What's new

Electro-Shock Therapy Causes the Resurgence of Self-Determinism

auntpat

Patron with Honors
Thanks Alonzo

I live in Senior Housing and there is a woman here who has a problem with bad depression. To the place that she called the police and told them she wanted to kill herself. The police picked her up and took her to the county hospital. Her Dr. has started her on a series of EST (electro-shock treatment) and she is doing so much better getting out of her apartment and communicating with others, etc. She feels as though it is helping her so much.
I am with this Dr. who gave this talk if it helps the patient then who is to say that it is wrong.

Alex has gone to find the BTs making her sick. She should just electrocute them. NOT electrocute herself- I am not saying that. But the BTs, yes! Improve their self determinism with ECT and have a nicer gang around. Can start to call them "spriritual team mates"!

Last edited:
Oh look!

Cognitive Dissonance!

It's true for him, Alex.

Electro-shock WORKS!

Why would that sicken you?

A. It DOES work, for a period of time.

B. It does not work permanently.

C. It does so by inducing seizures within the brain which serve to interrupt the current "fixated" operation of the brain circuits responsible for the mood disorder.

D. The technology is VASTLY improved since Hubbard's day.

E. It STILL results in irreparable damage to the structure of the brain.

F. It is generally not recommended except in the most intractable instances because of the problems associated with the treatment.

As a side note, several of the pharmaceutical approaches to dealing with mood disorders work in an essentially similar fashion by inducing a "chemical shock" to the brain. The effects can be similar, although generally not as pronounced. Damage increases with length of treatment.

So the key question becomes: just how depressed are you?

Mark A. Baker

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
A surgeon gives his life changing wins from electro-shock therapy.

I first read that as if it said something like "surgeon gives his life changing the fuse on electro-shock machine." What a difference a hyphen can make.

Paul

The Clam

Patron with Honors
I prefer getting someone to hit me with a shovel in the back of the head. Damn it bring me right into present time and feeling good about myself. You all should try it.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
There's a big wide world out there, people.

L Ron Hubbard only wanted you to see a small part of it.

This guy was fucked. And Electro-Shock Therapy cured him.

Deal with it.

Deal with it.

There is a little world here -on ESMB and Alex wanted us not to see any of it.

The mere mention of ECT has cured us of Alex on this thread.
Must remember to slot ECT into every thread!

Deal with it.

The man is not cured until the cult of Scientology is able to talk him into leveraging any real estate he owns and sucks all his money out of him

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wait...wait...wait..... so “it is true for you if it is true for you” (excuse me while I :puke2: ) unless it is psychiatry?

FoTi

Crusader
One could just go stick their finger in a light socket with the lamp plugged in, or get a wire coat hanger and stick it in an electrical plug. It doesn't cost anything. It could be very stimulating. One might forget all about their depression for a while. :eyeroll:

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is a little world here -on ESMB and Alex wanted us not to see any of it.

The mere mention of ECT has cured us of Alex on this thread.
Must remember to slot ECT into every thread!

Or perhaps, you will go and avail yourself of this mind scrambling procedure, and report back to us on its benefits?

Its a big "world", bigger than you can imagine. You seem oblivious to much beyond the sensations your body gives you. I encourage you to sit in silent contemplation for a few moments every day, and discover the truth of who you are.

Then perhaps you will understand my rage at people who self mutilate with electricity.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Or perhaps, you will go and avail yourself of this mind scrambling procedure, and report back to us on its benefits?

Its a big "world", bigger than you can imagine. You seem oblivious to much beyond the sensations your body gives you. I encourage you to sit in silent contemplation for a few moments every day, and discover the truth of who you are.

Then perhaps you will understand my rage at people who self mutilate with electricity.

Why would someone else, finally finding a way out of debilitating depression, throw you into a rage?

Are you against people getting better?

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why would someone else, finally finding a way out of debilitating depression, throw you into a rage?

Are you against people getting better?

R2-45 is another way out of a debilitating depression. Or giggly thai hookers and a bit of rope.

I rage at the waste of it. I rage at my own bad decisions restimulated.

I rage at the wisdom squandered, in others angered retribution at their own failed solution.