What's new

Friday, 1/6 @ 10pm ET: Leah Remini on 2020 to discuss Scientology. Indies mentioned.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Friday, 1/6 @ 10pm ET: Leah Remini on 2020 to discuss Scientology. Indies mentioned.

r5J3l7N.jpg

CommunicatorIC

Re: Friday, 1/6 @ 10pm ET: Leah Remini on 2020 to discuss Scientology. Indies mention

Apparent subject of tonight's ABC 2020 show - Scientology’s disgusting secret: Young teens used to interrogate adults about their sex lives

Tony Ortega: Scientology’s disgusting secret: Young teens used to interrogate adults about their sex lives

http://tonyortega.org/2017/01/06/sc...-to-interrogate-adults-about-their-sex-lives/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Serge Gil first reached out to us more than a year ago. It’s taken a lot of time for his story to get to a large audience, but tonight he’s going to be featured on an episode of ABC’s 20/20 that we were also interviewed for.

Gil’s story is wide ranging and very troubling, and we don’t know how deeply 20/20 is going to get into it. But we wanted to provide some basic background on what he went through in order to supplement ABC’s show. And we’ve had help by talking to Claire Headley, Aaron Smith-Levin, Mike Rinder, and Jefferson Hawkins.

We’ll start by pointing out that Serge Gil is an angry man. He’s now 38, but he says that how he was treated when he was a young teen at Scientology’s “Flag Land Base” in Clearwater, Florida has permanently scarred him, and he is looking for payback.

“The world needs to hear what I went through, Tony,” he told us last week in our latest conversation, sounding agitated. Earlier, he had said, “I’m going to be an ambassador for all the children who were being abused.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Re: Friday, 1/6 @ 10pm ET: Leah Remini on 2020 to discuss Scientology. Indies mention

Office ABC 2020 Press Release

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/p...-guns-airs-on-abc-news-2020-friday-january-6/

Friday, January 6
Posted 1/5/2017

‘20/20’ REPORTS ON EX-MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY: THOSE WHO ARE CRUSADING AGAINST IT AND OTHERS WHO STILL PRACTICE OUTSIDE THE CHURCH

Actress Leah Remini Sits Down With Anchor Dan Harris to Discuss Her Fight Against the Church

‘Scientology: A War Without Guns’ Airs Friday, January 6, on ABC

“20/20” reports on former members of the Church of Scientology, including those who are crusading against it and others who still practice outside the Church. In a new interview, ABC News’ Dan Harris sits down with actress Leah Remini, who describes her fight against the Church, including her goal to have the organization lose its tax exempt status as a religion. The Church claims that the movement against it is a conspiracy led by a handful of people who spread lies for fame and money.

“Scientology: A War Without Guns” airs on”20/20” Friday, January 6 (10:01–11:00 p.m. EST) on ABC.

“20/20” is anchored by Elizabeth Vargas and David Muir. David Sloan is senior executive producer.

ABC News Media Relations
Van Scott
(212) 456-7243
[email protected]

Elizabeth Hecht
(212) 456-6872
[email protected]

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ABC2020
Twitter: @ABC2020
Hashtag: #ABC2020

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

HURRICANE LEAH~! LEVEL 5:dance3::dance3::thankyou::cheerleader::cheerleader::dancer::dancer::dancer::buzzin::buzzin::buzzin::hifive::hifive::hifive::party::party::party::party::giggle::giggle::giggle::buzzin::buzzin::buzzin::dancer::dancer::dancer::cheerleader::cheerleader::hifive::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::party::party::woohoo::woohoo:

Better Bail Scientologist's - your cult is dismantling and crumbling before your eyes..

2017 - the year of truth!

