ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

FCDC circa 1970

Discussion in 'North America' started by nozeno, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

I give up. I've googled FCDC and searched this site and cannot find out what the Letters FCDC stands for and what it was. Someone clue me in. Thanks!

2. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

It should be ACDC (just kidding).

3. chipgallo

chipgallo Patron Meritorious

FCDC = "Founding Church DC" because at one time it was believed that it was the first incorporated one. Sometime in the 1980's this was revealed to be incorrect, but the moniker "FCDC" stuck. Or else there was a sneaky legal reason to alter the corporate shore story ...

Often in the phone book you have to look up "Church of Scientology, DC" or some such variation. If they were OT you wouldn't NEED a phone book.

4. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

I did not know that. Thanks for adding to my database of useless knowledge.

5. uncle sam

uncle sam Silver Meritorious Patron

To Nozeno-here's more for your database--

Well- it's a question actually.
    Name the man who turned 60 years old -yesterday- who had been CO-FCDC when you were there?
    This actually a test to see if you are senile or just plain ole mean.

6. nozeno

Sometimes both but the answer is Dave Richards. Jesus H Christ, he's almost as old as you.

7. uncle sam

Again you display...

superior analytical skills. Your intellect is so far greater than most that I"m in awe. It comforts me when I don't know something that I can mail you and you answer with the correct data. It has never failed [folks -I'm serious here- he's a fucking very smart guy]. Thanks for being you!
    And did you send Davey a birthday greetings?

8. nozeno

[​IMG]

9. uncle sam

quiz?

Dave Richards has three [3] wives-name them?
    He also has three [3] daughters-name them?
    The prize is -actually there is no prize-just the cachet of showing off your superior recall.
    He is not a bigamist-as far as I know.

10. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Thank you, Chipgallo! Maybe we should have a glossary with definitions of abbreviations and such for those of us that weren't around during the years we weren't involved with the cult.

11. Dave turned 60! Tell him Happy Birthday from me. In case there are people reading this thread who don't know, Dave was such a wizard he could even make Scientology policy work and do some good (for awhile, anyway.)

The Anabaptist Jacques

12. GoButtonIsBlowButton

GoButtonIsBlowButton Patron with Honors

I wouldn't get too hot or wet about Dave...

Dave is an exceptional person and born leader. It's why he was sacked. I personally love the guy.

THAT BEING SAID, he enforced the policies and made them barely tolerable with his pleasing personality, while encouraging postulate checks, over-regging, ARCx'ing the public with body regging and endless calls to the same people, bad auditors auditing good people, all-nighters in the Academy, Wednesday night promo parties, and all the rest of the horrid dreck. He was and still is a true believer, which indicates his world view.

13. uncle sam

FCDC

Founding Church District Columbia----that's Washington, DC.-the country's capitol. The home of Uncle Sam- where I was born and raised hell.

14. This is true. But the good I was talking about did not come from Scientology; it came from him and others who put their faith and confidence in people and made them achieve things they thought they could not do. That self-confidence is the only good that I got out of the experience. And even though the setting was the humanity meat-grinder of Scientology, Dave, Don cooper, Greg Gloor, and others gave me confidence in myself. I know that one could say thet they screwed up the org, but is that really a bad thing? In my heart of hearts I can't believe Dave s still true a believer.

The Anabaptist Jacques

15. nozeno

You have much good memory for an old fart.

I keed.

16. uncle sam

TO TAJ

Regarding Dave Richards whom is a friend-"the last time I talked to him he tried to tell me where I could get a good deal on the basics and that his wife is taking a course" that was several months ago. it shall be noted that daughter #2 is in the sea org-and that he is in regular communication with her. But he is stalled on the bridge - I forget the reasons why. He is a good guy and I like him very much. Human life on planet earth.

17. nozeno

I like him too but I stand by my original post: At the risk of being called a flip flopper, and to satisfy some of your craving and suggestion, let me tell you about a general recollection I have of Dave Richards after a particularly evil Sea Org Mission descended on good old FCDC.

I know you know and you know I know, you know Dave Richards very well and Dave was a nice mellow fellow from the wilds of Canada, however, after the "Mission" he turned into a screaming, raving lunatic, stat hungry product officer. You could tell it was a role he wasn't comfortable playing...... at first. He got used to it, very, very used to it because he was brainwashed like the rest of us, with the exception of those who were busy running around the country wineing and dining the marks.

18. uncle sam

To Nozeno

Yes - drinking and dining with the marks you say-very true -as much as possible which was every chance I got-it was the only thing that kept me in -well- there were lots and lots of playful wenches everywhere I went so we did indeed have a very good time. I did feel sad and sorry upon the occasional trip back to the org to see how my fellows were surviving.
    Dave Richards is exactly as you described!
    He - I believe would still be of great assistance if a situation arose that his help was asked for. He's a good guy-like some many people who are attracted to the cos-but who are still in-it does not mean that he personally is "evil". WTF-i like him.

19. We all went in with good intentions. We all took part in some dirty deeds. Some of us retained our humanity, some of us lost a bit, some of us lost it all. My point with Dave is that he had more to spare than most of us. Hell, I don't even have a problem with Bobby Wisner, although I know many people do. We all screwed up, and by that, I mean we all lost a bit of ourselves and became someone else. The someone else we became were Scientology product officers, Scientology hard-sell reges, and self-righteous Scientologists. But, in spite of all that, I still look up to Dave because the real Dave was someone who helped me a great deal and was someone to be admired. There were not, and are not, many people like him.

The Anabaptist Jacques

20. uncle sam

Davey is lucky

There is a general consensus that all of us who post on the esmb-like Dave Richards with GoButton actually loving the guy. I have not seen such accolades given to one other person anywhere else on any other thread. Way deep down I think that Dave being the CO made it a bit easier to swallow all the crap that went with being a staff member.It wasn't that he was a saint or the smartest guy or any other such nonsense-he basically was a good guy who happened to be the CO. And "let it be said" that the rest of you posters from "fcdc" - those who I know your real names are "good guys" who I like-also- may the universe forgive us our sins because I do-let us go in peace and have much joy in our lives!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.