ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Ex-member of the CoS- Brian Cox

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 2briancox, Feb 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Snottier! I think Brian may have changed his mind about that. On the other hand, looking at some of the responses he's had, one might wonder. :biggrin:

2. Mojo

Mojo Silver Meritorious Patron

Brian, I realize you were addressing Veda but I just wanted to mention if you take a few moments to familiarize yourself with Veda via his historical posts you will find that your perception of him is not, how shall I say, whole?

To wit: Veda is the last person (or one of them) that would ever suggest: It's all BS. Which reveals the beauty in being able to 'look' (i.e. read his previous posts) for yourself.

As far as I can tell reading Veda myself he is dedicated to providing reference material to anyone interested and or willing to receive it and review it. And he is well armed in that area.

You are obviously not lacking in intelligence (and goodness of spirit) and I imagine if you do a little research of your own (courtesy of numerous links provided by Veda and others) you will find your love of (or appreciation of) the 'for public consumption tech' will not be threatened. It's the 'light' side, or the 'white' side of the subject of Scientology. What Veda is saying is there is also a 'dark' side or 'black' side of the same subject. Which exposure to does not cause pneumonia or other undesirable physical effects. lol. In fact for many, exposing themselves to the dark side of Scientology affords them the luxury of accepting the light side of scientology as being all they care about, post being armed with the 'whole' body of facts.

On the other hand, most practicing Scientologist's cannot bring themselves to even 'look', notwithstanding Rons instruction to do exactly that, in regard to data. I sense you are an exception to the rule. Which is to say you do not seem to be a servant of fear (to look, listen, read and consider).

Mojo

3. 2briancox

2briancox Patron

[sarcasm]Well! Let me just lay down everything I have ever experienced and accept that! Thanks, Veda.[/sarcasm]

Yeah, it is rare for people to hear of that...to those who haven't continued with Scientology. I even ran in to several ex-Scientologist onlines at Flag and Minneapolis. They were back in the cult. Not everyone runs to ESMB. There's a big world out there outside of internet forums, Veda.

I think you over-estimate our relationship so far, Veda, if you think I'm coming to you for advice. Funny, I've never had anyone in the FreeZone "should" all over me like that yet. But thanks anyway.

4. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

So Brian, how long have you been with OSA? :coolwink: :lol:

Totally kidding. Just having some fun on a Saturday. With regards to Veda, he is always vigilant about making sure that no one joins ESMB and tries to "handle" people on the subject of Scientology. There are some who've done that in the past and there will probably be a few more who try in the future. Veda will always be ready for them. I don't believe that is what you are doing though.

Welcome Aboard!

:welcome:

5. Mojo

oops. If this comes up twice please disregard one. lol.

6. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Jeez you can be a condescending git sometimes. Yuck.

7. 2briancox

2briancox Patron

Thanks, Mojo. That was said with much respect and understanding. I agree completely... LOOK!

And, really, I tried very earnestly to make it clear... this is not my first minute outside of the Co$. I've done LOTS of looking. And I've already acknowledged many times that I don't agree with everything Ron wrote.

Not looking is quite a sickness inside the cult. And it is the control mechanism that DM uses to keep people ignorant of his personal crimes and the corrupt nature of the management. It was also probably something Ron used, from what I've seen, to get people to keep following him, and ignoring the fact that he didn't come up with it all. I even think the whole "anti-squirrel" movement was probably created to keep people following him and not someone else. Personally, I want the red-on-white because I do believe Ron had a very gifted touch at figuring out what tech actually worked and what didn't.

And just to put the concerns of this board at ease ... I will always look and evaluate whether any tech I receive is actually helping and not just making me feel good. Fair enough?

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Apparently you don't have a clear vision of what my view is.

It is not that "It's all BS."

I've long expressed the view that there are positives in Scientology.

You had a look at Hubbard's vindictiveness, a vindictiveness which didn't begin in the late 1960s, but dates back to the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s.

I've presented - on this thread and elsewhere - information that demonstrates Hubbard's penchant for deviousness and for manipulation. That penchant began very early, and is woven into tech writings and tech lectures. It is especially woven into the "upper levels."

It's not as easy as just "separating red on white from green on white."

It's more complicated and messier than that.

However, that doesn't mean that there are not some positives to be salvaged from Scientology. I believe there are.

9. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I'm trying to help people. Excuse me for not being perfect.

I did apologize.

By the way, I was the target of considerable condescension recently, and you didn't mind that.

And I did not complain.

If you want me to leave, say the word, and I'll be gone.

10. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

And you ARE helping people :clap:
    thank you.

11. 2briancox

2briancox Patron

=D

I'll acknowledge, there is probably going to be quite a history in a forum like this. And I should probably be a bit more considerate of that.

I guess a lot of my initial tone was intended to be very gentle and non-pushy. Because, when posting online, I've always noticed things can get quite heated rather quickly. (And then I accidentally let me evil opinions out by using the word "jaded". Damn it!)

As soon as I walked in here though a tone of "we have to show this noob the whole truth" seemed to be woven into the intent of much of the ... "Hey look at this ... you have to study these facts ... consider what so and so said ..." And that began to wear on me after a while.

And understand, I'm really ok with people believing anything they want. And I'm ok with people thinking anything they want about the Co$ AND the tech. I don't care. I know what I know. But as I've said...sometime people think they just MUST push their understanding on others ...

It's really dull.

12. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

I'll second that. :thumbsup:

13. Veda

Veda Sponsor

You ran into several ex-Scientologists on lines at Flag, and Minneapolis.

Yes, there have been a few of those. But not many, and they seldom last.

For your information, I audited inside Scientology and, after leaving the CofS, audited outside the CofS for some time.

Most of the documents on the Net about Scientology I first read either while inside the CofS, while part of a break-away mission after leaving the CofS, or while associated with various legal cases involving Scientology. My primary source of information is not the Net.

I have been subpenaed by Scientology, been questioned in depositions, and testified in court.

I am very familiar with the big world out there.

14. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Fair enough. There are plenty of threads to enjoy here. Enjoy yourself. :)

Still, I would like to hear your thoughts sometime about Lawrence Wright's book.

TG1

15. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

P.S. I doubt I know any of your old friends from where you used to live. But I think we know plenty of people in common among your friends in Washington State.

TG1

16. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Oh, yeah. Ron SAID that. But what happened when somebody tried to DO it? What happened when somebody disagreed with him? Were they ever just allowed to keep their own viewpoint? Or were they told to clear their MUs, sent off to cramming and/or ethics/RPF? My partner is always saying "Don't listen to what people SAY. Watch what they DO." Very few of his intimates survived Ron, and most ended up broken and bleeding, especially his own kids.

17. Mojo

And thank you Brian. I appreciate your presence here and your willingness to engage. As many here do (including Veda I would say).

It seems to me, having been a vocal (albeit anonymous) on-line & off-line protester of the church of scientology (policies & practices) for some 14 years now (and still going strong) you represent a near perfect opportunity for a mutually beneficial exchange of points of view. Near perfect I say in the sense you evidently have your intellectual and emotional wits about you. It wouldn't be surprising to hear that you physically work out also. lol.

You have already contributed so much in the way of your views here I haven't had the time/opportunity to bring myself up to speed, by reading each of your posts (save for skimming). There is however one subject of interest to me that you have engaged in, which is the one of mental health. As you penned (out of context here):

post # 60 directed to/in response to Miss Wog

My first question to you would be, do you imagine/believe/perceive (et al, lol) the 'field' of mental-health is a science? 'Yes or no' would be suffice, though any elaboration on your part would be a bonus for me/us. The reason I ask is I cannot shake the idea that the collective insanity of the church of scientology, as abundantly evidenced all around the world today, is evidence of some serious mental-health breakdowns of its individual practitioners. And if Mr. Hubbard suggested his 'science' (of scientology) could (and would) produce evidence of 'increased sanity, increased intelligence and increased overall stability in an individuals life, then surely that same science would be, and is, the source of the individual insanity & breakdowns in the individuals practicing his 'science'. Which is precisely what Mr. Hubbard accused the worlds 'mental-health professionals' at the time, of doing.

Ok, that was muddy. Let me approach it from a different position. I'm trying to understand your mind set for starters. Which may or may not assist me in the ever evolving construction of mine. Lol. Let me just say it in the form of a statement.

If a scientologist says to me, 'the system of mental health (think Masters and PHDs in terms of college book education and 10, 20 or 30 years or more in terms of personal worldly experience) should not be treated as some authority on the field of mental health in general', I immediately picture a 20 something year old youngster (boy or girl) that's never been to college themselves, reading Mr. Hubbard's book 'Dianetics The Modern Science of Mental Health', and I quiver. My point being Hubbard's 1930's and 40's and 50's basic theories of the mind (engrams abortions cellular recordings etc) standing next to the consequent 50, 60 and 70 years of documentable worldwide duplicatable studies and discoveries in the 'fields' of psychiatry and psychology is a comparison that makes me, well shudder. For the simple absurdity of the later being dismissed in favor of the former. And the proof of Hubbards scientific seniority? After auditing, people feel better. And they write up their wins to prove it (and to remember them later on). That's it Brian. That's it. You feel better. And I am glad you feel better, honestly I am (I ascribe to the 'we are all connected at some level of being' theory of being so my caring for your well being is actually selfish on my part, but thats a different story, lol).

Ok, I feel better now. I got to express myself (i.e. vent). Thanks Brian.

If you would care to respond I would love it. If not, I understand.

Back to the regularly unscheduled programming.

Mojo

18. Veda

Veda Sponsor

To be accurate, Brian C. retracted his "jaded" comment.

I also retracted a comment, but I guess the temptation to denounce me was too strong for some.

19. 2briancox

2briancox Patron

=D

Cool.

I've found all those though. lol

20. Veda

Veda Sponsor

It's not dull. It's people giving you information so as to help you.

Granted, it's information that you don't want.

However, in few months, you might return and look at the same links and post-content, that you found "pushy," and be grateful it's there.