What's new

Does Scientology still use telex?

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
The telex program used to process the incomm telexes back in 1989 had 2 passwords needed to unlock it. Extremely easy to hack and made to work. Not much security to that.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Hmmm.. wondering if they use the old school telexes with the yellow punch tape or the ones with the computer screen that have word processing capabilities.

When I was in, the CLO EUS used a Xenix based 386 computer running a Bourne shell. 80 mb drive with a pair of digicards leading to 16 wyse 150 terminals. EMACS word processer to type the telexes.
They were processed and routed to external comm and sent to INT via a hayes 2400 baud modem on a computer using ms dos.

yes, now a More of a specialized developed program specifically for comms between orgs, and its encrypted or something? They use e-mail, I don't know why they even use the program too - it caused too much dev-T in my opinion. :p

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
yes, now a More of a specialized developed program specifically for comms between orgs, and its encrypted or something? They use e-mail, I don't know why they even use the program too - it caused too much dev-T in my opinion. :p
It's part ego and part paranoia.

Ego, because they think they can develop better stuff, with LRH Tech on their side.

Paranoia, because they think that any commercial comm program will have government eavesdropping built in. Then again, based on various revelations over the years, it's not really paranoia...

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that the Telex machine at London org had a sort of punched paper tape system, where as you typed the message it would punch holes in a strip of paper about one inch wide or thereabouts, and then you would set the machine to transmit and run the pre-prepared tape through the reader. Or maybe I'm just imagining it, after all, it was fifty fucking years ago. Lol.
No you’re right, they had a few like this at St. Hill and London Org.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

TECHNOLOGY UPDATE:

All orgs have upgraded their audio technology.

I just ordered a copy of SPACE JAZZ on the all new and incredible fidelity only possible through 8 track cassettes.

s-l1600.jpg