What's new

Does the Freezone help in dismantling the CofS?

mate

Patron Meritorious
I personally believe that the Freezone is providing a very important contribution towards the dismantling of the CofS. Scientology as a personal development program, certainly has some points going for it. In my time, I found that the then Life Repair program was remarkably effective in many but not all, cases, I have had a number of reports of the remarkable changes people have had on Power Processes and the original OT VII, although I had neither myself, and there is no doubt in my mind that the GPM handling as delivered by Knowledgism is producing excellent results. It is my reality that I feel I have moved on, and I have no doubt that the Freezone will gradually move on too.

But the Freezone is an important contributor to the destruction of the CofS. Why do I say this? Well, when people leave the CofS, many of them still believe that there this something to be gained from scientology auditing as its something they had hoped to receive but was denied it. The Freezone plays an important role in keeping these former scientologists out of the CofS. While I believe, as do many of you posting here, that scientology is not the answer, it can provide a step the right direction.

The Freezone has also made a direct contribution to the dismantling of Australia’s AO, AOSH ANZO. Yes, indeed it has. How? The Taiwanese who were coming the the AO, have discovered the Freezone, which means that the substantial income of the AOSH ANZO, has dwindled to a mere trickle.

I do realize that there are those who are reading this, are convinced that anything to do with scientology must be destroyed. All I can say is that you have a problem, so handle it.

David.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I believe that each person has the right to practice thier own religion in any way they see fit. However, when I see a person about to step on a nail, I feel it is my responsibilty to tell them about it. After that, well . . .

I think it does.

And the question in the OP made a thought flash in my mind.
People who move out of the FZ and then criticize the FZ really need to do so, in order to get further along in their deprogramming.
Some people need to rant and vent against the FZ. There is scientology there.
Lots of others have said it, but just now it flashed in my mind.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I personally believe that the Freezone is providing a very important contribution towards the dismantling of the CofS. Scientology as a personal development program, certainly has some points going for it. In my time, I found that the then Life Repair program was remarkably effective in many but not all, cases, I have had a number of reports of the remarkable changes people have had on Power Processes and the original OT VII, although I had neither myself, and there is no doubt in my mind that the GPM handling as delivered by Knowledgism is producing excellent results. It is my reality that I feel I have moved on, and I have no doubt that the Freezone will gradually move on too.

But the Freezone is an important contributor to the destruction of the CofS. Why do I say this? Well, when people leave the CofS, many of them still believe that there this something to be gained from scientology auditing as its something they had hoped to receive but was denied it. The Freezone plays an important role in keeping these former scientologists out of the CofS. While I believe, as do many of you posting here, that scientology is not the answer, it can provide a step the right direction.

The Freezone has also made a direct contribution to the dismantling of Australia’s AO, AOSH ANZO. Yes, indeed it has. How? The Taiwanese who were coming the the AO, have discovered the Freezone, which means that the substantial income of the AOSH ANZO, has dwindled to a mere trickle.

I do realize that there are those who are reading this, are convinced that anything to do with scientology must be destroyed. All I can say is that you have a problem, so handle it.

David.

I also believe the Freezone is an important piece in dismantling the "CHURCH", hit the church where hurts, GI ,new department , public disbursments.

Do you know how long since the Taiwanese discovered the Freezone David?

Terril park

Sponsor
I also believe the Freezone is an important piece in dismantling the "CHURCH", hit the church where hurts, GI ,new department , public disbursments.

I'd also like to know. I believe Helmut Flasch [ spelling] may be a player here.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The availability of scientology services and community in the FreeZone/Independent Scientology movement when I left the Church made it no longer necessary for me to continue my A to E steps to get back in the Church. In that, it was very helpful to me in leaving that organization. The availability of the information concerning the "Tech" let me analyze it without indoctrination and without investment, and this made it possible for me to make decisions about things without coercive psychological manipulation. This was extremely helpful.

What retarded my leaving was personal attacks and derision of my views just because I was a scientologist in open forums. If you want to help people leave the Church, or leave scientology, completely, LISTEN. Ask questions that get them to explain. The more they are drawn out, the more they will examine their own views. The more you attack them, or their views, the more defensive they will become, and the less likely they will be to examine their own views, or yours.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I agree that the Freezone helps to dismantle the CofS, that it provides a form of Scientology that is less abusive, and that it helps a Scientologist realize that they have a choice and that they do not have to put up with the human rights abuses and outright criminality of the Church of Scientology if they wish to remain a Scientologist.

Thanks for starting this thread, Mate.

Terril park

Sponsor
From Emma's thread and relevant here.

-------------
Did anyone say you were suppressing Freedom of speech? Don't recall.

I didn't.

I've admired your creation of this board and the common sense of your moderation actions mostly always. Being myself a mod I know how difficult it can be. Blocking the FZ ss thread I disagree with but my bias is quite obvious.

Years ago when I did some sort of stat analysis of where people coming to the FZ came from, the top source was ARS. I believe, at least till very recently, it has been ESMB. Never got a full analysis of that, its very difficult.
Ask people how they found us, and the usual answer is the internet. But in
recent years ESMB was most mentioned without my trying any survey.

For ten years an average monthly new number of contacts of 20-25. In
the english speaking world. That in fact in the english speaking world is
almost all ex COS members. ESMB has I believe been the major contributer to that in the last few years.

