ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Glee thread

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by The Oracle, Aug 19, 2007.

1. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

I have never come across anyone who hates mankind, in this life.

That's pretty anti self.

I guess the ego or sense of wanting to survive (which we most of us have as a common denominator) prevents a person from being anti self. If you hated mankind you'de more or less have to hate yourself.

2. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I kinda think I have. I've met people who certainly seemed to have it in for most of humanity.

But I find people like that- rare as they are- to be sneaky. They will say they don't like this or that person or ethnicity or "clams" or whatnot- but really, they don't like anybody very much.

3. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

I must admit that there are many times when I think planet Earth would be far better off without mankind--we are the most distructive species on the planet.

4. The Oracle

Never been lied to, never been lonely.

Sure, I had the Sea Org recruiter tell me things. But I'd been around long enough to know he had no authority to promise anything in Scientology. I knew he took orders. Later, I knew the recruiters were people they didn't need inside the Org otherwise they put them out on tour. I also knew it was a tough mission to confront and high percentage of them went off the rails on tour. I won't go into details.

I knew about all about the Sea Org by the time I had a dance with the recruiters. My place had been the place for blown or booted Sea Org members for years. The declare orders came there, the recovery missionaires came there, and the freeloader debts came there.

I knew nobody in that place could promise me anything and if I did go in and then leave, I would be billed for any exchange I put in as if my labor never meant a damn to anyone. The recruiter said things that were not true but I didn't pay attention to that. I knew. I wondered if he knew. I think he hoped for the best to get his stats up.

I read early on "we build a world with broken straws" "may not be the best
    bridge, just the only one" "help me build a better one" so I knew things were on shaky foundation with the tech. I heard someone say they could see through walls but since I didn't test it I didn't file it as truth. I had my own experience to rely on with the tech and the upswings outweighed the down swings so I was winning on that end.

I realized early on the wins were relative. I began to see things other's couldn't that were way further up the bridge than I. I saw mission staff a lot saner than Sea Org Staff. I saw the Sea Org staff who were supposed to be the "elete" treat one another like trash.

There were plenty of contradicitions but I only believed what I saw.

I've known some fellows who said some things and I knew they were hoping or hallucinating. You get someone on saturday night saying he'll die for you when sunday mornings he can't take out the trash you have to believe he's not wrapped too tight.

I've heard lots of sounds coming from people for all sorts of "management" reasons. But I only believe what is right there in front of me to see for myself.

All in all, I've never been lied to.

There is a tremendous reward involved with being born an unwanted child. Mainly, you are never monitored or policed. By anyone. I remember being three before I spent a five year stretch in a remote mountain area. I was kind of a loner kid to begin with. I spent the summers wandering into the mountains and sitting in a paw paw patch or exploring streams and whatever what on the ground. I was given a nanny goat and as independent as they are the goat followed me everywhere I went. I ignored it for a long time because it wasn't human. So I figured I couldn't talk to it. One day I hiked about four miles into the forest with the goat on my heels. I sat down on some moss and started to eat a paw paw I'd picked up off the forest floor.
    The goat stood in front of me watching me eat. I got about halfway done with the fruit and the goat was still standing right in front of me staring at me.

"What's up?" I asked the goat.

It's eyes shot down to the rest of the fruit and I handed it over in share.

After that I talked all day and all night to the goat.

It talked to me too.

Sometimes to the trees too.

To all the animals on that farm.

All in all, I've never been lonely.

5. The Oracle

I know exactly what you mean.

If I moved out of my house I think it would last a lot longer.

6. The Oracle

One of the biggest contradictions I noticed about the Sea Org, is this idea that what you will be doing in the Sea Org is "very valuable".

I found out just how valuable I was when I left and I got my freeloader debt.
    I paid it. I worked 18 hours a day for six years and got handed a bill. That's how valuable I was. I found out in the end, I was actaully a liability that owed them money after six years of labor. How seriously can you take yourself or your exchange after that?

If you show up as a public to go up the bridge, thay hate you for being out ethics for not being in the Sea Org. But they don't hate wogs who don't even show up to buy the product so go figure?

One day you get pronounced OT, next week off to the RPF as DB.

The contradictions are beyond gross.

But all in all, you know it all the whole time you are dabbleing one way or another in the game.

I never got wounded from it but I will tell you who did.

Anyone who did anything for applause.

Because while the IAS regges were applauding someone for a donation, the recruiters were knocking them in the dirt for something else they didn't do.

I think motive is senior when you step in.

I just wanted to know what was up backstage.

I side stepped every other alley way.

Once I figured it all out I considered myself a winner in the game.

All the rest didn't matter.

Hubbard never entered into any of it for me. Except at an early point where he C/Sed my folders.

He wasn't in any org I was in.

People issue cook books all the time and people in the kitchen really don't expect them to cook the food.

You hear people say, "Can I have the recipe?" But you never hear someone say, "I'm going to kill the author of that damned cook book!"

There are a lot of points about this whole trip that have become comedy really.

If you take the time and can have the ridiculousness......

The breaking point for me, when I could not take it seriously for one more minute, was the marching drills.

Left face, right face, left face, right face......

Bout face! I bout faced my way right out!

That was the final straw for me. There were little things and big things I was coping with, but I realized if I was expected to march, too much was expected of me.

That was like sending Bob Dylan to boot camp.

Anyway, sometimes you just wake up in a strange place and don't remember how you got there.

It's not a big deal.

For some of us, it starts with an Alabama slammer (been there). For some of us, it starts with a recruiter (been there), for some of us it starts with a missionaire coming down on the staff (been there), and for some of us, it starts with piece of golden rod (haven't been there). But that wouldn't have bothered me either.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  7. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

As a 'staffer' my bill didn't work out too badly.

Staff are "entitled"* to I can't remember how many hours study a week, but who has time for study when you're chasing a real job in order to feed yourself? And what staff member got serious processing except for ethics cycles?

I originally started to pay it off, but when I sat down and worked out the wage I should have realistically earned for all the work I had put in, I realized who was out exchange and just cut all ties with the org.

People chased me, offering amnesty.
    "You can come back."
    "No. I can't. I'm a blown staff member, I no longer qualify to go where/do what to achieve my goals."
    "We can fix all that."
    "Yeah, right. Pull the other one, it recites Paula Nancy Millstone-Jennings."

Even today, if I run into someone, they'll still say "You should come back, it's all been cleaned up since the bad old days."
    Again: "Yeah, right."

8. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

TI, when were your folders C/Sed by LRH? Was it some experimental procedure?

Could Sea Org simply be a social experiment conducted by LRH, with no further value to it?

9. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

TI -

What's an Alabama Slammer?

10. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Maybe...

Maybe all these religions have been grand experiments.
    Those innumerable rituals and procedures being the strands.
    Let's learn from them what we can
    And move on.

Maybe some of us will start new religions
    With new rituals and procedures
    Benefiting from the "experiments"
    That were already conducted.

Maybe LRH wasted away
    Because he didn't realize in time
    That the experiment was long over
    And it was time to move on.

Or, maybe he did.

11. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Vinaire's thinking outside the box again.

Bravo!

12. The Oracle

My folders were C/Sed by Hubbard on a pilot.

It wasn't any experiment, it was a new release.

13. The Oracle

Alabama Slammer Recipe

Rating: 90 % (of 1332 votes)
    Ingredients: 1.0 oz Amaretto
    3.0 oz Orange juice
    1.0 oz Sloe gin
    1.0 oz Southern Comfort

Directions: Fill a mixing glass with crushed ice. Add sloe gin, Southern Comfort, amaretto, and orange juice. Shake and strain into shot glasses. Makes about 4 shots.

14. The Oracle

The Sea Org is a social experiment conducted by a lot of people, I was in on it too. You were in on it too.

At this time, I think it is some sort of dragnet, like, fly paper.

Haven't figured out why yet.

Maybe for some former militia to "report in".

I just realized I landed in the wrong mailbox and scooted out.

Everything going in society is a social experiment. The U.S. government is a social experiment. So is MacDonalds. I mean what we are do when we are living is experimenting.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  15. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Sounds a lot like a Slow Comfortable Screw.

Except you use vodka instead of Amaretto.

(Sloe Gin and Southern Comfot in a Screwdriver. Slow Comfortable Screw.)

16. The Oracle

P.S. The "motto", "We come back" smells like an implant command to me.

17. The Oracle

Well, let's just say you are either experimenting yourself, or you've wound up as part of someone else's experiment.

18. The Oracle

:hysterical:

19. MarkWI

MarkWI Patron Meritorious

Preaps we should adopt a motto too.
    What about "we move forward" or "we go forward"?

20. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

It is more like

"We move on."