ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Ernie Martin Interview at Aida Thomas's Party LA 2011.

Discussion in 'Scientology-related Videos' started by Sharone Stainforth, Mar 5, 2012.

1. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

While I was doing other things on my computer, I managed to hear all of Ernie's performance.

Man . . . Ernie, Jezzuzzz, man, you're coming off like a loonie-toon!

You're not a good example of what you're trying to pitch or represent.

Though it sounded as though you thoroughly impressed the enthralled and polite audience you had in the room.

Ummmm . . . they're in for some major disappointment when they've spent enough money, done enough hours and followed your example :roflmao::hysterical::hyper:

R

2. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

No hope for some then,I find it astonishing that these people have such closed minds.So far, on these old timer videos, I've never seen so much bull spoken in my life.Fortunately most 'normal' people that watch them will know to stay well away from Scientology, because it does show just how mental Scientology is.

Oh well, if people want to believe in so much rubbish, that's up to them. Personally, I want facts.Shame she deleted the conversation on Facebook, I'd like to have seen that.

Well, at least you tried.Thank you, Smurf.

3. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

Yours is not the first story of such abuse that I have heard about from st hill.

4. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

Some months ago I ran across a report that Ernie died. If so, he certainly won't RIP for many, many incarnations to come. What it takes to maintain that level of madness doesn't transmute quickly at all.

Someone in the LA area might contact Lyn Adelstein as I think she worked with Martin until the end. Here's her website: http://www.lynadelstein.com/clients.html

5. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

What is possibly more nauseating than Ernie on this video is the fawning all about him.
    Barf.

6. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

:yes: I really couldn't watch it... well, I could have but... :puke2:

7. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Seriously doubt it's the same Ernie. The video where's he talking about Quentin is recent, and I asked Aida about comments he made. She said she would get back with him and ask him.

Ernest JT Martin is 84.

8. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

Full name: Ernest Joseph Terrance Martin

Anyone have any info on what became of his wife, Eva Hollis? Eva was born in Vienna, was a classical pianist.

9. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

I'm with you on that, Mate.

I had to hold my stomach in order to get the data to honestly make a comment.

It truly was sicksville stuff.

Looking at the bullshit he was putting out, is quite sad to contemplate.

I mean, how can/could he actually believe some of the stuff he was trumpeting? Maybe, he doesn't . . . it's all fantasy and delusion of self.

He really is the ace poseur . . .

And what he is saying in that video is dangerously misleading to good people.

R

10. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

You think I wanted to watch it? I didn't, but I am researching my childhood and like it or not Ernie was a part of that. Plain and simple.As was Kenneth Urquhart and Karen Black, Bo Jonnson who committed suicide, Ernie, Bo and Karen all lived at Coopers Wood in 1966/67.All did courses at St. Hill and the three survivors of these mentioned here are all still committed to L. Ron Hubbard in whatever capacity.And there were many more at Coopers Wood and Little Baldwins, both houses that I lived at when I was a child and both houses were full of boarding Scientologists.James Stewart lived at Little Baldwins for a while, he also committed suicide.

Goran Robertson committed suicide, he was the MAA on the Apollo when I was there. Quentin my childhood friend on the Apollo, committed suicide ?

I've watched videos of all these old timers on the ship with L. Ron Hubbard, I've met up with my Father and what do you suppose my conclusion is?

Appears mental, is an understatement.

11. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yes, Sharone, my comment was in response to Arthur Dent's post immediately preceding it (not to the posting of the video itself).

"Appears mental" is an apt description, IMO.

12. dianaclass8

dianaclass8 Silver Meritorious Patron

Sharone, I did not interview Ernie at all; if you read carefully and my English does not fail me...it says: "interview at Aida Thomas' Party...it does NOT say interviewed by Aida Thomas.

He was interviewed by a Russian and I had just met Ernie at my house when I hosted a party at my house because I did not attend the Freezone Convention.

Now, I do not know what you mean by "Aida knows exactly what she's doing" Please don't invent stuff about me, or about things that are definitely not true at all.

13. dianaclass8

Smurf, don't invent that I responded angrily on Facebook, it is not true at all and as matter of fact I probably still saved our conversation on the discussion, because for your information I SAVE ALL of my emails, because that way people cannot say lies about me...see?

I told you on the thread that I have met Quentin and that he was a nice person, that in my opinion his suicide was pure speculation as it has NEVER been proven, you posted a link with info on the subject, but nothing tangible to come to that conclusion.

The reason I deleted the discussion was because you pointed out that Ernie said that Quentin dropped the body willingly because he was kidnapped and I agreed with you that his statement did not make sense or he could not prove what he was saying I saw no reason to keep a thread where there might be a lie.

See the difference? The way you express yourself here is does not reflect what happened.