I don't reg people as has been suggested by some. I just let people now that they can get scn outside COS. They want to leave and do some otherism, become a critic I don't care and do nothing about it. I just let people know there is an alternative opportunity.

I see no reasons why offshoots don't have their own threads for there own success stories. Makes me an SP I know. Guess they don't have my proselytizing zeal.

I believe the Idenics thread has many SSs. In fact some get posted to my forum and I don't moderate them. Even posted my own SSs re " squirrel "GPM tech by Mr Clearbird.

I really wish to direct these posts to those who don't post, who lurk. They
are probably the ones who need rescue. They show people a way to carry on
their religion/philosophy with out abuse, and deprive COS of clients/money.

Of course you have to take note of the opinions of your flock, as I do. So
I've only posted one of Pauls SSs that was truly brilliant, the EP of the suppressed persons rundown. And most who post here have supported your decision.

There is a thought experiment one may wish to indulge in. Would OSA prefer this thread to be closed or not?

Please pass this on to Natascha. She seems to want input here, and I don't want to be seen as trying to come between you.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Being here a loose cannon,

I say thay the OP question is just not right!

Is "dismantling Co$" the goal here???

I, for one, am not here to dismantle anything.

I'm here to find and post factual information and have fun.

RogerB

Crusader
David,

A brilliantly balanced and accurate analysis, as usual from you.

And I heartily agree.

And there is an important element here that is relevant, though not mentioned.

One of the greatest snares and entrapping things about the CofS things is the belief it creates that it is "the only way out," and without it, you are doomed. It is a vicious control mechanism.

The FZ provides the alternative for those who feel the need to continue with their dream of spiritual enlightenment away from the evil control mechanisms of the CofS. And in that sense it has real value in helping people get free from the monster that official Scn has become. And in that it is helping bring the CofS down.

Indeed, it was my route to freedom and then onto greater enlightenment, and it is why I applaud the FZ good intent to help their fellows with the best of what they have got.

Rog

uniquemand

Unbeliever
It is some people on this board's objective. Anon announced it as an objective, and many people shared that purpose with Anon, thus the cross-pollenation between the groups.

I would cheer if the Church were obliterated, but it's not my goal, largely because I don't think it's possible. I do think it's possible to inoculate people against the virulent memes of Hubbard, but I don't think it's possible to destroy a religion: there will always be Scientologists around, I think, because of the "wins".

FoTi

Crusader
I think the Freezone is helpful in dismantling the CoS. It relieves one of being dependent on the CoS for auditing or training if that's what a person is hanging onto the CoS for. The CoS no longer has a monopoly on the services that people come to them for. The Freezone gives a person a choice that they didn't have before. It's kind of like a stepping stone out so that the person doesn't feel like they are losing EVERYTHING by leaving the CoS. They know that they can still receive services if they want to without all the abuse that the CoS dishes out. And from there they can do research and decide if they want to continue with services outside the CoS or not. I never took advantage of services in the Freezone, but I was glad to find out it was there if I ever decided I wanted to do that. It just made it feel safer to walk away from the CoS knowing that the Freezone was there and services were being delivered outside the CoS if I needed or wanted them.

mate

Patron Meritorious
Hi Jachss99, if I remember correctly it was posted on ESMB (by Feral? but I could be wrong) and it was earlier this year. So it was quite recent.

As I understand it, it is the crashed AO income with no immediate solution, that the AO will join the CLO and share a new SO base. This means that the Greek Street will become Sydney's Ideal Org and Castlereagh Street will be sold. However, until a new SO base is located and established, the push for funds for the Castlereagh Street Ideal Org will continue, of course.

David.

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
David,

A brilliantly balanced and accurate analysis, as usual from you.

And I heartily agree.

And there is an important element here that is relevant, though not mentioned.

One of the greatest snares and entrapping things about the CofS things is the belief it creates that it is "the only way out," and without it, you are doomed. It is a vicious control mechanism.

The FZ provides the alternative for those who feel the need to continue with their dream of spiritual enlightenment away from the evil control mechanisms of the CofS. And in that sense it has real value in helping people get free from the monster that official Scn has become. And in that it is helping bring the CofS down.

Indeed, it was my route to freedom and then onto greater enlightenment, and it is why I applaud the FZ good intent to help their fellows with the best of what they have got.

Rog

Selfish!

(what's bolded above)

RogerB

Crusader

What the hell are you talking about? What's selfish about wanting others to get the help I got?

I have stated repeatedly I do not concur with all of the tech used in the FZ, but I applaud their good intent to help their fellows . . .

Did you shoot from the hip here and not get what I was actually saying?

R

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
What the hell are you talking about? What's selfish about wanting others to get the help I got?

I have stated repeatedly I do not concur with all of the tech used in the FZ, but I applaud their good intent to help their fellows . . .

Did you shoot from the hip here and not get what I was actually saying?

R

Ok!
Let's get to the basics.

WHAT, EXACTLY, Makes you better than me???

Whom do you want to help?

With what?

P.S. WHO, here, wants the help you got/offering?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
VaD, what makes you think that you have to be better than someone else to help them? My advice, read about Socrates. You don't have to give someone good advice in order to help them. You can often draw out their own wisdom, or at least help them understand what they need to understand better by drawing them out.

Anonycat

Crusader
I think that it helps! Anything that gets them out of the orgs and missions is good. Anything that reduces the cult's income is good.