ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

For Discussion

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Zinjifar, Jan 28, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Here is a small part of the 'mission statement' of the Religious Technology Center. I'd be interested in general comment.

The powerful technologies of Dianetics and Scientology provide nothing less than the means to attain true spiritual freedom and immortality for everyone who begins the journey toward that goal. Technology like this never existed before, and millions around the world personally regard it as valuable beyond comparison. They know that when this technology is applied precisely as written by L. Ron Hubbard — and with their honest and ethical participation — they will achieve the spiritual benefit they seek through Scientology one hundred percent of the time.

Is this new? Accurate? Absurd?

Zinj

2. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Zinj,

In general, that is not new. That type of statement has been said in so many ways in the CofS for many years now.

I thought that you already knew this since you are a long time poster to ARS.

3. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

I know the answers, but, I think it's useful to offer them for comment :)

For me?

Scientology lies. By its very nature. There are no new lies here. They're the *old* lies :)

Zinj

4. programmer_guy

Hubbard once said that one wouldn't find Scientology anywhere on the "whole track".

I agree with that. :)

5. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Hmpf. What crap. Whoever wrote that was delusional. Everyone that begins the journey? I guess TR-0 is the means to attain true spiritual freedom and immortality. :confused2: After 30 years in, I guess I never began my journey since I didn't get the means in all that time. You'd think they could craft better hype than that!

6. PirateAndBum

Oh and just so you know, the reason all you dissatisfied ex's out there aren't singing the praises of your experience with the Cof$ is completely explained in that last little bit:

Ya bunch of dishonest out-ethics yahoos. We got ya covered!

uh huh, oh yes. Now you know!

I feel so enlightened now. Thanks Zinj, I think I'll go back and give it another 30 years :D

Oh and where is the "mission" statement - LOL I don't see any mission put forth. Oh, just a small part, they probably left out the part about world domination...

7. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

I and a couple of others know that is not true. Of course there was scientological research on the whole track, yessiree. This is not new, not even the best of what existed before. Yes, I do believe LRH did originate some new tech, but then, so did John Galusha, and some other wholetrack buddies of LRH.

LRH also announced to the BC students that this is what they had been coming down the wholetrack for. Right, he pulled in the team from the last failed project(s).

8. programmer_guy

Colleen,

It's been so many years that I don't remember if I read that statement in an HCOB or heard it on a tape... BUT Hubbard did say that.

9. PirateAndBum

Yes, he definately said so on a BC lecture. Might have been the "Free Being". I think he said it more than once in fact.

10. Colleen K. Peltomaa

I am either blessed (or cursed) with some damned good recall. If you come in my space I will start seeing your pictures too, ouch!

11. nw2394

nw2394 Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes, I am sure he did say that. He was just wrong, thats all. Or chose to conveniently forget and, in so doing, make certain whole track recalls too incredible to voice in session.

Nick

12. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Right, I recall a woman getting some auditing and she remembered a past life where Ron as more like an SP. The Church did not treat her very well. When I started recalling prior scientological set-ups, I knew this was not going to go over with the CofS. It would have been like the time I tried to tell my Christian minister that I just saw a past life.

13. Howard

Howard Patron

Trigger words: powerful - true - spiritual - freedom - immortality - valuable

Weasel words: personally - precisely - honest - ethical

Back then, he might have made a fair to middling advertising
    copy writer for one of the Madison Avenue agencies, but he was
    never a team player and like his later science fiction efforts,
    would have been incapable of moving with the changing zeitgeist.

My assumption is that the doc from which you quote is cobbled
    together CoS promotional boiler plate. So my vote is for
    marketing flim-flam.

Howard

14. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

15. Howard

Howard Patron

Hi Paul

So it is. However, leaving to one side the question of
    whether the text is canonical LRH, which I doubt - it's
    not in quotes or signed, nor can I grep and find core
    phrases in my (incomplete) archives.

So I judge that this is non LRH marketing fluff. Hopefully
    this has clarified what I mean.

Howard

16. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

It may well be non-LRH marketing fluff, but it doesn't seem out of pace with all the other marketing fluff for the past twenty or thirty years.

Paul