Get ‘Em Young

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, Aug 13, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

Get ‘Em Young

I came across this Sea Org promotional piece from 1999. It was a time when there had not been the extensive exposure of abuses of children in scientology. And thus it reflects the true attitude of scientology — not the carefully worded utterances that are put forth these days (scientology.org is the epitome of scientology […]

Continue reading...

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  2. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

It's always hilarious to see Mike Rinder comment about how "there had not been the extensive exposures of abuses of children in Scientology" because as CO OSA - HE was the one who was covering them up!

Does no one here see this?

3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Raised as a 2'nd generation Scientologist who was indoctrinated in Scientology beliefs he may have genuinely seen the use of children in this fashion as the "greatest good" for Scientology and the children adults in small bodies.

I was first generation, getting in around age 21, and came to believe some pretty crazy shit. :D

I messed up a relationship pretty badly due to my beliefs about wanted to salvage this sector of the universe. :eek:

What I see is that you'll spin something any way you have to in order to make Mike Rinder look bad.

What are your crimes Alanzo?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  4. Cornelius Bigot

Cornelius Bigot Patron with Honors

What's hilarious is your jealousy boner for anyone with a blog that is, unlike yours, actually read by people. Add Scientology And The Aftermath to the equation and we arrive at why you desperately try to steer every discussion into negativity toward Mike Rinder: pure and unfiltered jealousy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  5. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

I ain't got my toes to tappin' over it but it ain't entirely idyllic...

but...

they got a right to do this

and...

we have a bias toward extending childhood which does get unsightly; twelve is the longstanding age of adulthood; the after which you can't teach the little snots a damn thing

6. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

What do you think the CO OSA did when it came to child abuse in Scientology?

7. Type4_PTS

What specific type of child abuse are you referring to?

8. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

Any child abuse that could be a legal flap for the Church.

What was the CO OSA's hat in those cases?

9. Type4_PTS

My understanding is that that type of stuff is handled on a case by case basis.

And it's not just the CO OSA INT's hat. OSA staff in each of the orgs handle it, and I've seen HCO be involved as well in conjunction with OSA.

When they become aware of crimes against children a number of factors are taken into consideration when determining a handling.
    Is the person a Scientologist in good standing with the CoS? How valuable are they to the CoS? (in terms of money and their contributions as a staff or S.O. member).

And yes, staff and S.O. members, when following the Scientology "scriptures" do not report many crimes to the police, whether committed against children or adults. I'm sure you've seen a number of stories illustrating this type of thing.

Again though, you're trying to put everything on Mike Rinder as former head of OSA INT. But if any staff member walked into a room and saw a child being raped and picked up a phone, calling the police, they'd be committing a Suppressive Act according to Scientology policy. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know though.

10. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

But I seem to be bringing up a point which maybe you've forgotten? Or something?

Any legal flap is handled by OSA as the protector of the Church. And so any mishandled legal flap by lower level staff, because legal flaps are so flappy, would escalate very quickly to Mike Rinder. And all handled legal flaps would be reported to him, so he could have his finger on the pulse. Because of course, he's the CO, the thetan over the area.

And so when Dave asks Mike, "What happened with that pedo incident last week?"

Mike was unlikely to say, "How should I know? Everything is so compartmentalized around here, Dave."

Right?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 4:21 AM
  11. Type4_PTS

Yes, I would think he would be CC'ed on serious flaps that were handled, so he would have knowledge of many things that occurred over the years.

But ANY staff member who's following the "scriptures" is compelled to cover up a crime in many different circumstances. Or, again, risk being SP Declared.

If I as a lower level staff member witness a serious crime in a Scientology Org I would report it to HCO and OSA (per policy). But if THEY decide it is to get handled internally or ignored, then I can get on the phone myself, reporting it to the police, but I'd be risking my eternity for doing so, or at least believing I was.

Covering up crimes doesn't just happen because the CO OSA INT is a bad guy acting out evil intentions. Under certain circumstances, it can be the responsibility of any staff member or public Scientologists to cover up the crime. That's part of being a Scientologist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  12. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

What do you think about the idea that Mike may have snapped out, and then gradually extracted himself from the sociopathic tactics of El Con the shyster and then made efforts to expose, the sociopathy to which Hubbard made systemic in Scientology while fraudulently claiming that he was leading a march towards total freedom, and Mike also admitting a mea culpa Would you like to have the same gains? Are you born again? And if so is it to help rise the dead sociopathy or destroy it?

13. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

obs03 despoiler of childhood.jpg

14. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Of all the things you can hate about Scientology, the recruitment and treatment of children has to be #1.

I saw too much of it, even at a Class V Org level.

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • List