ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

For the Rathbun "Believers"

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by Mick Wenlock, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Consider it done.

2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

It's not too late for that! :D

3. Yeah it is too late. Going "OT" woke me up. The way I see it, Hubbard created the OT levels out of a subconsciously deep seeded guilt. It was his way of saying ... "wake the fuck up people, it's nothing but bullshit !!! you have been conned !!!". However I was fortunate enough to read it in Time Magazine and didn't have to get screw out of a couple hundred grand to get the message.

4. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

Seriously Alanzo - you really think Marty is a true believer? Sometimes I have trouble seeing through your ironic phrasing...

Marty (and others) claim that they truly do believe in the purity of hubbards "tech" and that they are, really, in it all for the Freedom for All Mankind?

If that is the case - has anyone actually asked them if they really really believed in it all - WHY DID THEY STAND BY AND WATCH ALL THIS CRAP HAPPENING?

After all, if they truly believed in it all they must have honestly believed that a) they are immortal beings who could not be truly hurt by standing up for the truth and what was right and b) that by doing nothing while Miscavige did all the things they are now criticizing him that they were condemning mankind to an eternity of pain and suffering.

And now they bitch about DM?

By their own standards they stand exposed.

5. Alanzo knows it's all about bringing Freedom and Happiness to all of mankind

[​IMG]

6. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Having been in the S.O. and experiencing "close encounters of the 1st kind" with Captain Bill Robertson (named Deputy Commodore by Ron himself) I will say this....

When a Scn Devotee is "on purpose" they don't always easily reveal what they REALLY think. It is part of the chronic shore story that skillfully is used to reduce friction in everyday dealings.

It is not until they have taken reins of power and feel somewhat insulated from challenges/attacks that they are comfortable enough to proportionately REVEAL their true agenda. (see later Biblical chapters in the Book of Bill)

DM, for example, has built himself a kevlar cocoon where physically beating the elite S.O. members at Int doesn't seem (to him) to pose any kind of risk. It is that blind arrogance and sense of insulation that fells criminal chieftains like the the mafia's "Teflon Don" John Gotti. They cannot imagine mere mortals posing any liability to their powers.

So, what does Marty R have as an agenda? Pretty safe bet that he wants to "Clear The Planet" still and has no slightest compunction about doing the "Greatest Good for Greatest Number of Dynamics".

Soul-savers like Ron, Captain Bill and COB all manage their own affairs and YOUR affairs the same way. It is a war for them. You are on their battlefield. Rules of war apply. Deserters are sometimes hanged or shot in the back as they try to escape. Battlefield "casualties" are thrown into the Scientology Triage Triangle.....

If you are deemed a salvageable soul you get immediate medical aid. ("rehabilitated", briefed and regged and put back at the front line so that you may, likewise, brief and reg others).

If your "vital signs" are okay and you are deemed an active, profitable, soul saver you are left alone.

If you are deemed to be a terminally injured soul (Squirrel, DB, SP, etc) you are left to die. But, in keeping with a divinely compassionate religion, you are provided no-cost "assistance" to help expedite your blessed martyrdom. (see euthanasiaTech aka Fair Game)

Personally, I wouldn't want to be on the battlefield to receive Martyrdom Rathburn's assistance.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  7. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I mean't that it is not too late to beat you over the head with a Dianetics book! :D

8. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

I view as suspect ANY fanatic - meaning anyone who still adheres tightly and strongly to the views expressed in KSW and related issues.

ANY person believing themselves to be "saving the world" is a potential threat to the rest of humanity. Why? Because these type of TRUE BELIEVERS are elitists who believe themselves to be superior to others due to his or her "better" understanding, "higher knowledge of truth", "firmer grasp on the REAL problems of Man and the world", and "lofty goals". Tom Cruise betrayed his own fantical elitist attitude when he went on and on about psychiatry with Matt Lauer a few years back (according to Tom, "I KNOW about it - YOU don't". "YOU are glib".). Cruise's attitude of self-importance and exaggerated self-knowledge is typical of almost ALL Church Scientologists, becase that attitude is carefully indoctrinated into each of them through KSW and similar policies. KSW instills a brutal fanaticism that is not open to any qualifications or questioning. It is absolute in its severity. It is entirely ALL or NONE. Personally, I am not at all interested in some new version of THAT!

So, if Marty wants to continue to "bring Scientology to the people's of Earth", with the same "live or die in the attempt" firm dedication and ruthless purpose as previous versions of LRH's Scientology, then count me out!

I would be only okay with a version of Scientology that was VERY low-key and VERY laid back. No heavy regging, no stats, no Thursday at 2, no brutal secret intelligence agency, no KSW, no "we have the ONLY answers", no "we are making a new and better planet", no deception, no continual boring events that are "always bigger and better than the last", no SPs, no enemies, no declares, no endless PR, no INT management, and so forth.

No endless phone calls and late-night Wednesday visits by regges and recruiters!

Basically, if you want to come in and do a course. Fine. If not, that is also equally fine.

