ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

ESMB and The Freezone - let's have it out!

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by Emma, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Google > Images. I don't recall the search string for that one. I think it must have been 'dongcopters'. I found it when searching for that.

:D

2. asagai

asagai Patron Meritorious

The golden feather and Alanzo's dammits are graciously received! :thumbsup:

However you are all down-stat and I hereby assign you to the Liability Thread where the board's colours are changed to dirty grey and you cannot post back on this or any other thread until you petition me to rejoin the group.

There, Emma, I've solved the problem in one easy 1,000th post! :D

PS, Alanzo, by means of penance, you must now spell words the correct English way otherwise your colour will be grey for the duration.

3. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Shit! I was going to go for 1111.

This is serious inval. I won't post anymore.

And get this. You all deserve that! Alan especially. :(

4. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Need we mention the Idenics thread?

Which, until today, was the largest thread on ESMB.

Who was the Vedic Crooner then, huh?

5. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Not only that, but Vin made the 1000th post on 21 June, with NO contest there at all. I didn't even notice.

Paul

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Just think, Alanzo. Five people posting to the "Stat Push Thread", 200 posts each with one every thirty seconds, could whack off 1,000 posts in just under two hours. :)

But not tonight.

Paul

7. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

:laugh: :laugh: :unsure: :hysterical: No wonder I was getting confused!

8. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

This is a fantastic idea.

Leave it to Paul to think this one up.

9. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

:winner: :congratulations: :happydance: Congratulations Asagai, how ironic, you derserve this more than any of us. :yes:

10. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

I think most people realize this Boldgirl, I do this myself, I feel it sound's a little better than using the word 'one', and anyone that takes the 'you' literaly is just being pedantic in the extreme. :yes:

11. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

I can show you how an activity involving 2 people conversing or interacting can make a person a lot duller compared to reading mumbo jumbo alone at a table with a stack of dictionaries in front of you.

Just go and talk to DM.

12. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Idenics is still the first thread ever on ESMB to reach a thousand posts.

So there!

The job was long accomplished. The road was paved for others to follow on other threads.

13. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

You are a pioneer!

14. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

I can't argue with that!

15. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Did your family drive covered wagons through the Kyber Pass and discover India?

16. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Are you accusing me to be an American?

17. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Maybe.

Who was the 16th American President?

18. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

There is a story concerning an old sea captain. He plied the seven oceans for 50 years, on every type of vessel with every crew in every sea and weather condition possible, without losing a man. His status among his crews, and indeed, the entire marine fleet, amounted to veneration. It became known through his cabin boys that when he rose in the morning the captain would bathe, dress, then use a key fastened to a chain around his neck to open a small box kept in his quarters. From this box he would remove a paper, read the contents, replace it, and lock the box. So far as anyone knew, no one had ever seen that paper but the keyholder.

The day of retirement for the ancient captain finally came. He shook hands with the mate, said goodbye to the crew, and strode down the gangplank without looking back. Then, the cabin boy reported. The box sat on a table in the captain's quarters. Beside it lay the key, still attached to it's chain. The crew was electrified. As one, they moved to the captain's quarters, huddling around the table on which the box sat. The battered mate, himself a grizzled 30 year veteran of all things maritime, picked up the key and opened the box. He took out the paper, and with trembling breath said aloud to the crew those words written up on it:

"Port is left and starboard is right."

19. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

My god, I stopped the ESMB thread. And all it took was a long, boring off topic story. I shouldn't be proud, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.