ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Flagdown 2014: media coverage, etc

Discussion in 'Conferences, Speeches, Radio Shows, and Live Publi' started by sallydannce, May 5, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

2. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

TG1...
    Not sure if it's because I stayed in for 30 Y E A R S... Me being declared PTS due to Epilepsy (Later the Exec's said that was wrong)..
    fighting C of $ over medicine for 30 years....
    OR if it's because I was on OT 7 for 7 years....and watched my husband get TOTALLY F**d up after
    OT 8, (as well as many other "OT's).....OR that I was in $cientology's Top Sekret OSA Int Internet mafia----etc. etc. But for me,
    I was oooooooooooooooooo ready. I was really done when ordered off of my medication
    while still "in" the Sea Org in 1972. I know...hard to believe---but that was THE beginning of me noticing
    ***Something*** is very wrong. (Having Grand Mal Seizures and being made wrong for it, does sort of put
    a nasty twist into the game. Amazing I stayed as long as I did, but I truly fell for Hubbard telling me I needed to handle
    *that* before I could return to the Sea Org)

So by the time I actually began to wake UP and go :wtf:? After all I'd been through
    with this group, based on Hubbard.....well....it was a short dance over to what a liar Hubbard was.
    I'd lived w/in his tortures for 30 years.

Cringe? That began in 1972.

By the time I left.....it had been like trying to swim UP Stream at Niagara Falls
    and finally turning around
    and sliding right down. :omg: :woohoo:
    I originally left due to David Miscavige---but I'd witnessed TONS of shit Hubbard had done over the years. :yes:
    I'm still learning about him, to this day. I *loved* hearing Jamie talk this time more than any other time.
    To ALL who stand up against this insidious, phony, fraudulent BUSINESS pretending to be a "church" I thank you!
    Love To you ALL: :bighug:

Tory/Magoo

3. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

i am just so happy my daughter is in love with jamie de wolf and not l. ron hubbard.
    she says her dad still sucks their dick when they call him.
    and what is really devastating, is i am starting to see from some of the letters he wrote me back in the day, that he KNEW it was a con, and didn't care.

at least i was just ignorant, not evil;)

4. Cat Daddy

Cat Daddy Silver Meritorious Patron

Wow, so he was/is a little Grant Cardone. And thank you for the unexpected sharing.

And here is some Jamie for ya

[video=youtube;ZuRGGv9XbDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuRGGv9XbDE[/video]

5. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

Long but great movie about Bruno - contains adult content.
    [video=youtube;Kk0ezNbiJvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0ezNbiJvc[/video]

Red Valiant likes this.
  6. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

So what is happening with Xander and the injunction? I've been trying to follow it on the wwp thread, but I don't really understand what is happening.

7. aegerprimo

aegerprimo Summa Cum Laude

8. chipgallo

chipgallo Patron Meritorious

Off mike audio is nearly impossible to repair afterwards, especially from a reverberant room. Easiest thing is to get it captioned. Captions would be good on all the videos. Makes them easier to search and index.

9. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Nothing. The injunction was not legally binding. No legal motions have been filed in the Pinellas Court by Scientology with regard to Xander & the injunction, either. The cultbots thought they could intimidate Xander with a smokescreen.

10. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

They did get a lot of encouragement though! It's a hundred dollar prank, huh?

11. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Well, that's a relief. He was talking about some deposition on Saturday and I was like, "Wait, what?"

12. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

13. A smokescreen is exactly what it was, as well as an obvious ploy considering how well it worked to intimidate some others in the past. Xander's bring it on, I dare you, calling of their bluff was refreshingly well played. One day he may get his chance to face off against the likes of Moxon, Yingling or Pope in front of a Judge, but I doubt seriously it will be over this ancient, impotent injunction.

14. Darth Xander

Darth Xander Patron

Well, to be sure, they could be drafting the motion to have me added to the injunction right now. At this point we just have to wait and see. I really don't think they'll try, though, because filing such a motion would give me the chance to ask a court to dissolve the the injunction as being well past its prime. I think they probably prefer to keep what they got rather than chance extending it to a nuisance like me. But who knows how they think about such things? If they file anything, I'll definitely let everyone know about it.

15. We're definitely on the same page, brother. Thanks for your efforts.

16. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Yes, on the theme of them already being known and held to be a vexatious litigant . . . this stunt by them could well be the action that undoes their nonsense and blows them out of the water in terms of their ability to misuse the judicial system to the detriment of the rights of others.

R

17. Gib

Gib Crusader

I rewatched this hour long talk by Jamie DeWolf. His grandfather was Nibs.

I'm really impressed with Jamie, he knows his shit about dianetics/scientology and explains it well.

Tony Ortega did a post about it here: http://tonyortega.org/2014/05/10/ja...st-memoir-of-the-son-of-scientologys-founder/

Interesting is the book written by Nibs called "The Story of me, by me".

Interesting is this excerpt of what Nibs said:

Jamie says what Nibs wrote about some time into it. He describes the agreement as once you start nodding your head yes with what Hubbard is saying, you are being hypnotized. Hubbard reworded this to "what is true for you, is true for you", this is very subtle, could be said in terms of what is true for you is what, I Hubbard, am getting you to agree to. IF there are more agreements than disagreements, why Hubbard has you hooked. IF you have more disagreements than agreements, you are an SP, a critic, a criminal, no case gain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUYESI3v3c

http://hypnosistrainingacademy.com/4-covert-agreement-tactics-to-set-a-yes-mood-in-hypnosis/

For all you members, is not something called an "agreements check" to be run on staff members on the e-meter?

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  18. Red Valiant

Red Valiant Patron with Honors

I was the opening act for Jamie. Since ESMB is going to archive only, here's the official videos for [all] the speakers at Flagdown …

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2_H8y-Z2tiVvf9w32YRtRw

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  19. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

If I remember correctly, there were some technical issues badly affecting the quality of some of the recordings.

Did that ever get cleaned up?