Funny Note

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Poofy, Feb 7, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

Do understand that I have never been involved in Scientology or learned the tech, but have been studying hard to understand the Tech speak a lot of members here use.

Today I was reading an entry on another thread: "Gail Schumacher is out. She blew and left Eva all alone as a reg in AOSH EU. This was in the beginning of the 1990's she hooked up with someone I think she had an out 2-D with and could not face the consequences." and realized that I understood not only all of the loaded language and Scientology Jargon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_terminology), but why she could not face the consequences.

I'm rather proud of myself. =)

2. Alanzo

Alanzo Because Someone's Gotta Be The Asshole

VWD!

I'll bet you're f/nning, VGI's on that!

3. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

Ok, you just defeated me again. :)

Very Well Done I get.

F/N: Functioning?

VGI, no idea :)

4. Alanzo

Alanzo Because Someone's Gotta Be The Asshole

An "F/N" is a "floating needle", which is a read on the Emeter that denotes a "release" or the end of a process. It usually accompanies "VGI"s, which are Very Good Indicators, like smiling or giggling happily. :D

So take a win on it!

5. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

LoL! Thanks Alanzo. I always was confused by F/N since I never picked up on the context. Now I know!

6. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Poofy - :thumbsup:
    And you do have a VERY cute avatar.

7. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Bear in mind that all Scientology processes are 'run' *until* a 'cog' is achieved or an 'ability regained' and VGI.

So, if you do that, it will *always* work!

If it didn't; you didn't do it long enough.... :)

Zinj

8. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

I find that the keep trying until it works mentality follows the law of diminishing returns. After enough iterations people will begin to give you the answers you want just to make it end. I guess a nice Tech term for that is Make it Go Right.

9. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Exactly. Add to it that you're *paying* for the time it takes you
    Polly wants a cracker, but, Polly has to bring her *own* cracker

There's a vested interest in finding a 'cog' or 'regaining an ability' and having 'Very Good Indicators'

Once you agree that you have them, you're psychologically set up to actually believe your own make believe...

Zinj