ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured From Miss X - About Annie Broeker

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Lulu Belle, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Jim Logan

Jim Logan Patron

Jim Logan

2. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Will a Scientology principle that appeared in another philosophy prior to Scientology, will still be abhorrent to you just because it later appeared in Scientology and was expressed using scientology terminology?

3. Jim Logan

Jim Logan Patron

Jim Logan

Seems to me, aside from the BPC, that there must some sort of 'anti' school that has its own GAT patter drills. I don't think it resolves the issues any more for them than it did for their oppterm. Do you guys do it to a rock just to stay in character on the GPM? (Goals Problem Mass, covered on various websites, books, etc. and I am lauging out loud as well. Hope some of you are cause that is freakin' hilarious).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  4. Jim Logan

Jim Logan Patron

Jim Logan

Now that is a really good question. I'd like to hear from some of the heavy hitters on this one. Come on guys, that's a pretty big mozza ball hanging out there.

5. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

:lol:

6. Jim Logan

Jim Logan Patron

Jim Logan

Since I mentioned it, re: GAT. From the Class VIII tapes; there is NO substitute for understanding. Jim
    And for Alanzo, know thyself and the truth shall set you free, a life unexamined is not worth living, be rid of 'self' and you are free of samsara and so on.

7. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

As a 'movement', 'Church', 'organization' Scientology can only be judged within 'time' as a perceptual framework. I would certainly judge it 'bad'.

As a 'philosophy', 'world view', 'belief system', 'cosmology' I'm not sure how important it is to 'time', or time to it. My own perception is from within 'time'. But, I wouldn't judge it 'bad' or 'good'. The correct criterium seems to me to be whether it's accurate, or, probably more important, *relevant* to reality, assuming some kind of coherent objective 'reality'. From all I've seen of Scientology, it's fataly unrealistic, and therefore, irrelevant to 'reality' as I perceive it. Naturally, since Scientology claims to be an *applied* religious philosophy, it must also be judged on that 'application' and, I would judge it as 'predominantly bad'. Certainly not *all* bad, but on the whole. Your mileage almost certainly varies :)

However, we'll also differ on *why* Scientology went bad and where, with you seeing an organizational divergence from the 'philosophy' and me seeing a living expression of the philosophy, with little difference between Ron's own and 'Current Management', except in flavor.

Zinj

8. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Only if "you can't handle the truth".

9. Zinjifar

10. Jim Logan

Jim Logan Patron

Jim Logan

Just so it's clear to all that tried and failed, all who still hang up on it, the gainsayers, just all: the entire aim of the exercise with Scientology is to make each of us able to act as individual, creative, independent beings. Thetans with different responses. If you haven't gotten to that point then I dare say you haven't done it. I have gotten pretty far on the route and as you can see, I can hold my position in space, as I choose, and I can generate power and I can have my own viewpoint and observe and I can say what I observe and so on and so on. I don't need anybody's license to be and act. I ain't lookin' for approval to have a thought. But I am a Scientologist, and that's where I learned how to do that. Do any of you honestly think LRH intended that you end up looking to him for your own truth? That he intended that you forever and anon go to him to come up with a thought? That you get his OK on something you create? Not a chance. It's independence for each and every one. If that means you have to reevaluate your experience as a public or staff or SO member and find those points where you denied self and recover your own ability to see and say what you are looking at then by all means, please, do just that. There is freedom on the other side. Sincerely, Jim Logan

11. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

Hello Jim,

I find your viewpoint refreshing. I would like to point out though, to answer your question, that there are many, many rich and miserly people. Ron called them "holders". Sometimes I think he was accumulating the monies for a power play, not for his own personal luxe and bling things. If I were a multi-millionaire, I am sure I would need only a couple million for my own creature comforts. Perhaps he was stashing it for his next life?????

12. Jim Logan

Jim Logan Patron

Jim Logan

13. Jim Logan

Jim Logan Patron

Jim Logan

OK, following that train of thought, where is it 'stashed'?
    (Hint, look at the wills and estate planning). We'll do this heuristically i.e. encouraging the student to find out for himself. And I am not being patronizing if it sounds like that. It's just that the answer to 'what happened to the money' is plain as day.

Oh, hello to you!

14. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

Time is the interplay of the two postulates: it is, it isn't, it is, it isn't, it is, it isn't, it is, it isn't, ad infinitum, each time counter-postulating the postulate that one has just made.

15. Leon

Leon Gold Meritorious Patron

Which then leads to the quanta packets that reality is supposed to come in.

16. Jim Logan

Jim Logan Patron

Jim Logan

It's basically a lie. And then there are the mechanics of time; space, particle, position. See Zeno's paradox re: the shot arrow. Good on ya Leon.

17. Jim Logan

Jim Logan Patron

Jim Logan

Space, particle, position. And repeat to the beat, voila, 'time'.

18. Zinjifar

Zeno's paradox isn't really a paradox, just a continuously sliding scale of perception. It's similar to saying an elephant can't be that big because you can move close enough to have his toenail fill your field of view.

In a way it reminds me of calculus; as the number of segments approaches infinity.

Zinj

19. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Thank you.

And yes, creative, independent individual would be the ideal scene to strive for. I would add loving and understanding human being to that as well.

20. Veda

Veda Sponsor

There are six posts in the Web sites and links section that I've placed there.

I doubt if either you or Vin would do more than glance at this material at this time, nonetheless, it's there anyway.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33&order=desc

Slowly, both you and Vin are learning the truth about Scientology - whether you want to or not.

One morning, with birds happily chirping outside your window, you'll wake up after a refreshing night's sleep, and, to your surprise, you won't be a Scientologist anymore.

As old "squirrel" Jack Horner was fond of saying, you will have "graduated from Scientology."

Look forward to the graduation party.