ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

" Disconnection "....another view.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Auditor's Toad, Jul 1, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Towards the end of my time "in" I began to notice more and more people "disconnected" for the ethics officier so they could do their next level or service BUT in fact ignored the disconnect.

I know there were times at flag I'd give the ethic officier a disconnect letter, get an OK, leave his/her office and call the person and tell them to ignore the letter I just had mailed them.

Just wondered if the ethics officiers ever caught onto we dumb "public" who disconnected and never quibbled about it.......but who also ignored it ?

Has this gotten widespread yet? It outta be !

2. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I've been at the receiving end of that! Oops!

----

Also when I was a C/S, it would come up in session as a withhold when people would do that. Can't say 100% that it was reported. I am sure tons of people have done it and not gotten caught. :thumbsup:

3. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

The most destructive disconnection policy that Scientology carefully hid from all of us was the order to disconnect from ourselves.

I never even got a letter!

4. Mest Lover

Mest Lover Not Sea Org Qualified

They get misfiled in the heap of central files. That is where they get your address later to send you junk mail after you wake up.

5. Auditor's Toad

Last night my wife and I had a long discussion of how in scn we had abandoned ourselves and followed a path to nowhere and nothing but misery.

Here you come and put it in one sentence. What am I to do with you?:duh:

6. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

That was in Scientoiltery 101: You are a Thetan. You are Not your body. You are an immortal spirit. Did you get that disconeection letter?

7. Natalie

Natalie Patron with Honors

Since being declared I've had that happen quite a bit :biggrin: Many friends report to the cult that they disconnected when they in fact have not because they know I'm not an SP, and they know the cult is off the rails. Most have family connections that make it so they want to stay in good standing with the cult, even though their heart is no longer in it and they are reading stuff all over the internet.

If the cult really knew how many people were NOT disconnected from people like myself they would shit.

8. Regarding:
    "Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax!

The most destructive disconnection policy that Scientology carefully hid from all of us was the order to disconnect from ourselves.

I never even got a letter!"

I think we need to start publishing him. :) Seriously! :thumbsup:

9. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

I think we need to convince Hoaxy to write a movie script. It would have audiences in stitches on the floor and any shred of credibility that Scn had left in any far flung corner of the globe would instantly evaporate.

Hoaxy??? :questions:

:begging:

:write:

10. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Agreed! :thumbsup:

11. Kookaburra

Shall we gang up on him, Synthia?

:devil: . . :biggrin:

12. Auditor's Toad

"Quote by Hoaxy:
    How can Scientologists so easily lie and not feel wracked with guilt?

ANSWER: No HE & R = No Conscience = No Regret.

"Never regret yesterday. Lies are in you today and you create your own acceptable truth tomorrow."
    -Hell Ron Hoaxard-"

If I could only learn to not try to drink coffee and read HH at the same time.

13. HelluvaHoax!

Well.......thank you! Honestly, I would more than love writing scripts again. Although I've been deeply embedded for the longest time in the cult of entrepreneurology, my heart and soul secretly lives in that dreamily delightful world of writing. If I thought there was a commercial film project that had broad audience (universal) appeal on Scientology, I'd jump in. I even gave a few moments thought to whether there was some other writing vehicle (e.g. a book on our favorite mudball clearers) that would be enjoyed by anyone other than all my dear friends here on ESMB and nothing really sparked into view.

Perhaps the muse is only teasing me and really is really planning a surprise visit soon..... (note to self: when saying prayers to the God of writing each night, try to not keep addressing him as "you stingy bastard"). :biggrin:

14. Kookaburra

Well, sounds like a possibility. I think a movie that sends up Scientology could have universal appeal. Just need to get the right format.

Did you ever see the Millenium episode that Chris Carter did on Scientology? It was hilarious. When I saw it, I was out of the Sea Org but still a bona fide, card carrying clam. And I still thought it was hilarious. The oh so serious culties of today probably wouldn't think so, though. Everyone else would.

Or something along the lines of Star Wars, where the followers of Darth Vader think they are saving the universe but are stuffing it up left, right and centre. Use plenty of real life incidents. Lots to choose from on the top 1000 stupid moments thread. :eyeroll: :biggrin:

Don't forget to throw in real life footage of the Sea Org "coming back" in their SO paddleboat up the canal to Marty's house.

Maxwell Smart infiltrates the FBI. :confused2:

Here are a couple of short clips of Aussie comedians sending up the cult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWUEJ2EOgnk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBDDOMfcx8I

And then there's South Park Trapped in the Closet. By the number of re-runs internationally, I'd say that had broad public appeal.

What I'd really like to see, though, is a real life story of someone coming in contact with the cult, getting involved for all the right reasons as so many of us did, and finding out little by little what it's really all about as they move up the ranks, so the public get a look at Scn from a Scientologist's point of view. Like the godfather view of the mafia. And they will see the gradual indoctrination. That is the story that really needs to be told because that would innoculate raw meat on a massive scale. Now pepper that with humour, and you would have a very watchable and broadly acceptable movie.

You could call it a Scn snuff movie. It would snuff out Scn. :whistling:

It's the last step in burying the cult after all the legal :shithitfan:
    The education step to prevent people from getting into a cult because they recognize one right away. This is important. They is some stuff going on in Australia along that line, but more of an educational thing that can be shown in schools.

Why don't you get together with Paul Haggis and maybe Michael Fairman and throw around some ideas. I'll bet you'd come up with something brilliant. :thumbsup:

15. HelluvaHoax!

Most provocative! Thank you for all the care, thought and ideas!

It will be most fascinating to see what Paul Thomas Anderson's treatment of Hubbard/Scn is in the movie project "The Master", currently in production. Here is a photo from the set....

[​IMG]

http://www.ifc.com/news/2011/06/paul-thomas-anderson-the-master-photos.php

Being fiction, there is near-infinite breadth of dramatic license to interpret or portray real life events. It is a brilliant storytelling method when done right because it can be made to conform to the laws of dramatic structure, ergo more opportunities to be entertaining.

For my money, the best story material would still be a fictionalized account, based on the real events that occurred over a dozen years, from about 1967 thru 1979. It's centerpiece would be Paulette Cooper & Hubbard , but it would have a number of compelling individual stories as well--depicting everything from the naive humanitarian S.O. recruit joining to salvage this universe to the brutal machiavellian Guardian's Office in the control of Mary Sue.

And there would be starry-eyed OT-hopefuls who truly believed in the miracles that Hubbard guaranteed. And of course, the intrepid truth-seeking journalist Cooper who had no idea that she was stepping into viper pit by challenging Hubbard with what he did for a living.

And perhaps a half-dozen human stories would be inter-weaved from the moment they first entered the gravitational pull of Scientology---until the grim reality of Hubbard's devastating fair game played out for victims and perpetrators alike.

Now that would be a dramatic tragedy, to be sure, but sometimes those projects lend themselves surprisingly well to witty banter, satire, outright humor and parody.

If a director of stature (like Paul Haggis or Ridley Scott) took on a true-to-life depiction of such true Scientology events, it would undoubtedly be targeted with the greatest fair game campaign in history. But it would be one hell of a great project to work on!

I enjoy talking about it and really appreciate the nudges to create some film-worthy vehicle that could be both funny and insightfully entertaining. It would have to be something irresistible to get me down from my sniper's perch where I can write little snippets here on ESMB and goof off any time I feel like it! LOL

I promise to jump in if/when the right project hits me like a thunderbolt!

Thanks again!

16. Auditor's Toad

More and more rapidly the world is disconnecting from scientology.

Soon being in that cult will require being cut off from all else.

The tables have turned.