No IAS, no super power project, no "pictures of LRH everywhere", no endless PR about how LRH was the greatest everything (writer, photographer, artist, musician, humanitarian, etc), no endless briefings and indoctrination. No more body routers and reg police at events. No more winning by overwhelm.

If you want to get some auditing, fine, then come in and get some. If not, okay. No biggie. Live and let live.

No more attitude that Scientology is Man's only and last chance for all eternity (basis of HARD SELL), and all the intensity THAT viewpoint adds to the mix. No more animosity and attacks against all views counter to some Church party-line. A Church that allows, tolerates, and GASP, even encourages dissent! What an idea; real and honest FREE SPEECH!

The problem with Scientology is that it operates as a MOVEMENT. A very close-minded and restrictive movement. It needs to get off of its high-horse, begin to take itself FAR less seriously, and knock off the "we are changing the world" bullshit. The view that "anyone critical of us, or against our lofty goals and wondrous aims MUST be EVIL" has got to GO! No more noisy investigations, no more setting up "enemies" in phony crimes, no more "TR LYING", no more overwhelming lawsuits whose entire aim is solely to STOP critics, no more Cease and Desist notices, no more Moxon & Kobrin, no more Ava Paquette, no more "legal department" of ANY sort, and no more "endless spinning of facts to suit the group's purposes" - and SHUT UP Tommy Davis!

If Marty does anything other than that, and has any intention at all to keep the "movement" aspect of Scn going, then I wish him the same slow painful ending as DM. (of course, after he does all he can to bring DM down - and as much of the Church with him as possible) But, I am not holding my breath.

I am not interested in any version of Scientology that organizes more than a few people together at one time! It is the "organizational" aspect that has always been the MAJOR problem. Without the tight central control enacted through a carefully constructed bureaucracy (based and created on extensive LRH policy), so many of the abuses could simply not exist.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to get together with friends at some local "org" or "mission", talk some aspect of LRH theory, study a bit, do TRs for a bit, however and whenever one likes, maybe listen to a tape, but WITHOUT all of the pressure, PR, endless indoctrination, "urgent Hill 10s that needed to be handled YESTERDAY", and arrogant pretentous SO members walking around in dark uniforms? Without what to me is the most unsavory and unenjoyable aspect of all Scientology? That is, without the constant, manufactured, trumped-up sense of URGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  9. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

:thewinner:

Gadfly.

Well said.

10. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

:cheers: :cheers2: I don't think Marty's that saturated with it...unless it becomes a valence-EGO thing. Like some people used to inflate after they worked with LRH personally.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

The following is from the comments on Marty's latest post. I'm copying in the comment from Mark Baker, as although we don't always see eye to eye, on this subject he hits the nail on the head. (And also the comment could quite likely be deleted soon.):D

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/flag-squirrel-organization/#comments

Response:

12. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Well, I guess Mark got told :)

Zinj

PS; StarsAwait has the *best* answer to Mark B One we know well from here :)

I always knew there was summat funny bout that guy... :)

Zinj

13. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

That's one post I like from Mark.:thumbsup:

Marty just can't take responsibility for his actions can he.

14. HelluvaHoax!

Wow, dueling Freezoners! Coolest com cycle I have ever seen! A classic!

FREEZONER #1: "Me??? Look at YOU!"

FREEZONER #2: "No! YOU look at YOU!"

FREEZONER#1: "No! YOU look at YOUR crimes!"

FREEZONER #2: "No! YOU need to look at YOUR crimes!"

FREEZONER #1: "No! YOU are using Black Dianetics! YOU need to take responsibility for being a squirrel!"

FREEZONER #2: "No! YOU are evil! YOU need to take responsibility for being an SP!"

RON HUBBARD: (by theta com from his deep space research office) "YOU both are DBs and are not doing it right! YOU both need to pay for and retrain on How to Standardly Cave In Your Enemy Using Hubbard Attack-Introversion Tech!!!"

FREEZONER #1 and FREEZONER #2: (in unison, saluting) "YES SIR!!!"

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

16. HelluvaHoax!

Yeah, the pathos is surfacing nicely now that Rathbun is feeling more comfortable preaching the gospel to his newly forming congregation.

He is starting to strut and stomp a little bit now up there on the pulpit. The compassionate light of the Lord is coming thru his dedicated eyes for all mankind to share and rejoice in.

Soon he will be speaking in tongues and faith healing people....errr, I mean giving auditing commands and postulate healing people.

17. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

18. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

19. dontscamme

dontscamme Patron Meritorious

One man's postulate is another man's wishful thinking.

LRH loved to assume things without proof, and of course he wanted his followers to believe his writings had even more precision and validity than any form of mathematics or logic.

Referencing the origin of the word below, the idea of demanding things from others no doubt appealed to him as well.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/postulate?db=dictionary

20. Blue Spirit

Blue Spirit Silver Meritorious Patron

YES, YES, YES

Well, that is one HELL OF A GOOD POST. :thumbsup:

I agree with every word ! :clap:

I'm printing it for future use.

(Wish I'd written it myself !)