ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Does fraud exist?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Veda, Aug 25, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

[justify]

[​IMG]

For many decades those who specialize in manipulating minds and behavior have sought to prevent judicial recognition of what they do. Unscrupulous barristers have had victories in court on behalf of those whose profession it is to shape and mold the minds of others.

Amongst those celebrating these "victories" are the cults. Apparently there is no manipulation of minds.

But what of fraud? Does that exist?​
    [/justify]

____________​

Except in extreme circumstances - such as the Patty Hearst kidnapping and her torture that followed - deception and gentle, sometimes enjoyable, actions often precede manipulation, and manipulation is administered in comfortable degrees.

(Pleasant psychological procedures, administered as therapy or counseling, can make a person amenable to handing over large sums of money to a salesperson - but that's another, although related, subject.)

Not unlike boiling the proverbial frog.

These gentle, sometimes enjoyable, actions include FRAUD.

Is it acceptable for some to commit fraud?

Or does fraud not exist?

Just as we are to believe that the manipulation of minds does not exist?

For example, the leaders of the Scientology cult have known for over thirty years that the "Bridge" (to OT 15), that they are selling, is non existent, yet they continue to sell it.

This is fraud.​

[​IMG]
    From five years ago

Large sums of money are collected, decisions are made by families affecting the lives of children, and even suicides occur under the belief that fraudulent assertions are true.

Yet there are no consequences to those committing the fraud.

There is no "brainwashing," so we are told.

Is there also no fraud?

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

When I read your thread title, this question popped into my mind:
    Do birds fly?

The answer to both is equally obvious.

3. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Of course, the question, "Does fraud exist?" is absurd. Without a doubt it exists.

Just as deception and trickery exist.

And this thread exists, primarily, to further bring attention to, and bookmark, this post and its links by ILove2Lurk.

4. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, the claims of Scientology and the co$ are fraudulent.

Did Jesus walk on water? Turn water into wine? Raise the dead? Die for your sins?

Thank the Lord there's no CPL, "Keeping Jesus Working"

Gib, this is where you remind us there are no Clears or OTs :D

Glenda likes this.
  5. Dotey OT

Dotey OT Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE

I like the fact that an interesting new thread has been started. ESMB regains that New Car Smell when this happens!!!!!

:)

The factor of anecdotal evidence concerning the "improvement" of a person using the tek suddenly comes stepping in. "I can see facsimiles better" doesn't necessarily mean that he/she can. This was always in my universe while I was navigating my way up "The Bridge To Total Freedom". And it was pointed out to me early on that it was "suppressive" to say "he doesn't act clear" or something.

There are those up above in management that knew it was fraud. What did they know and when did they know it doesn't really matter to me as much as stopping it before my great-grandson gets suckered. Or your great-granddaughter!

Me and My Self likes this.