefully more inspectors will call. If the cult have any sense, they will order an ‘all hands’ clean-up operation at all their sites and start complying with relevant laws right away.

So how about it OSA, can you convince all the top execs that they need to drop everything and handle this right now, or will you bet on me bluffing and let it all slide?

What to do, what to do…

Axiom142

I'm so sorry I didn't see this before. I remember the shit pits when they were in much better shape, that would have been around 1976. They were up to the top then, the solids had floated to the top and were drying in the sun with liquids underneath. There was a mass of tomato plants growing there, self seeded through human waste. It was an RPF job to break up the roots that stuck the plants together. We did that with poles and sticks. Then it had to be stirred nicely to mix it all together. :yes:

The sewage pits were fairly near the end of the lake. The back end of the lake was higher than than the land behind and thousands of gallons of fish filled water were prevented from flowing out of the estate by a wall of clay that needed constant work to stop it from being pushed away. Tree roots loosened the clay and there was often water flowing down a gulley at the back. This is all quite close to the shit pits.

I don't know if this link will give you the exact image I had, but I'll try...

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=sa...ll+manor&cid=0,0,1792036200068143807&t=h&z=19

You can see from google satellite image that there's a lot of sewage connected bits even behind where the lake is very weak. If the lake did overflow from weather or weakened by tree roots it could cause a bit of an environmental disaster. :no:

By the way stirred solid, beans and rice crap, that's gone solid in the hot sun smells just as you'd imagine.

Last edited:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I thought I would just post an update while ESMB is still active, to document for future generations.

The cult did replace the entire sewage system in 2015. Clearly the fuss we raised convinced them that spending some of their ill-gotten gains was worth it to silence this PR faux pas. I say some - The Times estimated this at around £400,000 – so it wasn’t a small amount.

Except it didn’t silence anyone, of course. It true cultic fashion they managed to make a mess of it. After dismantling the entire old system and moving hundreds of tons of soil and installing a brand new (underground) system and then landscaping the area so that no one (well mostly) would know there was ever a problem, they still had a problem. My guess is that they skimped on the installation or else didn’t bother to get people trained in the proper operation. In any case, it wasn’t working properly and (again) polluted the local river. And this time the Environment Agency seems to have realised that just asking the cult nicely doesn’t work and fined them £14,000 with £2,566 costs.

I just wonder if so many people hadn’t contacted the EA about this, whether they would have been so tough? This was widely reported in the media, so now the cult is permanently branded and anyone can see the truth, no matter what spin they put on it.

I have included a couple of links below (many others available if you search on ‘Scientology sewage fined’), but this one is from The Argus:

A Church of Scientology has been slapped with a £14,000 fine for polluting a river with raw sewage, and poisoning marine wildlife.

The Church of Scientology Religious Education College, a division of the church which is based at Saint Hill Manor at East Grinstead, pleaded guilty to breaching environmental regulations at Worthing Magistrates' Court on Friday.

It was also ordered to pay £2,566 in costs at court.

Residents complained of pollution in a tributary to the River Medway. The stream bed was covered with slimy grey fungus and dead invertebrates after the college replaced its sewage treatment plant in August 2015.

The Environment Agency (EA) carried out an inspection a month later and confirmed the new plant was working. However, residents filed in more complaints in October about pollution.

The court heard inspectors took samples from the river and found sewage waste ten times over the permitted limit.

It took samples on 19 occasions and ten of which failed the quality tests.

Dave Willis, area environment manager of the EA, told The Daily Mail: "We are pleased that the court decided to impose significant financial penalty on the organisation on Friday.

"The incident had a serious and avoidable impact on a local watercourse, caused by failing to ensure that the new treatment plant operated correctly.

"We take these types of incidents very seriously and will do everything within our powers to safe-guard the environment and people affected, and that includes bringing those who harm the environment to account for their actions."

The court heard there was no long-term damage to the river.

A spokesman for the Church of Scientology said: "The Church of Scientology takes this matter very seriously.

