What's new

Fanaticism

Vinaire

Sponsor
Maybe it would work better if you instead were to be the change you wish to see here on ESMB rather than creating the problem?

Am I creating the problem? At this point I am trying to understand the root cause of this problem. At one time ESMB used to be fun. There was tolerance and camaraderie. I think we can still recover that if we just find the root cause of these few bozos, who are spreading hate all over the place.

Vinaire

Sponsor
I haven't read many of your previous posts but based on this thread you aren't grading very high on any of those points. :no:

By the way, Type_4, if look at my list, decent behavior is at #4. To get to that point, we have to get the first 3 points in first.

That is what I find from my study of Mr. Stand-up comedian HH, his side kick Toady, and wanna-be-important person Mr. Gadfly.

Vinaire

Sponsor
I haven't read many of your previous posts but based on this thread you aren't grading very high on any of those points. :no:

ox3L7Y

Now, tell me Type_4, did you eat that fruit from the Tree of knowledge of good and evil? Did that teach you to not care to find the details and just jump to conclusions? Did that teach you to be judgmental of others at the drop of a hat? Did that teach you to be intolerant and impatient?

Could that cat be you? Be honest now.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some people might think this to be humorous. I would say they have a lousy sense of humor.

Such "humor" is simply for getting the high TA down.
Sorry. Humour is not allowed. See the Joking And Degrading PL. Turn in your materials, and report to Ethics. :)

Helena

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Am I creating the problem?

Yes, you are. :thumbsup:

To begin with, you started this thread in a scientology forum and then were insisting that the discussion would not include talk of scientology.

Much of the ensuing conflict stemmed from your decision to post a non-scientology topic into a Scientology forum.

As Mr. Nobody had pointed out, you could have started the thread in the "Off-Topic" Forum which Emma has set up for this purpose.

At this point I am trying to understand the root cause of this problem.

IMO, the violation of the ESMB forum rules (as you have violated repeatedly throughout this thread) IS part of the root cause.

:readrules:

I think we can still recover that if we just find the root cause of these few bozos, who are spreading hate all over the place.

When you make statements such as this you are only providing evidence that Gadfly's theory that you are intentionally trolling ESMB is valid. :ohmy:

Gadfly and Hoaxie are two of the best posters on ESMB in the opinion of many members here. That you would characterize them in the way you have says more about you then it does them.

Vinaire

Sponsor
It is incredible how many people here are under the spell of fanaticism. That is a hang over from Scientology and they don't even realize it. They have no idea what a decent person is like.

Those who idolize HH and Gadfly as two best posters on ESMB have my sympathies. They have a long way to go before becoming decent individuals.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Now, tell me Type_4, did you eat that fruit from the Tree of knowledge of good and evil?

:no: :unsure:

Did that teach you to not care to find the details and just jump to conclusions? Did that teach you to be judgmental of others at the drop of a hat? Did that teach you to be intolerant and impatient?

I haven't judged or jumped to conclusions with regards to your past threads as I've not read them as I mentioned other than maybe taking a quick peek.

As far as my judgements/conclusions with regard to your behavior in this thread in relation to the list that YOU compiled, I stand by my previous statement.

And yes, I can be intolerant and impatient with those who violate the forum rules for any reason. Whether someone does it in response to others who also do or whether its done for "research" purposes isn't a sufficient justification in my book. :no:

Could that cat be you?

Yes, I've been the cat on many occasions.

But less frequently in recent times. :yes:

Vinaire

Sponsor

I haven't judged or jumped to conclusions with regards to your past threads as I've not read them as I mentioned other than maybe taking a quick peek.

As far as my judgements/conclusions with regard to your behavior in this thread in relation to the list that YOU compiled, I stand by my previous statement.

And yes, I can be intolerant and impatient with those who violate the forum rules for any reason. Whether someone does it in response to others who also do or whether its done for "research" purposes isn't a sufficient justification in my book. :no:

Why aren't you insisting on all forums rules being applied to everybody?

Are you also one of these bozos full of hatred?

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Those who idolize HH and Gadfly as two best posters on ESMB have my sympathies.

I don't idolize ANYONE on ESMB. You just twisted my words to imply otherwise.

They have a long way to go before becoming decent individuals.

You are going to make this judgement based upon my opinion that those two are some of the best posters?

Your own words continue to provide more ammunition that these guys are correct in their evaluation of you.

Vinaire

Sponsor

Looks like you are more ignorant than you know.

Vinaire

Sponsor
I don't idolize ANYONE on ESMB. You just twisted my words to imply otherwise.

You are going to make this judgement based upon my opinion that those two are some of the best posters?

Your own words continue to provide more ammunition that these guys are correct in their evaluation of you.

Here we have another self-deluded fanatic, but maybe a theetie-weetie type.

He doesn't see any real outpoints.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Honestly, I can see only one hater in this thread and this hater is you, Vinnie. Now, before you shut your brains off and go into another tirade, please hear me out, OK?

Haters, no matter who they are and where they come from, have one thing in common: They first and foremost hate themselves.

Now why would you hate yourself? Because you failed. You failed in your logic and you failed to get your point across if there ever was one to begin with.

As I've pointed out in some of your threads, you're using circular logic. One time, after I said that, you pretended to adjust that, but you just made the circle bigger.

Although, technically, there might be nothing wrong with circular logic, it is of no practical use. A = A = A. What a beautiful statement, and full of logic. But it leads nowhere. A is what you've had in the beginning, and A is what you have in the end. There's no chance to go deeper into A or to expand from A. A is all you've ever had and it's all you will ever have.

Of course you can hide that stupid little good-for nothing equation by wrapping some more mathematical layers around it, but in the end it all still boils down to A.

And that's what you hate. You hate the fact that there's no deeper meaning and no spirituality in A, A just is. A=A as it always was and as it always will be.

So, while one might think you might hate yourself for failing to get your point across, it's much simpler and also much more complicated: You hate yourself for not being able to break out of the circle you yourself created.

That's how I see it.

:cheers:, MrN

Vinaire

Sponsor
Honestly, I can see only one hater in this thread and this hater is you, Vinnie. Now, before you shut your brains off and go into another tirade, please hear me out, OK?

Haters, no matter who they are and where they come from, have one thing in common: They first and foremost hate themselves.

Now why would you hate yourself? Because you failed. You failed in your logic and you failed to get your point across if there ever was one to begin with.

As I've pointed out in some of your threads, you're using circular logic. One time, after I said that, you pretended to adjust that, but you just made the circle bigger.

Although, technically, there might be nothing wrong with circular logic, it is of no practical use. A = A = A. What a beautiful statement, and full of logic. But it leads nowhere. A is what you've had in the beginning, and A is what you have in the end. There's no chance to go deeper into A or to expand from A. A is all you've ever had and it's all you will ever have.

Of course you can hide that stupid little good-for nothing equation by wrapping some more mathematical layers around it, but in the end it all still boils down to A.

And that's what you hate. You hate the fact that there's no deeper meaning and no spirituality in A, A just is. A=A as it always was and as it always will be.

So, while one might think you might hate yourself for failing to get your point across, it's much simpler and also much more complicated: You hate yourself for not being able to break out of the circle you yourself created.

That's how I see it.

:cheers:, MrN

Aha! Here is a person who can really spot haters.

How long you have been on ESMB?

Just check around your head to see if you have a plastic bag there.