What's new

ESMB and The Freezone - let's have it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Way to go - I like people who stand up for themselves.

The way I see it is Terril said whatever he said and apologized for it too. I didn't notice it at the time particularly, but Pixie has been howling about it ever since. I mean, what's the point of going on and on and on and on and on about it? She's made the point. If you're having a discussion with someone on a board, you make your point, they make their point, you refine yours (or don't), so do they, and that's the end of it. There's nothing to be gained by repeating what you said two posts ago unless you are deliberately trying to annoy the hundreds of people who are reading the thread. Maybe one or both of you learn something and change your viewpoint somewhat, or maybe you don't, but there's a life cycle to these things. They start, change, and STOP!

If one is still upset about something, then deal with it, as non-Scientologists say. I could suggest ways to get over such upsets, but somehow I think that wouldn't be welcome on this thread.

Paul

Div6

Crusader
A 24 hour ban is not a permaban. One of the "rules" of ESMB is to attack the ideas, but leave the ad-hominem at home. If you feel particularly butt-hurt about that, that you can't just bash some one whether they are here or not to defend themselves, then I would suggest finding some other place to do so.

I am not a mod. IMHO, etc.

That said, I think Terril should be banned from posting when he is drunk.....mebbe we will have to attach a breathalyzer to his computer to prevent ESMB from loading if he is "over the limit".

Pixie

Crusader
Well, Roan will have a day to cool off, but I think Roan's responses and those of others in this thread indicate that freezone forums do not belong on an Ex-Scientologist Message Board. The freezoner email list moderators are quick to ban any poster who utters anything un-L. Ron Hubbard. The FZ has no right to any forum here and the evidence is in that it results in upsets to non-freezoners.
Smitty

Thank you Smitty! One cannot start a thread like this and not expect some fall out. We are all totally and utterly damaged beyond words as a result of a mindbending cult, some of us only need a gentle nudge now and then, not a full blown and in some cases bright red writing and banning and warnings left right and centre, we came here to get away from all that bollocks!

acertainratio

Patron with Honors
The way I see it is Terril said whatever he said and apologized for it too. I didn't notice it at the time particularly, but Pixie has been howling about it ever since. I mean, what's the point of going on and on and on and on and on about it? She's made the point. If you're having a discussion with someone on a board, you make your point, they make their point, you refine yours (or don't), so do they, and that's the end of it. There's nothing to be gained by repeating what you said two posts ago unless you are deliberately trying to annoy the hundreds of people who are reading the thread. Maybe one or both of you learn something and change your viewpoint somewhat, or maybe you don't, but there's a life cycle to these things. They start, change, and STOP!

If one is still upset about something, then deal with it, as non-Scientologists say. I could suggest ways to get over such upsets, but somehow I think that wouldn't be welcome on this thread.

Paul
That is the longest way of telling someone to shut up that I've ever heard.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Well, Roan will have a day to cool off, but I think Roan's responses and those of others in this thread indicate that freezone forums do not belong on an Ex-Scientologist Message Board. The freezoner email list moderators are quick to ban any poster who utters anything un-L. Ron Hubbard. The FZ has no right to any forum here and the evidence is in that it results in upsets to non-freezoners.
Smitty

Roan's post had misrepresentations in it. For example it contained a nick assigned to me by other critics -one which Roan has previously used and alluded to as well- and saying that I'd like the forum to be this CST whatever. Right there, that's a misrepresentation of my stance and everything I posted in this thread.

I don't see any reason why one cannot post something saying they hate the FZ, disapprove of it, that this thing happened (which I still don't know WTF it was) and that they consider this indicative, without being other than civil about it.

I'd be more than happy to discuss that with anyone if they wanted to discuss that with me, that is. As long as they don't try to make me or anyone else who wasn't a party to the incident responsible for it, use ad homs, or imply that- apart from forum rules - I have no right to believe or practice IRL as I see fit (providing no laws, etc are broken).

Good twin

Floater

Paul

Yes, I agree Paul. I thought we were asked our opinions, and then allowed to state them. I thought at one point it was apparent that everyone agreed that we all respect Emma to make any decision she sees fit. She introduced the moderators a while back. She asked us to respect them. This thread is a train wreck now.

Div6

Crusader
Smitty

And you base this on what? The FZ forums have been here since the early beginnings. While there have been a few flame fests involving them, for the most part they have been informative and enlightening.

I would suggest that if you are particularly offended by them that you start your own board according to your own definitions. ESMB tries to keep a big umbrella, cause it is a big world...

IMHO

Pixie

Crusader
Would you ban someone if they called you a self important pig fucker?

Just want to make sure that I know where the boundaries lie.

Thank you for your attention.

:hysterical: To be honest, I'd laugh my socks off, wow, what an expression! A 'pig fucker'.. an interesting concept, however, a warning perhaps, but a ban? This is not a child's playgroup, he could always respond then hit the 'ignore' key.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey Thor,

I think you're doing just fine. Not joking here.

Paul

P.S. It's midnight and I'm going offline before I turn into a pumpkin.

Div6

Crusader
Thank you Smitty! One cannot start a thread like this and not expect some fall out. We are all totally and utterly damaged beyond words as a result of a mindbending cult, some of us only need a gentle nudge now and then, not a full blown and in some cases bright red writing and banning and warnings left right and centre, we came here to get away from all that bollocks!

I respectfully request exclusion from your generality.

Who is the "we" you refer to?

If you want to set the rules, I suggest you get your own sandbox.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
:hysterical: To be honest, I'd laugh my socks off, wow, what an expression! A 'pig fucker'.. an interesting concept, however, a warning perhaps, but a ban? This is not a child's playgroup, he could always respond then hit the 'ignore' key.

Right. So someone could post "try this FZ thing, it's good it's good, I want you to do it, here are ten gazillion success stories and I will post EACH separately with bells and whistles" but hey, can always hit the ignore key.

:coolwink:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
A 24 hour ban is not a permaban. One of the "rules" of ESMB is to attack the ideas, but leave the ad-hominem at home. If you feel particularly butt-hurt about that, that you can't just bash some one whether they are here or not to defend themselves, then I would suggest finding some other place to do so.

I am not a mod. IMHO, etc.

That said, I think Terril should be banned from posting when he is drunk.....mebbe we will have to attach a breathalyzer to his computer to prevent ESMB from loading if he is "over the limit".

Are you "Thor"?

Pixie

Crusader

Paul

NO DOF!! He did in fact NOT apologise for any such thing! In fact he had an extreme bout of amnesia!! Annoying 'hundreds of people?? I feel this is a groses and unecessary exagerationon on your part for sure. Ah, so that's why I've been getting all those PMs of support then, don't be ridiculous, I've not gone on and on, it is he who goes on and on, what is the title of this thread DOF? Of course it was going to come up again! This is an exaggeration and surprisingly insidious coming from you. If my 'going on and on' is bothersome to you Dull Old Fart then why are you reading my posts in the first place?? And indeed, if you see my standing up for myself as 'howling', then perhaps it's you who needs to look at a few things for a change instead of being such a pompous knowit all too.

acertainratio

Patron with Honors
It's us being saved from our badness. We should be grateful that someone of such lofty elevation and discernment has deemed to spend thirty seconds considering the matter.

Rohan has been RPF'd.

But all the best people end up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.