ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

For the record.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by alex, Jan 24, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Nah. Everybody needs a break once in a while, but, go away? Nah :)

Too many people would miss you, and, you'll find yourself being magically drawn back to the keyboard anyway :)

First only to look; but then, itching to throw in your 2 cents worth, even if you know it's not gonna change *anybody's* mind.

I won't say good bye, cuz, you'll be back

Zinj

2. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

LH - don't even think of leaving! :omg:

Take a break, sure, as Zinji suggested.

You are an important contributor.
    The posters I value most highly are not those I agree most with.

Please reconsider. :)

3. Pierrot

Pierrot Patron with Honors

Just to let you know that despite the apparent differences, our paths are different, I always enjoyed reading your posts. They come to me like a breath of fresh air. And this is what I like in here - different points of view, it would be funny being outside of the church to wish to have a monolithic kind of thinking anyway.

So keep on posting whenever you feel like it.

As to this thread, well, alex started it. However - I do read on the entrance door of ESMB "This message board is for ex Scientologists to freely discuss mutual experiences in Scientology. " etc. While it might be sometimes fun, it's not written "to freely discuss about ESMB members" ...

4. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Alex/Scientology Inc. doesn't "do" straightforward replies.

He/Scientology Inc. does "handlings."

5. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Uh...isn't that what GO\OSA ops would WANT you to do?

Quit the drama queen Q and A bullshit. Stay on message and fire up the effects. Ignore the yapping cur dogs and put out the fire.

Or don't. But don't fade on some PTS flow...that's not your style...

6. Veda

Veda Sponsor

The core trait of Scientology is its deviousness.

And its a deviousness that works relentlessly through attrition.

It has no scruples.

It even uses "ARC" to "handle."

Creepy, and it can be demoralizing to watch.

But the ones who find it demoralizing and distasteful are the ones who haven't been corrupted on the inside.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  7. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Moi PTS? I don't think so!

What GO/OSA want is for us to waste our time and energy squabbling with each other, to shift focus from them and their devious ways.

What I am saying is that I'm not going to waste my time arguing with those who should be friends about those who aren't. :)

I am beavering away at projects to get more news exposure stories into as wide a public domain as possible. Much better use of time than arguing about scientologist's motives on ESMB.

Scientology's nasty games stop here, this year!

If "Alex" is running an op with the "nice" reply to me, he/she has failed. If Alex is genuine but unwittingly carrying out Hubbard's implanted hostility he/she has failed.

Scientologists on ESMB have simply made me more determined to expose their cult's dirty deeds! :thumbsup:

Veda calls it as it is and the last two posts have been right on the spot.

I'm not interested in playing word games any more with scientology's apologists.

This is the time to be much more effective than that.

I may pop back but I don't think I'll post much, unless Veda and Zinj miss a scientology trick that posters use to distract and confuse their critics! But I don't suppose they'll miss much. :D

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Lionheart,

How to deal with the manipulators, and with the manipulated, can be a difficult call.

Probably, though, the majority of posts on ESMB are people telling their stories, important details being revealed, people being comforted by having others, who care and understand, listen and provide encouragement.

And then there's the vast amount of information available in ESMB, in posts and in links. Really helpful information.

And you've provided much helpful information, wisdom, and compassion.

I think if you stand back and look at it, most of your posts have not been futile arguments with a few "unreachables," but important productive exchanges with the many who need your wisdom, information, and insights, and do listen and appreciate.

9. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

:nono: :bigcry:
    Please don't go.

Sure, forget about answering Alex and Vinaire and such, but please keep posting your wonderful wisdom. That is what is needed, I know I did! Maybe there could be a thread on "letting go'??

I understand about concentrating on the positive affirmative actions, and if that takes a lot more time, that's cool. But please don't stop posting your wise words as well. There is a vast ripple effect, many people I know who have read your words have been helped. That is still so needed.....

10. lionheart

Thanks Veda, I've thought this through a little more and I am basically retiring from posting regularly on ESMB. Frankly I'm a little tired of wasting time arguing with those who should be friends about those who aren't!

I'm somewhat disappointed at the inability of some ex-scns to see through scientology dirty tricks and GO/OSA type ops. Maybe that just shows the depth of indoctrination. :confused2:

Even if Scns aren't directly working for OSA, they are in effect doing so when they forward specious CofS lies disguised as PR.

I've known these arrogant bozo's since 1967 and was one of them for ten years. Maybe it is the length of time that I've been out that makes it easier for me to see through their dirty games. I don't really know.

I particularly admire Veda's and Zinj's persistance and lack of deviation from the essence of CofS criticism.

It is ironic but maybe not coincidental, at this time when the CofS is most on the defensive in all the 30+ years I've known them, that I seem to see more CofS dirty tricks, or maybe my cult-dar is on full alert!

These are exciting times and I'm spending more of it outside of ESMB, publicising CofS abuses. Doing my bit! :thumbsup:

Maybe at some point in the future I can contribute again on here with positive messages for hurting ex-Scns. But right now I see no benefit in endlessly debating CofS motives and ops, when we all basically know what their motives and tricks are anyway.

So this is au revoir! All power to Emma for this wonderful resource and to those working to put the dying cult out of its misery.

11. lionheart

Shine on you crazy diamond! :D

Let's spring some thousands from the Hubbard trap and maybe then there will be time for positive help for those who want it!

You know you can PM me whenever you want. :thumbsup:

12. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

not important

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  13. Free to shine

:thewinner: ...the one with compassion and humanity.

14. Free to shine

Ok. :bigcry: :sadwave:
    Crazy diamond is a lovely compliment. :D

15. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Lionheart - don't be a stranger. Drop by from time to time.
    And stay local! :thumbsup:

16. duddins

duddins Patron Meritorious

LH.....breaks are good. I took one too. Before leaving I dumped a few members onto my ignore list. I found it really helped. You are a sincere contributor to this board.......your imput has been apprecaited. What is obvious is seen by many.

Dont go too far away,,,,,check in on us from time to time.

17. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

See yer around, Lionheart. :)

Paul

18. beyond_horizons

beyond_horizons Patron Meritorious

Enjoyed your posts immensly LH.

See Ya out and about in the "Multiverse". Tis way kewler 'to be' free of the bonds!

High Flight by John Gillespie

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
    Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
    of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
    You have not dreamed of

Wheeled and soared and swung
    High in the sunlit silence. Hov’ring there,
    I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
    My eager craft through footless halls of air....

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
    I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark nor even eagle flew—
    And, while with silent lifting mind I’ve trod
    The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

19. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Paul has confirmed what I suspected, that SH kept relatively good stats because they could reg in Europe. Also recruit staff BTW.

I've been an occassional visitor since the mid sixties, and in latter years often drove past the car park as I had friends locally, and even visited just over a year ago when Paul had that picture taken.

I've assumed that SH has had the best stats of all AOs relatively speaking
    because the car park is about three quarters full nowdays. Thats about double or triple what I remember from late sixties early seventies. But then car
    ownership is far higher nowdays. Per reports from elsewhere in the world
    even Flag and LA have relatively empty courserooms etc and LA empty parking lots, and other orgs the same or worse.

How many public are on lines on average there per day in recent times?

20. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess.
    The only area I've seen consistently busy was Ethics. :eyeroll: :yes: