ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Donations to the Ideal Org San Diago...Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'North America' started by bobthesp, Mar 1, 2009.

1. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks Rae. I hadn't ever heard of the Inglewood org, either.

:welcome: Ted!
    Wow, parts of the grounds are beautiful. Reminds me of the Manor Hotel grounds at CC. Wonder who is selling it?

2. HCObringOrder?

HCObringOrder? Silver Meritorious Patron

It was true years ago, and I think it is true now, the law of California requires every sale of land or property to be in escrow for some period of time.
    I do not know the specifics of that law though.

3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

What I think (opinion) it means in this case is that they have an option on purchasing it if they can raise the money by a specific date. On their website they do not state that it has been purchased. Plus there is a marked lack of interior pix - only the mock-ups of the reno'd version. In other words, they will need mucho moolah for the renos too.

Paul

4. HCObringOrder?

HCObringOrder? Silver Meritorious Patron

Being in escrow, if they cannot make their payment date, then they would forfeit some or all of the earnest money they put up. For a 20 (or 12) million $$ property, the earnest money should be a considerable amount also.
    My thought is that the money is ready, but being held until the last possible moment for 2 reasons.
    1. The interest earned on that money.
    2. The added donations from the conned membership that will replace the money that Int does not want to show as funds from other sources.

5. Dulloldfart

They already purchased it for $9.3 million in May 2008. Part of an a.r.s. post:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/browse_thread/thread/9058d27502f1787e?pli=1

San Diego Business Journal • Dec 29, 2008 •

TOP COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE SALES OF 2008 Ranked by sale price of San
    Diego County properties/

snip>
    Church of Scientology

5/29/2008 $9.3 [million]

7380 Parkway Drive
    La Mesa 91942

http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/realestate/realestate18.html
    Church of Scientology Buys 64,000 Square Feet in La Mesa for $9.3M

San Diego Business Journal/May 27, 2008

The San Diego chapter of the controversial Church of Scientology is
    moving its focus to La Mesa with the May 21 purchase of a Coleman
    College campus at 7380 Parkway Drive.

The Church of Scientology's San Diego offices are located at 1330 Fourth
    Ave. between A and Ash streets.

The church purchased the new site for $9.3 million. The two buildings,
    which are 53,400 square feet and 11,000 square feet, will be used as an
    educational campus, said the broker on the deal, Vince Provenzano with
    Commercial Properties.

Originally built in 1962, the buildings were the site of La Mesa Bowl
    before they were remodeled in 1981 and used by Coleman College as a
    computer center.

The new site will provide more parking and visibility, said Provenzano."

http://tinyurl.com/dl22jb
    Google Maps/(street view)
    7380 Parkway Drive La Mesa 91942
    [formerly; Coleman College/La Mesa Bowl site]

http://tinyurl.com/au9j6q
    Google Maps/(satellite view)
    7380 Parkway Drive La Mesa 91942
    [formerly; Coleman College/La Mesa Bowl site]

Paul

6. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

I know someone on that list who gave $150,000.

I am still in contact with someone in San Diego on Org lines, he is shown in the $150,000 category. They contacted me and made a big pitch for me to donate something, even if was only $100. I refused and he seemed pretty upset with me. I have learned the ropes about the "Ideal Org" solicitations.

There is a lot of hoopla and fanfare generated and many events scheduled in order to raise the money, I've found that $6.5 to $7 million is typical. People are urged to refi their homes, cash in their IRA's or do whatever it takes!
    At my local Org, I donated $25 at a Christmas diner the Org put on in 2000. Later during the pledge drive I gave $250 because someone at the Org had been giving me touch assists free of charge. That was around 2004 and was the last money I ever paid in to SCN. They finally collected the money and got the "Ideal Org" around late 2004. There was a big party and Celebration which I did not attend. I have not been inside an Org since 2003. Sounds good, yes A to B and now they have their Org. Not so fast, nothing ever goes smoothly in C of S. Management waits about a month, letting the people have their win, then it is announced that they need another $5 million for the "Design" phase. Just what is the design phase. It has to do with getting the interior designed professionally and then remodeling it and furnishing the "Ideal Org" with a new paint scheme, carpeting, window and wall coverings, modernized plumbing and electric and furniture, etc..

My Org still has not moved into the building and they still have not collected all the money needed for the "Design" phase as far as I know. The building is used in its current original condition about once a month for special events and promotions. This is typical C of S. Management knows there will be a design phase but they do not tell the public about until after the public has collected all the first phase money and then they spring this little surprise on them. How would you feel if you refinanced your home for $150k and you were exhillarated about making your goal and then were told you still needed to help raise millions more for a design phase?

WHO HOLDS TITLE TO THE NEW BUILDING (and all the new furnishings)?
    If you donated $10K to the fund, or even $500, not to mention $150 K, wouldn't you want to make sure your local Org owns the Org? No one at the org even seems to think about this topic. Actually the new buidling is owned by International Management, probably RTC, They are the ones who hold the deed and title to the building and the one's who will benefit when the value of the building grows over the years. The local org and the actual people who paid the money own no stake whatever in the building. Pretty nifty scam, right. Even the government is cheated out of taxes, because being a religion, no capital gains taxes will be paid on profits if and when the building is sold.........lkwdblds

7. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

It's blindly following DM because that is all they have left. very sad isn't it. If Scientology were booming as they think it is, they would never need donations.

8. sandygirl

sandygirl Silver Meritorious Patron

Trust me the scam gets worse.......

I got a call from a friend of mine who's city became an ideal org. a few years ago. The regging and recruiting mostly killed off the field but they did eventually raise the ridiculous amount of money needed. NOW they need to raise MORE $$$ as upper mgmt. decided that all of the new Div. 6 displays need to be updated!!!!:duh: And to do it .......the ENTIRE roof needs to be raised!!!!

I can only imagine that this latest fiasco will drive the remaining few left OUT of the "ideal masoleum" for good!!!!!

So much for worshipping mest........

9. Dulloldfart

"Design Phase" sounds more like planning than actually gutting the place and remodelling it, which is what they tend to do. It sounds like full architectural drawings and planning permission and official approval from DM (good luck with that!) as well as the local authorities.

What is the final phase called before the building is open to the floods of public? Does your friend know? "Remodelling Phase?"

I like "Gutting Phase." Descriptive. :)

Paul

10. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Holy shit.....:hysterical:
    Next thing you know they'll be asking for donations to pay for staff clothing (uniforms)...no not food, that would be a waste.

11. Dulloldfart

All the pix. I was lax in posting them. Apologies to the sender.

1st pic - Main building front, The only portion observable from the I-8 Freeway East bound.
    2nd pic - The West end of the main building, The street is on the South/ along the front of the main building.
    3rd pic - The other building on the property, in the North West corner of the parking lot.
    4th pic - The next part of the parking lot to the West of the main building.
    5th pic - Rear of the main building, looking West at the side of the second building on the property.
    6th pic - Main Drive signs, on the West side of the main building.

Closer look at the 2 trailers and the electrical hookups on the rear of the main building. (I seem to have lost this one somehow).

The Down town Org building has a For Sale sign on the Parking lot side of the building at the 2nd floor level.

Paul

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  12. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

Has anyone referenced the LRH Ideal Org HCOB?

Per the Original HCOB describing an Ideal Org which I believe came out in the early 1970's, the factors making the Org ideal were mainly having to do with the staff being hatted, the Org maintaining superlative communication with its public and the quality of the Service and the Tech being Superlative. The building and furnishings are mentioned, but only briefly, something to the effect that they will be upstat, clean and aesthetically pleasing.

C of S has corrupted the name, "Ideal Org" into focusing on the quality of the physical building, design and furnishings. Oh yes, good service is mentioned briefly as a footnote or an asterisk type item. The priorities between good service and the physical building have undergone a 180 degree switch.

Their point of view is "having to have before you can do." The reasoning is that the Org has no chance of succeeding if the building is not spectacular.
    Once the building looks something like the Bellagio hotel in Vegas then automatically everyone will be beating down the doors to pay for Scientology Services. Since the prices are so high that only the upper elite millionaires can afford services, maybe they have a better chance of signing up a few millionaires but the last I heard their driving purpose is to Clear the Planet.

Their whole line of reasoning is so ridiculous and illogical that I can not believe that their publics are contributing to this fiasco to the extent that they are. Their naivity and lack of discernment is beyond naive but I can't think of a stronger term for being ultra naive.....lkwdblds

13. Div6Staff

Div6Staff New Member

ha! ya i was around this org for a while... whacky-ass ED and rich-ass handfull of public that kept this place afloat. This is disgusting, but really, they're all just pawns in DM's "command intention-high robbery" bullshit!

14. Div6Staff

Div6Staff New Member

15. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Here is attached a copy of the Ideal Orgs policy.

Attached Files:

16. UnifiedField

UnifiedField Patron

So nothing about real estate then. :ohmy:

17. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Is it maybe possible that DM isn't following policy to the letter? I could never believe that.