ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

DM's HiFi at St Hill

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by joolie, Aug 20, 2009.

1. joolie

joolie Patron

A good but sadly departed friend of mine Ray Dalrymple was the project manager for the St Hill Manor revamp that turned the old place into a home from home for DM.
    40,000 GBP was spent on the hi-fi alone.
    This was back in the late 90’s and it seemed daft that such money be spent on a Hi-Fi when the AOSH staff were on beans and rice yet again...

2. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Nothing but the best for the little Lilliputian! :eyeroll:

3. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

You mean like a stereo? 40 big ones for a stereo?

Why does this not surprise me.

Gawd.

4. FlunkedForLaughing

FlunkedForLaughing Patron with Honors

Now he can play "Queen's Greatest Hits" loud enough for all Saint Hill staff members to hear.

FFL

5. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

£40K on a hi-fi?!!!

That is obscene. Do you remember what the components were?

Thanks for telling us this joolie. I had heard something similar before, but not the amount, and it is good to have it confirmed by a reliable source.

No doubt Miscavige demanded ‘the best’. I mean, it was only right that his entertainment needs were more important than frivolous things like food and clothing for the staff.

Ray was a really great guy. When I knew him, he was in CMO (really important) but he would always have a cheery wave when he saw me and say “Hello Axie!” (well actually use the diminutive of my real name).

It was such a shock to read of his death in the local paper. That sort of thing just shouldn’t happen to OTs. I can’t imagine that anyone would have a bad word to say about him. At least he got out of the Sea Org and had started to make a new life for himself and gained some degree of happiness. Just a terrible tragedy that he couldn’t have had more time to enjoy life.

Axiom142

6. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Just had a thought.

Do you know which rooms were fitted out as Miscavige's private apartment in the manor?

Ax

7. People being pressured into taking out second mortgages on their homes so Miscavige can have a £40K stereo in his England mansion. NICE !!! Makes me feel more spiritual just thinking about it.

8. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
  9. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Hey! You took it on its face value for a change!

Not that I don't believe it. It is sickening for sure, if true.

10. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

I remember when I read this somewhere probably in a newspaper and I was in. Sadly I did not believe it but now I do but it did kind of set a spark for me to wonder.

Barb

11. joolie

joolie Patron

I liked Ray a lot and it really saddened me to hear of his accident.

I don’t know what rooms it was fitted to only that it cost 40K. We were chatting down at ... Jeez I have forgotten! What was the pub in Dromansland called!! Anyway we were chatting there and he was telling me how run down the Manor was and what they were doing to it to bring it up to standard and a place for the execs to stay when they were over.

The Manor was changed a lot which was a shame as it was no longer as Ron had it.... including some of the bad American taste for decor! Hehehe .... sorry but some of it was terrible! :whistling:

12. ExVet

ExVet Patron with Honors

SH Manor Lay Out

Manor layout to the best of my recollection:

Basement: LRH Comm UK Offices, Finance Dir UK Offices, Sea Org Reserves Offices, LRH External Comm Office, preserved original SHSBC lecture room.

Ground floor: Manor entrance, LRH Office, drawing room, Winter Garden, LRH PPRO Office, Monkey Room, LRH Darkroom, Kitchen, additional PPRO Office spaces, HCO CMO.

First floor: CO CMO UK, CMO Operations, CMO services

Second floor: Various LRH spaces including Research Room, LRH Bedroom, MSH Bedroom, LRH auditing room, RTC Office spaces

Third floor: COB laundry space (washer, dryer, ironing etc.), COB bedrooms (for him and immediate entourage).

DM's meals are prepared by CMO and are served to him in the Pavilion by CMO staff. He is driven around by Bob Keenan, LRH PPRO UK in a rented vehicle (usually a van). An entourage of security people surround whatever building he is located in on the UK base as he goes about his business.

When he visits Saint Hill the expenses for his stay (including transport, food, etc.) are funded by Saint Hill Foundation. This is a "tradition" which is not covered in any finance system. SHF sucks this up and it is not cheap. DM is probably unaware of the source of the funding.

If DM no longer feels safe in USA, the CMO UK and RTC UK are fully set up to assist him to operate in UK indefinitely with impunity. That is unless Anonymous protests outside the SH gates get intense enough to spook him. Or unless the UK Border Patrol decides to pay him a visit regarding the illegal aliens he has imported to Saint Hill to run that base.

13. AOSHUKR6EW

AOSHUKR6EW Patron with Honors

Where is this HiFi system? In the hall?
    I don't recall ever seeing it?
    :confused2:

14. ExVet

ExVet Patron with Honors

It's in DM's office.

15. Manor House

Manor House New Member

I was sat by Ray at the IAS event & when DM came on stage, he turned and said "that guys a dick" gobsmacked at the time but now I understand. Very brave comment at an IAS event but then Ray did speak his truth