ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Going Clear - Scientology and the Prison of Belief

Discussion in 'Movies, Plays, and Documentaries about Scientology' started by smartone, Aug 5, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. smartone

smartone My Own Boss

This evening we watched on Sky Atlantic a documentary entitled 'Going Clear - Scientology and The Prison of Belief'.

I don't know how old this documentary is but it's a relief to FINALLY get the true story. :coolwink:

2. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

It was released on March 20 last year. It was downloadable from ESMB for a while so you could have got it for free. (Not that I'd want to deprive Gibney of some income of course, but I guess I did.)

It was broadcast on Sky Atlantic in the UK and Ireland, including Northern Ireland, on September 21, 2015, and attracted 88,000 overnight viewers. By the start of October it had become Sky's most-watched documentary for three years, attracting a peak audience of 313,000 viewers and an average of 243,000 including catchup viewing.

Source

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  3. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Sky Atlantic broadcast it fairly regularly in the UK.
    Was broadcast again tonight.
    t
    t
    t it regularly.

4. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Glad you got to finally see it!! It came out in 2015, I believe. It's also available online in the USA for HBO subscribers through Comcast's XFINITY ON DEMANDâ„¢ Ends 12/31/16

Going Clear: Scientology (HBO)
    http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/...mer#filter=online&episode=7683942927834361112

5. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Oh, cool! I subscribe to Comcast so I'll schedule a re-watch. My first viewing was strange because it was a slightly slowed down version to avoid copyright issues or something like that and the cast sounded drunk and it took much longer to watch through.

6. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

7. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

This made me think of FarraCON and the NOI. I wonder what the official policy is regarding "entheta" material? I wonder how these people are steered away from thinking for themselves?