ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

For the Rathbun "Believers"

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by Mick Wenlock, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

You have a gift.

2. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

:) ^^^that^^

:booze: To Fluff: For courage under fire
    Who valiantly returns again and again into the lion's den to be roared and clawed at (and sometimes has bits eaten off and spat out) to defend what she believes is right.

3. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Hi Carmel,
    Speaking as one of the majority here that love you, :)

If I recall correctly it took you, and per many others stories quite
    some time to come to terms with all this. Being a fast learner I did most of it in two years. Currently working on my masters. :)

Marty has done conditions etc with one who as cramming officer was famous for tearing up DM crams and doing it his way.

One don't have to.

He's so far blown off several lids re COS, RTC and Shorty. This is FAR more important than his following which per posts seems minimal .

However, those who lurk there may be far more in number, Ms penguin seems to validate that.

Save his ass? All he has to do is keep quite instead of inviting Shorty to sue!

Meanwhile he has Xenu and his lawyers on his ass, and surely you understand he has to play his cards close to his chest?

Then how to rescue those in COS?

Simple. Call Hubbard an asshole. :)

4. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Gee; imagine the co-conspirators in the 'Great Train Robbery' *suing* each other for not dividing up the loot fairly :)

That's rich Terrill; 'Shorty' (is that the best Marty can come up with?) is *not* going to 'sue' Marty. Or even lean on him. Because, Marty's not going to 'sue' him either. He's not even going say anything that might make Davey nervous.

Zinj

5. It's absolutely adorable who he has you kids calling Miscavige Xenu now, does he also have his followers taking 12 hour shifts with a telescope looking for L. Ron Hubbard's space ship yet, like Bill Robertson did?

6. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I understand that you are intelligent and not a " hater".

How about saying publically DM committed crimes. [ beatings]?

????

7. Zinjifar

I have no doubt that David Miscavige has committed crimes. Including beating people and ordering people beaten.

I strongly suspect that he's ordered people not only beaten but *murdered*. Marty would know more about that, but, he's not going to talk.

Zinj

8. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

You are an idiot with strong troll tendancies.

Can't catch the irony and metaphors.

Not been looking for spaceships.

You seem expert here. Tell us mo0re re spaceships.

9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Oh well,
    Just posted this on an FZ forum.

-------------
    IMO the downfall of COS, and extremely negative view of scientology by the world in general is primarily due to its history of injustice. Just for starters , every disconnection is an extreme violation of justice. Then the executives have a record of frequently, and probably usually interfering with the judicial, who frequently are expected to do their work after midnight, when they are tired and just want to go home. Command intention has traditionally ruled out any attempts at justice.

There are many nice statements in green on white on the subject, but this has not prevented fatal flaws in the scn justice system.

"(11) The only overt in handling justice is not to work for the greatest good of the greatest number. "

This is again IMO a flawed statement, specially when put in the context of other issues.

Disconnections, declares, other weird justice actions may apparently be for the greatest good, but in the longer term alienate the public. Every disconnection, injustice. probably results in dozens of people who will never look at the subject of scientology ever.

I'd say the only overt re justice is to get matters wrong.

From HCOPL 24 feb 1972 INJUSTICE

" The cycle is, goofs are made. The real why is not located or handled, and

when this happens angry executives, who have to pick up the ball start shooting."

That this can happen is a string to pull re the failures of the scn justice system.

From the same PL:-

" Any staff member who does not know ethics policy is a clay pidgeon."

In the " wog" world we get to choose our own lawyer.

" But it sometimes happens that injustices occur......"

" Usually this occurs because because the staff member is pitifully ignorant of his rights."

One might say by joining staff, one then becomes a victim.

"Psychiatry .........uses the "justice" procedures developed in the days of witch burning, unknown accusers, opinions only, punished before being tried, etc."

" Lord forbid we ever fall into such barbarism ourselves."

You become that which you resist?

> "JUSTICE- The only thing which can actually remedy a general insecure
    > feeling is a renewed faith in justice.

Here are a couple of webpages discussing these issues which do

a far better job than I of looking at this area.

http://www.freezoneearth.org/HolyCows/cows/06justice.htm

http://www.freezoneearth.org/HolyCows/cows/06justice.htm

bb

10. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Freezoners parroting Marty Rathbun's wordings and phrasings. I guess he's the new "winning valence" for them, after L. Ron of course.

11. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

He already has to the media?

What you up to?

12. Zinjifar

Marty has accused Attila the Hun of cheating at Tiddleywinks.

Zinj

13. Why the hostilities? Are you going to pretend that you are not aware that Bill Robertson "the founder of the freezoner" along with other freezoners set up shifts to look for the return of L. Ron Hubbard in a space ship? It's not surprising Marty would pick gullible freezoners to prey upon. Turning Miscavige into Xenu 2.0 only makes perfect sense for this reality show train wreck.

14. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Mick,

is the word ‘redemption’ in your lexicon?

Axiom142

15. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Yes he does, when DM gets a chance to read his posts like this he'll probably send out a recruit mission for his next speech writer. :D

16. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Cum on!

Beating people is tiddlywinks?

Whats up?

17. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

The best of times, the worst of times...

I have read this thread and like Carmel's post the best! :clap: :thumbsup:

This is true. :whistling:

EP

18. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

This is better. Not looked for spaceships myself. They havn't
    looked for me.

Marty is not looking for Freezoners.

19. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

You are such a lambie pie!!

It's healthy for us to disagree. I would get so bored if I only was around people who liked exactly the same things I liked in the same ways for the same reasons. I'd never get to hear about new books, new ologies, or new isms or new movies or new fashions, even. And I'd still be in the cult, too.

I drive John to distraction too- and he's married to me...heh.

I can certainly try to comm with Marty but it's doubtful that he'll listen to me. Maybe my cockeyed optimism has weighed in my defense of him. I was thrilled that he left and thrilled that he did go to the press.

Some other pals of mine in the critic's scene are concerned that he wants to maybe take over a new revamped CofS with himself at the helm or pretty close to it. As you know, I am NOT chuffed with the idea of a new CofS. I forsee waaaay too many problems with that scenario. I thought he was just doing his own thing, "tech"wise and I'm all for that. But maybe they're right. And if they are- then I go on record here and now saying, don't do it. CofS needs to GO. I really think that. I didn't used to think that several years ago but I do now.

I know that very few people here - maybe none- have done anywhere near as much to people as Messrs Rathbun and Rinder when they were in the cult. But I do know that some of us have things we did that we feel bad about, even so.

A concern I have is-- can we make it "safe" (kinda using the Scnese form of the word here. My apologies.) for ex sr CofS management to come out of the cult and into the ex member/critic scene? I mean, if we're too rough on them, then that's not going to make them any more willing to help our cause(s). I know that evil should not be condoned, either. But sometimes compromises are struck. As I said on the war crimes thread- what if it's like letting Linda Kasabian (the Mansonite who was there at the Tate murder scene and drove the car) go free in exchange for her testimony because she helped put those horrible people away in prison?

Obviously DM could NEVER be forgiven...not unless he donned a hair shirt and made personal and financial reparation to everyone, and he couldn't, anyway, even if he wanted to- which he wouldn't want to. But what about other higher ups who were pretty dreadful? Does or should anyone get a Kasabian type deal? Or am I barkin' up the wrong tree here?

20. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Are you saying that ESMB is a bunch of big kittehs? I shoulda brought my kitteh treats!! (blushing)