I also said that as far as I am concerned in my mind, Quentin was murdered.

14. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

. . . .

15. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Aida, I didn't invent anything. You failed to mention that I said you were a very nice woman, and that you're free to believe what you want based on your own observations & experiences.

Neither did I "invent" the angry tone of your comment that you're "fed up with lies on the Internet about Scientology and LRH". As I am not the only one that contested Ernie's comments on your Facebook discussion, there would have been no reason for you to delete the discussion based on anything that was posted.

You misunderstood me & asked what proof I had Quentin committed suicide, and I corrected you, stating that some have believed he died from an attempted suicide attack. If you recall, I also posted from the autopsy report showing Quentin to be suffering from a staph infection.

You did say I had no business discounting Ernie's version of events because "you were not there." I responded that I was not present for the Holocaust, either, but I'm reasonably sure it took place as there were facts, photos & documents to confirm it occurred & the event could not be written off as "Internet lies".

Quentin was comatose when he was found in his car. He died in a hospital bed 12 days later with a staph infection & possible cerebral abscess, a combination which can be fatal.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  16. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Hi Sharone,

Thanks for posting this. And thanks to Smurf for the link to your site and story. I am still waiting for the vid to finish downloading so only was able to watch part of it so far.

"Uncle Ernie" :punch: :storm: He has that look, you know? That pedophile look, that stalker look to him. My mind does go off on tangents sometimes, but in criminal physical profiling (which was once considered a science), he fits.

I am so sorry for what happened to you, Sharone, but glad you are moving through it. In a way, I am glad you didn't fully understand the implications of what occurred at the time because you would have been so much more distressed to find that nobody would be willing to do anything about a Kha Khan who was a pedophile.

When I was Secretary (or Chairman, don't remember) on Hector Gonzales' Comm Ev, he had really weird sexual habits (not pedophile). We recommended he be dismissed from staff but IJC changed our recommendation because he made so much money for CCLA and was a Kha Khan. So I understand.

What happened was very, very wrong.

I'm sure you loved those shorts. I remember being that age and loving my first pair of "hippy" hiphugger jeans that dragged on the floor in the 70s. I even embroidered them personally. I'm sorry to hear he took that bit of joy from you.

But I am glad to see you talking and writing about it.

Love you, girl. You are brave and beautiful.

Sheila

17. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Andre Tabayoyan knows the truth about Quentin's death. Ask him.

To Sharone: Aida is okay. She wouldn't have known about Ernie's history because if she had, he DEFINITELY wouldn't have been a guest at her house.

18. dianaclass8

Smurf, I read that you said "angrily" as far as I was concerned the conversation between you and I on FB was very polite between us that is why I was surprised you said that, I always respected your opinions and you have always been polite with me, I was not angry at all.

Just for the record, I am fully aware of LRH's lies and mistakes, I do not rever him or never did, however I have read over the years things that are altered in my opinion, but I am not going to discuss that here because it is not the point.

As for Ernie, I have met him at the end of November last year, in other words, only three months ago and have seen him again only for a couple of times.

I didn't ask what proof YOU had he committed suicide, I said that there has been speculations over the years about it...and you posted some links which I found interesting.

The thing that gets me, has nothing to do with you...it has to do with the fact that Quentin never left a suicide note, neither makes sense to me that he decided to go to Las Vegas and on the way he thought: "I am going to get naked and kill myself here on the road where all can see me and find me in this condition" Yeah right!

You pointed out he has staph infection and possible cerebral abcess, but I believe I read that he was found naked on the road and possibly died from the fumes of the car. I don't remember exactly because to me is such a lie. And if he had that "lethal combination" then why it is said he committed suicide...see?

People can believe and say whatever they want on that one. I met him and I had an excellent impression of him.

I deleted the discussion because Ernie said something that did not make any sense and I removed the video because I agreed with you...why leave it there? Perhaps I should have sent you a PM telling you that I was going to remove it because of that. By the way, I am not mad at you at all, I liked that you care enough to bring the links.

19. dianaclass8

True.

20. dianaclass8

Gotta, when I first came to the US to train at the end of '77, I saw A LOT of out ethics on the 2D all over in Scn, but in the country as well. Not that I am a prude or innocent, but I came from a completely different type of environment and moral codes on the second dynamic.

I had a huge, huge cultural shock, it was very hard to me, I even had to get auditing on the area because it was unbearable to me what I was experiencing. As a matter of fact it still is. I felt that most scientologists were very weird in the area of sex and family, I still feel that way thirty years later. But we are not going to discuss that topic here because it is a flaming topic...LOL!

So with that said, I felt that out 2D was rampant and everyone seemed oblivious to it. It is now 33 years later that it is mentioned that was not a happy thing.