ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

everything closing up?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by exexex, Sep 3, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. exexex

exexex Patron

what is up with all this change in critics all of a sudden? aftermath shutting down, ESMB closing tomorrow? Karen Quitting ESMB?

whats up?

2. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Deleted.

Better explanation below ...

:)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  3. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

There is no "change in critics". I unbanned everyone who was previously banned and some (one in particular) have come back and caused a bit of noise. I believe this will settle.

Karen left because she was mad at me because she found out that I think she's controlling.

The Aftermath finished its final season on a high. For whatever reason there will not be a season 4, but according to Mike & Leah the work goes on. Mike Rinder still has his blog. Karen still has her Youtube channel. Jeffrey still has his blogs. Tony Ortega still has his Bunker. The Aftermath Foundation is still running. Chris Shelton still has his blogs & Youtube channel. Books are still being written. Lawsuits are still ongoing, or being initiated.

The sky has not fallen. It will be OK.

ESMB is not going anywhere.

Lurker5, Leland, JustSheila and 3 others like this.
  4. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

So.... No leaving party then?

What a bummer, I was going to prepare fireworks and all.

5. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

You can't be teasing people all the time. :cool:

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

If anything deserves this smilie, it is that statement.

:woohoo:

Paul

7. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

Those who think they are god's gift to mankind don't fare well here.

One was enough.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    tesseract likes this.
  8. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

and the color of the sky on the planet you imagine yourself to be on, is ...?

9. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Which tends to confirm your assessment, I would say. If there's one thing that control freaks can't stand, it's criticism. Not that I have a dog in this fight.

10. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Emma's criticism was expressed privately to another person (Alanzo), who then used it as part of his ongoing public campaign to smear Karen.

I doubt that anyone would appreciate criticism when it is received it that way.

11. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

A good point.

I suppose it hasn't occurred to anyone that Karen left because her feelings were hurt. It seems disingenuous to me to trust a person with something that private already knowing the other person won't keep quiet so it can it be used to publicly smear and humiliate the person discussed. Karen went from being another board member to an instantly unfairly scorned pariah by a few people here. So much for the board rules about civility and respect. You never know if it might be you next fellow board members falling out of favor here with a similar treatment that Karen is currently receiving. Something to think about.

:byefly:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  12. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Of course that occured to me (straight away) but my annoyance sits squarely with @Alanzo for blabbing something told to him in private ... we all get annoyed with people now and again and say things that half an hour later we have forgotten about but you don't expect someone to drag them up and expose them to the world and his dog, that was just awful and I still have no idea why he did it (and continues to do it with other people).

Tanchi and Type4_PTS like this.
  13. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I have never felt she was a pariah or deserved scorn. I have talked to her off and on and never saw that controlling side of her. That said, I know it is all too easy to get inflamed over some post. How many times have I bitched about HH that in hind sight was better left unsaid?

My position about her is: If anything, she has done wonders in her crusade to shine a light on Scientology's dirty laundry and deserves kudos.

Mimsey

La La Lou Lou and Bill like this.