"As the Environment Agency pointed out, since the incident in 2015, we have installed new infrastructure to get the sewage treatment plant operating as it should.

"We will continue to monitor our needs and expand our facilities as needed to accommodate expansion in the years to come. We have a high regard for safeguarding and improving the environment."

Typical cult reaction to pretend that this was caused by ‘expansion’ and also that they take this seriously. Yeah, but only when they get caught.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16190690.church-of-scientology-fined-14000-for-polluting-river/

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/su...ology-prosecuted-contaminating-river-14587242

I wasn’t involved in the court case directly, but this does show that the cult can be held to account – we just need to gather enough evidence of their wrongdoings, document them and then make widely available and to the right people and organizations.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I thought I would just post an update while ESMB is still active, to document for future generations.

The cult did replace the entire sewage system in 2015. Clearly the fuss we raised convinced them that spending some of their ill-gotten gains was worth it to silence this PR faux pas. I say some - The Times estimated this at around £400,000 – so it wasn’t a small amount.

Except it didn’t silence anyone, of course. It true cultic fashion they managed to make a mess of it. After dismantling the entire old system and moving hundreds of tons of soil and installing a brand new (underground) system and then landscaping the area so that no one (well mostly) would know there was ever a problem, they still had a problem. My guess is that they skimped on the installation or else didn’t bother to get people trained in the proper operation. In any case, it wasn’t working properly and (again) polluted the local river. And this time the Environment Agency seems to have realised that just asking the cult nicely doesn’t work and fined them £14,000 with £2,566 costs.

I just wonder if so many people hadn’t contacted the EA about this, whether they would have been so tough? This was widely reported in the media, so now the cult is permanently branded and anyone can see the truth, no matter what spin they put on it.

I have included a couple of links below (many others available if you search on ‘Scientology sewage fined’), but this one is from The Argus:

A Church of Scientology has been slapped with a £14,000 fine for polluting a river with raw sewage, and poisoning marine wildlife.

The Church of Scientology Religious Education College, a division of the church which is based at Saint Hill Manor at East Grinstead, pleaded guilty to breaching environmental regulations at Worthing Magistrates' Court on Friday.

It was also ordered to pay £2,566 in costs at court.

Residents complained of pollution in a tributary to the River Medway. The stream bed was covered with slimy grey fungus and dead invertebrates after the college replaced its sewage treatment plant in August 2015.

The Environment Agency (EA) carried out an inspection a month later and confirmed the new plant was working. However, residents filed in more complaints in October about pollution.

The court heard inspectors took samples from the river and found sewage waste ten times over the permitted limit.

It took samples on 19 occasions and ten of which failed the quality tests.

Dave Willis, area environment manager of the EA, told The Daily Mail: "We are pleased that the court decided to impose significant financial penalty on the organisation on Friday.

"The incident had a serious and avoidable impact on a local watercourse, caused by failing to ensure that the new treatment plant operated correctly.

"We take these types of incidents very seriously and will do everything within our powers to safe-guard the environment and people affected, and that includes bringing those who harm the environment to account for their actions."

The court heard there was no long-term damage to the river.

A spokesman for the Church of Scientology said: "The Church of Scientology takes this matter very seriously.

"As the Environment Agency pointed out, since the incident in 2015, we have installed new infrastructure to get the sewage treatment plant operating as it should.

"We will continue to monitor our needs and expand our facilities as needed to accommodate expansion in the years to come. We have a high regard for safeguarding and improving the environment."

Typical cult reaction to pretend that this was caused by ‘expansion’ and also that they take this seriously. Yeah, but only when they get caught.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/16190690.church-of-scientology-fined-14000-for-polluting-river/

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/su...ology-prosecuted-contaminating-river-14587242

I wasn’t involved in the court case directly, but this does show that the cult can be held to account – we just need to gather enough evidence of their wrongdoings, document them and then make widely available and to the right people and organizations.
Way to go, Ax! :thumbsup: