ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Getting it out of your head

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by UMike, Jan 11, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

When I was sup on the comm course (overlapping the time when Jim Hamre was there as a sup) Jim once said (1970s), to all the students, that he could open up ANY material on Scientology and apply that to their lives, regardless.

This belief was in my time in Scientology as well as yours.

I value your input from the old days and I hope that you will consider mine. I regard this as a conversation and not a flame.

2. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Well I would expect that from Jim (Hamre), before Riverside, he was an old staff member of mine! :)

This leads to a good survey question?

What piece of tech that is yours would you be willing to use at any time, in any situation?

Don't say "I don't use any" unless you are a loon that doesn't communicate with understanding!

Can you imagine stating that auditing is: "Asking a question someone can understand, getting an answer you can understand and acknowledging in such a way that person knows they were understood." Then having the audacity to copyright that.

Anyone who has communicated down through time has done this.

Even the Brit "godless brain" asks questions we can understand.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  3. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

Tech I use

Alan, I was training fairly recently , just under two years ago. What I use daily from Scientology is: Knowing what Invalidation and Evaluation is, and how not to commit it. Good comm cycle, getting ones' question answered, listening carefully to what people say. I have lots of friends due to this skill. I do not suffer fools. I use the ignore feature to remove unpleasant people from my space, without remorse. I know immediately when I have upset someone(indicators) and work quickly to restore understanding. Even a major disagreement about something can be compartmented, and agreement on other subjects can be substituted. I am almost completely in PT or future, and only look at the past to revisit pleasure moments or warn against similar folly in the future. I ascribe this general happiness to auditing, by some very good auditors. The best people I have known had an ability to see the best in me, and I try to return the favor. I try to save my failures, my disappointments in myself, for those therapies that when applied in private, will vanish them. I try not to take them out on others. In other words, no case on the post of life. Most days, I am pretty glad I got what I did get out of Scientology, and I don't regret that journey. Thanks for asking. Mike

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

OTEEATE
    In other words, no case on the post of life.

BB
    Thats a beautiful extension of a well known scientology concept. It
    is possibly more important than " No case on Post." It embraces far
    more widely.

Its also a very ethical viewpoint.

5. Alan

Great Mike!

The only other question I have is: Who are you matching terminals with? :)

6. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Can you define matching terminals? is it reactively pulling in the opposite?

Thanks...

7. beyond_horizons

beyond_horizons Patron Meritorious

The only time a scientologist had an ability to acknowledge the best in ' yours truly' was if and on those rare occasions when I mentioned hubbard or scientology in the same sentence ... or when they perceived, based upon hubbo filters, something I did that seemed inspirational.

Otherwise every time I originated something from my own experience it was followed by, there is tech on that or there is a quote. All designed to stop me in my tracks and infer, you are nothing and hubbard is everything! Get with the program!
    :D

This is what I find so sad to the point of repugnant about a "hardcore" card carrying scientologist.

:sad:

8. Alan

A matching terminal is a person on a parity with you.

Example: World Class sprinters - each sprinter is a champion.

Or: A Billionaire tends to be on a parity with another billionaire.

Or: 7/11 clerk is on a parity with other 7/11 clerks.

If the training and processing is working you naturally upgrade your terminals.

This was the indicators of the tech was working before the Grades and OT. Levels.

9. beyond_horizons

beyond_horizons Patron Meritorious

Oh cool … story time!

In 1975 I was an explorer of sorts in my own right living out my own "Swiss Family Robinson" dream life, scuba diving some Pacific islands and exploring the history of some local ancient ruins.

Actually it was something that occurred to me on one island weeks after having been struck in the head by a rock on a lonely island road by a drunken disgruntled islander. It was from that brush with the basaltic rock, since it was a volcanic island, :) and on a slow rocky road to recovery that it hit me like a ton of bricks. To condense it down to a word it was SURIVIVE!

Then one day after that event I picked up and read a dianetics book. :D After checking it out in an org and doing book and bottle with a professional Amway sales person, it was mostly downhill from there! :)

None the less and to this day "survive" remains the one piece of "MY" tech along with ALL the realizations that came along with that experience as something I use as appropriate!
    :D :D :D

10. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

"No case on the post of life" also implies that you don't need auditing and you don't need to get "up the Bridge", which is even better, because that way you save a lot of money and don't waste years of your life.

11. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

ROLAND RB
    No case on the post of life" also implies that you don't need auditing and you don't need to get "up the Bridge", which is even better, because that way you save a lot of money and don't waste years of your life.

bb
    Not really.

I believe its correct to say we all have case. We can do, be, have, whatever we want theoretically. Case may get in the way for us personally.

On the third dynamic, those on forums, best explored on others than this,
    ( bless you Emma) shows how case can attempt to screw others up.

But then how do we handle the human condition?

Politeness and manners are a good way to handle case. You don't even need to read any LRH material to discover this. Politeness and manners are third dynamic tech. Pretty universal. Survival actions. Don't need a bridge.

Don't mean auditing won't help greater survival.

YMMV

bb

12. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

I agree with Roland.

"Case", as defined by Hubbard, is utter bullshit. It was only his attempt to introvert you and get you to believe that the only way out for you is to buy Scientology auditing.

Gak.

13. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

Is using a $¢I€NTO£OG¥ process to eliminate $¢I€NTO£OG¥ from your head meant to be ironic?

14. jonreisdorf

jonreisdorf New Member

I left scn in 1980 but I really didn't begin to be free of it until my dad died in 1992. My dad, Charles Reisdorf was a great guy, early and lifelong dianeticist and scientologist. I found my true path Buddhism in getting over the depression following his death. My wife kept giving me spiritual books to read and one was The Blooming of a Lotus by Thich Naht Hanh, Zen master, author, poet and peace activist. The book consists of 36 gradiant guided meditations  on healing. The practices are over 2500 years old, tried and true, and helped me immensely. 

My family was raised on the tech. My parents did the entire bridge while in the church. I was on staff for ten years so couldn't afford the bridge but went clear in the church and did the rest of the bridge at Mayo's AAC, a great center with some of the best auditors on the planet.  My sisters De De Voegeding Reisdorf and Gale Reisdorf Irwin were long time commodore messengers.  Both briefly were CO CMOs (appointed by Hubbard) and both were purged by Miscavige and then brutalized by him. Their stories are featured in Reitman's Inside Scientology, an excellent history. After the book came out, with my sisters as named sources, I have been receiving calls from the church after nothing for 30 plus years. Coincidence?  I don't think so.  They sent me the latest dvd from bridge pubs a slick pr job featuring Der Feuhrer.  It was hard to watch but I finished it. I felt a bit like a deer caught in a headlight or rabbit frozen in fear by a snake.

Anyway with my new billion year contract, my bodhisattva vows - "as long as space exists and as sentient beings remain may I too abide to dispel the suffering of the world" - include even DM. May he find enlightenment - really quickly  so he can stop being such a prick.  

Anyway I am way out.  I'm retired from a long career as a teacher and living in one of the beautiful spots on earth, 280 miles north of San Fran along the coast and amidst the tall trees.  I have a wonderful wife, great friends and wonderful Buddhist teachers.  And I'm looking forward to sharing with you all.

Metta (loving kindness),
    Jon

15. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

I liked this post but My God it is an old thread. Like voices from the past. :ohmy: