ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

ESMB Poster "David Mayo"

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Dulloldfart, Apr 18, 2011.

Tags:
View Users: View Users
  1. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

So I'm glad that I'm studying shamanism, history and Buddhism right now. The books by Buddhist authors I'm reading contain "don't follow me, I'm not perfect" and "we're all bozos on this bus" type comments in virtually every single chapter. Yet, what they have to offer really does help.

2. Voltaire's Child

Oooh, nice post, Chuck. Nice to see you on here.

3. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Actually it's a bit worst than that, Fluff. Such individuals are in fact 'spreading entheta in the name of theta'. Rather than simply addressing the 'unpleasant' truths that are raised on their boards they seek instead to denigrate those who dare to broach such topics. It shows a remarked inability to confront truth and is not 'ot' in any sensible estimation.

Mark A. Baker

4. Voltaire's Child

Yah. I sometimes get more annoyed with those who give the tacit approval and who turn their backs on their friends than I do with the ones who were really aggressive, etc.

5. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Capiche. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker
    p.s. are you paying attention, BB? :D

6. Voltaire's Child

One thing BB did do, was at least chime in on that discussion in the Freezone yahoo group that I was having (the really awful one) and encourage everyone to take it back channel. Of course that went over like a lead balloon but I will also say that at no time did I get the feeling that BB felt I deserved to be excoriated as I was.

This is more than I can say for some other friends of mine.

7. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Yes BB is good about 'disapproving after the fact' while being wholly feckless in the face of the coming storm. That is, when he isn't the one leading the charge. :eyeroll:

However, he is a nice man.

Mark A. Baker

8. apocalyptic

apocalyptic Patron with Honors

A 'nice man' is the 'last man' to trust in regard to addressing the idiosyncrasies of Spiritual Being. Most especially coming from desiring the nectar of having social influence and power. For the simple reason their 'niceness' necessitates a psychological blind-spot that renders their spiritual-objectivity (and thus analysis) null & void.

We thought you would know that (or knew that, by now) Mark.

Apparently we (unwittingly) erred.

Your emotion is showing.

Forgive us.

Or fire.

Apocalyptic

9. Voltaire's Child

Well, I know BB pretty well. We've met, emailed, phoned. I consider him to be a friend. He and I don't agree on everything, of course, but then again, when I'm looking to be a friend with someone, I'm not looking for a clone.

I used to know some people who had these neighbors. The friends of ours were very distressed at these vicious dogs their neighbors had who ran around loose terrorizing everyone and who were rumored to be chickenkillers. (serious thing as this was a rural area). Later, I asked them about it again and they said the dogs weren't really vicious. And the reason our friends no longer thought so was that they had made friends with those neighbors. The dogs' behavior did not change one iota.

What I mean by this parable is that people tend to make excuses for their friends. I did see that in that recent discussion debacle (and I'd been trying so hard to be flame free).

10. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Why would you conclude that I "... trust in regard to addressing the idiosyncrasies of Spiritual Being ...", BB? :omg:

Or that I advocate trusting people based on how nice they may appear to be? :omg:

Your post makes no sense. :no:

What I said was: BB is a nice man. Full stop. It's true. He is. He also knows a lot of people. Some of the people he knows, I know too. Some of those people I personally deem to be exceptionally trustworthy individuals.

I have made no implication that I agree with BB's judgement. Frankly, I often don't. :no:

Be wary of the assumptions you make.

Mark A. Baker

11. freet43

freet43 Patron with Honors

Queen of the Sun

Coming to Davis, CA starting Friday, June 17th for one week only!

http://www.davisvarsity.net/pages/comingsoon.php

Marina