ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

ESMB Under DoS attack?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by PirateAndBum, Jan 25, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Lovesnightsky

Lovesnightsky Silver Meritorious Patron

Can anyone contact Emma in RL (Real Life) and get her to increase bandwidth? There's money in the paypal account for it.
    Most hits are on Sabrina's story as it's now 3rd top story in Digg.com and climbing rapidly.

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

The TOP 7 stories on Digg are about Scientology right now!

Sabrina's story is #1.

Paul

3. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Currently on digg out of the top ten news in all topics - 6 are anti-scn stories and the top 3 are all anti-scn. #9 is the David Miscavige Neice (sic) story with a link to ESMB.

4. Dulloldfart

And you gotta remember OSA Int have already pretty much been up all night for the past week anyway.

And now....

Paul

5. Dulloldfart

From www.digg.com just now:

Top in All Topics
    Why the Cult of Scientology Needs to be Abolished

Anonymous Propaganda thumb

LOLzcats go after Scientology, too. thumb

Scientology teachings claim Jesus Christ was a pedophile

Anonymous: A Response to The Media thumb

Internet group declares war on Scientology - news.com.au thumb

Scientology OT Summit 2007 DVD Leaked on The Pirate Bay thumb

Install OS X on Your Hackintosh PC, No Hacking Required!

Cabling As Art

Gibson Screws Musician Out Of $10,000 Worth Of Equipment thumb

Paul

6. lionheart

Most guests here are currently viewing Sabrina's story thread http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=57816&postcount=1 which is as you say, Paul, is #1 on Digg.

On my Digg Top Ten there is also the Operation Snow White thread.

It seems to me there is a radical shift of public awareness as regards Scn taking place.

The CofS hates open communication. I think the Internet may well take it down at last! :happydance:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  7. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I just came online and got the 503 errors and wondered WTF? The board is still slow for me, but all this activity is bloody brilliant! Go Emma!

8. Dulloldfart

See post I just made to "Message to Anonymous" thread. It's an apology from Anon to Emma for Digging that story in a way that overloads this board.

Paul

9. Pepin

Pepin Patron with Honors

Bandwidth

I don't think it is a bandwidth issue. It appears that the server can not keep up.
    Perhaps a second server and a load balancer?

10. Free to shine

I see live chat on search pages is gone, that's a good idea. I am sure Emma will let us know what's happening when she can, and if she needs any help. There are lots of people who will, I am sure.

11. Dulloldfart

The extra traffic is from thousands of new people reading about CofS abuses.

Personally, I can put up with the relatively minor inconvenience. Besides, it gives me a chance to work my jaw muscles which ache from smiling so much. :)

Paul

12. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

An update

OMFG!!!

I was asleep and woke up to this!! :happydance:

Anyway, I got an email from the hosting company:

And after much emailing back & forth, this is the latest from them:

I'll keep you posted.

13. Free to shine

What would need to happen to have a dedicated server?

14. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

15. lionheart

Emma, a dedicated server is a good option and it doesn't have to be too expensive. I can put you in touch with the people I use for my dedicated servers. They are extremely relaible. Although the people you are currently using seem reliable too. What they did to your virtual server is normal when the resources get stretched, because they have to look after the interests of the other domains sharing the server.

Hence the dedicated server option is a good suggestion. See what price they charge for one and PM me to compare with the people I use.

I'm sure we will all club together to pay for the dedicated server if you decide that is what you want to do.

16. lionheart

I use Rackspace.com

If SiteGround is who you are currently using then upgrading to one of their dedicated servers would probably be smoother for you. Presumably they would provide the same control panel as you currently have on your virtual server?

As regards cost, don't worry. I would pay that for you myself, no problem, but I expect you would get several of us to cover the cost for you :)

17. Dulloldfart

Hang on! I just checked the hosting plans of some top companies. They have a monthly data transfer allowance ranging from 300GB to "unlimited". Some of the figures are 2,000GB and 3,000GB.

I assume most of these are in the US. I live in the UK but host my sites from the US as a review I read listed out the top hosts and I picked one of them.

What's ESMB's current monthly bandwidth? 100GB?

I don't know how this works with sudden high traffic, though.

Paul

18. Mojo

Mojo Silver Meritorious Patron

If the senior mgmt of the COS are unathorized to view the internet, how are they expected to respond to the mayhem?

And if David 'is' witness to the internet mayhem, what is he expected to do?

It seems to me the collapse has begun and the aftermath is unavoidable.

The last leg will be the Feds swooping down to scrap up the lingering pieces.

The world has had enough of Mr. Hubbards brand of bastardized fake religion.

And yet Hubbard was right in his vision: "I will smash my name violently into history...."

The violence he created has come full circle. Tis time to reap what scientologists have sewed.

19. lionheart

The problem was not monthly bandwidth, but CPU (processor usage)

I had the same problem when I had a virtual server. They have to allocate a portion of CPU per domain when multiple customers are sharing the server. It's only fair otherwise other people's domains would slow down because of ESMB hogging the resources.

The soultion for me was a dedicated server. I've never regretted it.

PM me Emma if you want to.

20. Lovesnightsky

Lovesnightsky Silver Meritorious Patron

paypal

Emma, check your paypal account for extra funds.