ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

FCDC circa 1970

Discussion in 'North America' started by nozeno, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would walk in and say "Excuse me, is there someone here who can help me cash a $10,000 traveler's check?"

The Anabaptist Jacques

2. uncle sam

uncle sam Silver Meritorious Patron

Good one Jacques...

or -ask them if they have anyone with financial planning expertise as you need advice on "how to best allocate your recent inheritance of several hundred thousand dollars". And what is most important to you is that your adviser be a very ethical person.

3. So does anyone up there in the DC area have any news on the org?

The Anabaptist Jacques

4. I was wondering if there are any ex-Sea Org missionaires reading this who came to FCDC in the 1972-1975 period, or even later. I liked most of the Sea Org missionaires who came. It would be nice to know that some of you are now out.

The Anabaptist Jacques

5. uncle sam

Hey Jacques

I can't help you out but I do remember Roger Barnes a SO Tours reg had one of those great British accents and no one could forget Arlene Saritzky another reg from AOLA who ended up marrying Dave Richards [#2 for him].

6. I remember them. Arlene eventually married Don Cooper. They were still married when he died. But she is still in.
    I was thinking more about the missionaires who came on ethics or tech missions rather than event reges.

The Anabaptist Jacques

7. DCAnon

DCAnon Silver Meritorious Patron

Hallo hallo!

I was wondering if maybe some DC ex's or ex's who spent time here could halp us out a bit. We'd like to do a "DC LOVES TO BLOW" raid. Every sign will be a name of someone that our current Scientologists would know saying "____ has blown Scientology." One of the things I've really noticed is how when someone leaves Scientology and pokes around on a board like this, they find all these friends and mentors that have also left and they never even knew it. If we could get names of high ranking Scientologists or well known names (like Jenna or Mike Rinder), and especially friends and family who the DC Scientologists would recognize, we can hopefully help them question and wake up. If they knew their auditors or friends were already gone, they might start looking for why.

So, does anyone know of people that would really make an impact if the DC Scientologists knew had left?

8. The people I know from the early 1970s wouldn't be familiar to people there now. I would suggest signs that put staff member's attention on the things that are really bothering them. Like "Got paid yet?" "Got any staff auditing yet?" or "Got YOUR bridge yet?" "Is your rent paid?" "Do you like living on a couch?" etc.

The Anabaptist Jacques

9. uncle sam

This is my 500th post!

What better place to celebrate than the ole FCDC thread. What's there to celebrate-my "escape" from the clutches of the evil empire!
    I wish to thank all the posters and Emma [of course] for making this a place to renew old friendships [I renewed 3 ], for meeting new and remarkable people [lots and lots], for getting rid of lots of mental garbage [ 17 tons], for learning new things [ at least 73] and to stay connected to a group of people who only want for the best for others and themselves [noble indeed].
    I was only on staff for 5 and 1/2 years-whew- from wog to Class 6 and OT7- was it worth it? Yes and No! Yes-that I met friends then who remain friends Today! Yes that I met my bride and now she's my wife of 28 years! Yes-that I always endeavor to learn from my mistakes and to see the silver lining in the storm clouds!
    No to spending lots of time regging others onto a bridge that where the toll booths extract too high of a price. No to getting what was promised on the grad chart. No to a culture that exists not to benefit mankind but to make all submit to a ruthless and evil will.
    Again-thanks to each and everyone of you for the "good that you do on esmb" by telling your stories so that others may avoid the pain and suffering that you have endured.

10. I second that emotion!

The Anabaptist Jacques

11. uncle sam

To "MYSTIC" the newbie

To "MYSTIC" this thread is you home page---go back through the posts and you'll hear the tales of ages long gone. You will delight reliving the stories of the early 70's with long gone friends. Hey for you other FCDCers the newbie "MYSTIC" is our old very best friend "Gordon.................

12. I remember being woken up by Gordon every morning in 1819 by his shouting for everyone to get up. Then later came the saxaphone as an alarm. He was the only auditor I ever had that knew what he was doing! He was listening to me!
    Welcome Gordon!

The Anabaptist Jacques

13. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

Mr Bell

Did I miss the indication regarding the presence of the Fabulious G. Bell on this board?

I spoke to him by phone about six years ago. He had found a form of meditation that he loved...a gas man.

14. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes you did. He apparently came out of the meditation closet because he heard someone talking about him behind his hard drive. I was frankly surprised that his "hard drive" was still viable.

Oh he's gonna give me some shit for that one. :omg:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=202229&postcount=73

15. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

Mr Bell - I presume

Ok
    The southern Oregon thing did it for me. I think it IS GB.

I remember him speeking of channels as we played frisbee in front of the twin fcdc buildings in the old days.

16. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

bump!

here ya go Sparrow!

17. sparrow

sparrow Patron with Honors

Hey. Hi. Hello.

I worked at the DC org for about 9 months in 97/98. I blew and came back for about two years, 99-01.

I've been protesting this org. for a couple months now and I see that many of the people I know are still there.

The Clapps, Kim Bellotte, Phyllis Aden, Debbie Vincent, David Brummer, the Koplos, Tony Turrisi, Steve Lower (Lowry?), etc. etc.

I was just there yesterday for the global raid and we were wrapping up when I saw David Brummer walking into the org. I yelled his name from the corner just before he was out of sight and he heard me. I walked up to him and said hello.

I had my Vmask on my upper left arm so he didn't immediately recognize me as Anonymous. He was sooo happy to see me and we shook hands but then he noticed the mask. He grabbed my arm and turned it towards him then threw it down in disgust. (Hey that's my arm, dude!)

Then he said "Oh come on" as he slinked back into the org. I didn't have the camera running but many Anonymous saw it go down and were electrified! Even I peed a little.

18. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Wondering...

Hey Sparrow,

You see hide or hair of David Di Palma and Bernadette - or Chazz Oliver? And what ever happened to Traci the good auditor chick? And/or Jude LoBelle Sullivan? :confused2:

I know John Walet is in FL and apparently doing well.

The EP EP

19. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

Sorry Sparrow, I had to steal your quote for my signature. My old sig was getting tired.

"Hey that's my arm, dude!" :omg:

20. sparrow

sparrow Patron with Honors

Hi Particle.

Yes Dave and Bernadette are still there.

Dave won't even make eye contact with me though. I've pleaded with him to just stop and talk with me (while not wearing the mask) but he does an amazing job of completely ignoring me like I don't even exist.

I've only seen Bernadette one time and that was when she came out of the org. to give back up to Vicky Chalfante who was trying to do a hard recovery (lol) on a fairly new public that had the courage to speak with me. But I only saw her for a second.

No sign of Chas Oliver or his wife from 10 years ago, Christi Oliver (I forget her maiden name).

No sign of Traci either thus far. I know who you mean and I can't think of her last name at the moment. She was very cool, and hot!

Not sure if I know Jude. I knew John pretty well though. He's a good guy. We went down to NC one time on an org. mission to try and recover a public guy who owned his own furniture business.

Kim Bellotte took over John's position as the ED of Day at the same time I joined staff. Not quite sure what that was all about.

Very glad to hear he's doing well.

I saw Lee Terbush a few times and I'm sorry to say but he makes me very sad. He was OT3 ten years ago so he may be higher now. But he is as un-OT as they come.

I spoke with him as he was exiting the org. one time and he was so out of PT and dispersed it wasn't funny. I haven't seen his son John yet. He used to be the Legal Off. and was married to a beautiful girl Catherine who is still around.

Hey that's my quote dude! :happydance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.