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Apparent subject of tonight's ABC 2020 show - Scientology’s disgusting secret: Young teens used to interrogate adults about their sex lives

Tony Ortega: Scientology’s disgusting secret: Young teens used to interrogate adults about their sex lives

http://tonyortega.org/2017/01/06/sc...-to-interrogate-adults-about-their-sex-lives/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Serge Gil first reached out to us more than a year ago. It’s taken a lot of time for his story to get to a large audience, but tonight he’s going to be featured on an episode of ABC’s 20/20 that we were also interviewed for.

Gil’s story is wide ranging and very troubling, and we don’t know how deeply 20/20 is going to get into it. But we wanted to provide some basic background on what he went through in order to supplement ABC’s show. And we’ve had help by talking to Claire Headley, Aaron Smith-Levin, Mike Rinder, and Jefferson Hawkins.

We’ll start by pointing out that Serge Gil is an angry man. He’s now 38, but he says that how he was treated when he was a young teen at Scientology’s “Flag Land Base” in Clearwater, Florida has permanently scarred him, and he is looking for payback.

“The world needs to hear what I went through, Tony,” he told us last week in our latest conversation, sounding agitated. Earlier, he had said, “I’m going to be an ambassador for all the children who were being abused.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Slight sour grapes here - I'm glad the US media are finally catching up on this but the Oz media have been all over it for several years.:grouch:

FWIW, ACA with the excellent Ben McCormack did a segment on the E-Meter back in 2012 where we discussed using the meter to pull withholds of masturbation etc..:yes: - http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28069-ACA-on-the-e-meter-30-July-2012

Sadly, Zhent's YouTube account was taken down and I've no idea if Channel 9 still have that somewhere in their archives.:bigcry:

The episode got a lot of airtime in Oz as it was during the Olympics and a lot of peeps were tuned in waiting for the Olympic coverage to resume.:woohoo:

Ben was yet another person who the cult successfully turned into an enemy by their usual heavy-handed "always attack, never defend" tactics.:duh:

FUCK YOU, OSA !!! :devil:

More "successful" actions from the Most Ethical Group on the Planet practising 100% workable Standard Tehc.:roflmao:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Slight sour grapes here - I'm glad the US media are finally catching up on this but the Oz media have been all over it for several years.:grouch:

FWIW, ACA with the excellent Ben McCormack did a segment on the E-Meter back in 2012 where we discussed using the meter to pull withholds of masturbation etc..:yes: - http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?28069-ACA-on-the-e-meter-30-July-2012

Sadly, Zhent's YouTube account was taken down and I've no idea if Channel 9 still have that somewhere in their archives.:bigcry:

The episode got a lot of airtime in Oz as it was during the Olympics and a lot of peeps were tuned in waiting for the Olympic coverage to resume.:woohoo:

Ben was yet another person who the cult successfully turned into an enemy by their usual heavy-handed "always attack, never defend" tactics.:duh:

FUCK YOU, OSA !!! :devil:

More "successful" actions from the Most Ethical Group on the Planet practising 100% workable Standard Tehc.:roflmao:

Yes Australia has been way ahead of the pack, perhaps those segments can be replayed and quoted.

I do wish we could get Leah's series playing here though! Fingers crossed one of the mainstream channels picks it up soon. Not Foxtel, free to air.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

MONIQUE YINGLING - LIAR / Lawyer for the Church of Scientology AKA David Miscavige

whilst non-stop blinking and could not look at the ABC 20/20 Reporter interviewing her on Scientology; A War without Guns -

said...

With a Straight Face

Scientology's hatred toward "THE PSYCH'S" is just a catch phrase:omg::yes:

:yes::hysterical::giggle::laugh:

The FACEBOOK Page for ABC 20/20 is lit up - posters joking and degrading Monique Yingling...

SHE IS TOAST! Worst spokeshole eva!

Here are some comments on FB:

"The lawyer for Scientology absolutely stinks!! She is terrible. They must have found her on the back of a Cracker Jack box...lol"

"I just watched the scenes and as a trained human lie detector the scientologist woman that was being interviewed blinked her eyes 42 times in 15 second clip in just the scenes she is a liar from where ever scientology comes from."

