ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Geir Isene has a new Natterboard!

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Alanzo, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I suspect that the stuff about beings not of this universe derives from the 1952 "PDC' lectures, and is used as an attempt to explain why Scientology, its founder, and Scientology OTs, were/are so screwed up so much of the time.

Speaker: "We're under attack from outside the universe."

Audience: "Ooooooo!"

Speaker: "Ron's out there right now working on handling the situation."

Audience: "Ahhhhhhhh! Hip hip hooray! Three cheers for Ron!"

2. IMMORTAL

IMMORTAL Patron Meritorious

O.M.G! This just sounds plain crazy!!!! :omg:

3. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

Wow, Everfree is brilliant! I'll have to search around and find more Everfree threads to read. I didn't realize that Hubbard was operating in this manner but the info is contained right there in his Emergency Formula for all to see. In the movie based on Hubbard's life, called "The Master", I believe it is the "Nibs" character, Hubbard's son, who says, "Don't you see? He's making it up as he goes along." The says it quite well but that statement doesn't reveal any of the insights revealed in Everfree's post.

Hubbard says that nothing stays the same, one either moves up or moves down. Hubbard was applying Emergency condition all his life. He never did make it up into Normal Operation, that is absolutely certain! Since he started in Emergency and couldn't make it up to Normal and since nothing can remain indefinitely in one condition, he went down into Danger condition and then he spiraled right down the conditions through Non Existence, Liability, Doubt, Enemy,Treason , Confusion and lower. It would be fun and possibly enlightening to track Hubbard over the years and isolate the various points where he dropped down to the next lower condition.

It's amazing, I got to the state that I thought there was nothing more about Scientology and Hubbard that I could learn on ESMB and then Everfree and all this new data and new insights open up. Strange, how that works, often the right thing will appear for you, just when you began to think that you knew all there was to know about an area of life.
    Lakey

4. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

I'm not sure I can agree with you. When you judge Scientology using its own yardstick (by which I mean, the cultspeak of "conditions" and so on) you are judging a bullshit UFO cult using a yardstick that is itself bullshit. It's probably more useful, and more mainstream, to judge Hubbard's failings and the manifestations of his mental illness using the commonly accepted standards of wider society. For example, to consider what is legal, what is factual in science, what is statistically plausible and so on. By the (far higher) standards of 'wog' society, Dianetics and Scientology are nothing but a fraudulent, moral sewer.

Still, your line of questioning is interesting... and amusing. And who knows, it might provide a useful outpoint to some Scientology victim who is still in dire need of deprogramming.

5. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Yep Lakey. It is rather amazing how the truth get's understood and spread around. Everfree's post was 49 months ago, Paulette Cooper wonderful lady that she is, saw it at least 43 years ago as evidenced in her Scandal of Scientology, and Dr Winter saw it in the fall of 1950 or 51 when he worked with Elron.

6. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

:hysterical:

7. Say what you want about OTs, but you have to admit they always brings the lulz.

And I know laughing at OTs is like laugh at someone with a mental handicap, but how can you keep from laughing at these 'big beings' ?

Could you imagine numbnuts Allender running up to you with a camera strapped to his head and yelling ...

"You will interiorize in a rock for a million years!"

I dare you to keep from laughing at him.

[​IMG]