"Is it me or does this lawyer looked stoned, scared and ironically doesn't look directly in his eyes? She also blinks way too much. Almost like morse code. Scientology is a joke. The government could use some of there money."

THERE you have it David Miscavige - please, continue your poor decision making regarding your evil little cult. You are going down!

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

MONIQUE YINGLING - LIAR / Lawyer for the Church of Scientology AKA David Miscavige

whilst non-stop blinking and could not look at the ABC 20/20 Reporter interviewing her on Scientology; A War without Guns -

said...

With a Straight Face

Scientology's hatred toward "THE PSYCH'S" is just a catch phrase:omg::yes:

:yes::hysterical::giggle::laugh:
What is amazing to me is that they would put someone on who hasn't done the Comm Course or STCC (particularly the "No Answer" drill), and Pro TRs, say nothing of TR-L. Seriously, could they pick a person with worse TRs?

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

I'm waiting for someone with skills to make spliced segments of Yingling's showing her with continuous eye fluttering. It's almost like her eyes are about to take off like a bat out of hell.

Did you hear the mention that there are negotiations to make a second season of Leah's Aftermath? :cheerleader:

CommunicatorIC

ABC 2020 video is up on YouTube.

[video=youtube;Kxqt5msaVVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxqt5msaVVg[/video]

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm waiting for someone with skills to make spliced segments of Yingling's showing her with continuous eye fluttering. It's almost like her eyes are about to take off like a bat out of hell.

Did you hear the mention that there are negotiations to make a second season of Leah's Aftermath? :cheerleader:
[FONT=&amp]"In her [/FONT]20/20[FONT=&amp] interview, Ms. Remini revealed that her docu-series won’t end with next week’s season finale. The actress-turned-investigative reporter says she’s in talks to confirm a second season of [/FONT]Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath[FONT=&amp]."

http://www.inquisitr.com/3862093/church-of-scientology-finally-fires-back-at-leah-remini/[/FONT]

CommunicatorIC

If Scientology Auditing is privileged and confidential, then why does Monique Yingling state on national TV she was told what Sege Gil was asked during his Johannesburg Confessional auditing sessions?

HT - darb on Tony Orgega's blog: http://tonyortega.org/2017/01/06/sc...lts-about-their-sex-lives/#comment-3087252798

At 27:40 in the 20/20 interview Monique Yingling states she was told what Sege Gil was asked [FONT=&quot] (or more precisely, not asked)[/FONT] during his Johannesburg Confessional auditing sessions.

[video=youtube;Kxqt5msaVVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxqt5msaVVg[/video]

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Overall I think it was pretty good. I thought the editing was terrific in places, where Mrs Blinks stuttered out something :blah: and it would cut to a segment that was totally believable. Because it happened! I don't think anyone is going to take scientology's rebuttals seriously, the contrast was so great and the sincerity of those who lived it is obvious. That woman is sickening, but hey, if that's how scientology wants to represent itself then bring it on.

Mind you I did yell at the screen a bit when her disgusting drivel was at it's worst. How dare she say that children were treated properly (can't remember the exact words), I lived the opposite and so did my children until I became mamma lioness! And thousands of others did too. Yeah right, we are all liars out for money. :pfft: No, we are just telling how it is and was. Serge was fantastic, as were Leah, Mike and Tony.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

^^^^^ great analysis of the 20/20 show by Mike. :thumbsup:

IMO, the best part of the show was that it reached millions of people that Leah's show hasn't reached YET, but now some of them will be curious enough to watch it.

An excerpt from Mike's post I found humorous:

"The single most noteworthy thing about the whole show (not just to me, see Twitter and the comments on the 20/20 site) was how bad Muffins was. She looked terrible. Her answers were evasive and inconsistent. And she looked like she was in one of those movies where people try to blink out morse code messages when they are being forced to do a video to prove they are alive for a kidnapping extortion plot."

An interesting comment responding to Mike's post by Dr. Taheny, a psychologist:
Dr. Maria Taheny says
January 7, 2017 at 10:43 am

People who are taught as children to speak truth often make horrible liars. Forensic psychologists know to look for blinking eyes and touches to the cheeks or lips to know when a person is lying. The more blinks, the less the person believes their own lies. This is why Miscavige does not blink. He believes his own lies. Psychopaths never blink. They give overly intense stares without blinking as their body language communicates a determination to make others believe what they are saying, no matter how implausible. The body usually betrays a liar, either way.

And those who seek truth know this intuitively!

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Cross-posted from the Bunker (comments section):

PickAnotherID5 hours ago

Since 'Aftermath' started airing, I've been inviting friends and neighbors, who previously had little to no interest in $cientology, over to watch. I started doing this for two reasons. First and foremost, I wanted to see the reaction of people who don't have all the back story information of long time critics and exes. And second, to hopefully get them interested enough to get involved in the fight. At least to the point of writing letters to Congress, etc., if nothing else.

Last night I had about a dozen people, who are a mix of Catholics, Protestants, Unitarians, Jews, Hindus, atheists, and don't want to talk about it, over to watch the 20/20 episode. During, and shortly after, the show they were also calling other friends for reactions to things being shown or said. Overall, $cientology did not come off well. At all. And none of them, not even one of the phoned friends, came away believing anything Yingling had to say, except, "That's what I was told." Some of their reactions are scattered around in my comments yesterday. Today I want to get them in one place, to give an idea how "regular folk" who are new to this are reacting to last nights show.

In no particular order:

- First question asked in the group, "Why does she (Yingling) blink so much? Especially when she's asked a question?"

- When they actually read some of the "SecCheck" questions for 6-14 year olds off the sheet for themselves, then heard Yingling's BS response to it, I'll just say it's a good thing she wasn't in the same room as them.

- When Serge explained about kids being "ancient Thetans" in young bodies, so their old enough to handle anything to Dan, my neighbors about fell out of their chairs. Several people reacted with, "Does that mean they think it's okay for an adult to have sex with a kid?"

- The reaction to Yingling calling Serge's story a lie was overwhelmingly, "Who's got the tars and feathers? That b*tch needs a ride out of town on a rail."

- My Catholic neighbors were, "That's not how confession is supposed to work!", in reaction to the 'SecCheck' sheets. They couldn't believe $cientology actually has printed "confessional" question sheets. Especially with such intrusive questions on them.

- When it was mentioned Auditing and SecCheck sessions were recorded, the general reaction was, "That's not a church, it's an extortion racket. Why aren't they being investigated?"

- Pretty much any time Yingling opened her mouth, the reaction was, "Lying sack of sh*t."

- Yingling's obvious insincerity made the exes who spoke out all the more believable.

- Everyone noticed $cientology was heavy with ad hominem attacks, and never really addressed the issues being raised by critics and exes. It went a long way towards validating what critics and exes have been saying about $cientology's 'Fair Game' practices all along. The concensus was, "My God! This is a church?"

- Most of the group couldn't understand why a non-$cientologist was on the show answering questions for $cientology. If not Miscavige, they thought it should have been some high level $cientologist executive/clergy. I had to explain these days there are no high level $cientologist executive/clergy except for Miscavige.

- Serge vs Yingling, someone quipped a local saying, "If I had to buy a cabbage, I'd take his. Hers are full of worms."

- General reaction to the 'Squirrel Busters' segment, "Are those idiots for real?"

- General reaction to Serge getting help from a psychiatrist, "After what they did to him? Thank God!"

- General reaction to $cientology's attacks on psychiatry, "Assholes!"

In summary:

Yingling: "I was told..."
Exes: "I experienced..."
Yingling: "All the exes are lying..."
Neighbors watching with me, "WTF?!? Yingling's just parroting what $cientology told her to say. She doesn't have a clue what's actually going on."