What's new

Goodbye (at long last) from "Emma"

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hey everyone :biggrin:

This is my last thread as your administrator. As of this weekend I'm retiring the Emma username. Ethercat & Mick are your administrators now.

I need a week or so to answer a few PMs I owe people but other than that I won't be posting from that account or administering or moderating etc. I have created a new account that I can use to post as a regular user if I want to. I'll introduce that account later.

It's tempting to write a long soppy post about the history of ESMB and how I feel about it. I'm not going to do that. Instead I'll just say that I care deeply for all of you and wish you well as you recover from your involvement in Scientology.

Please throw your support behind the new admins as they take over and keep ESMB here for everyone. It's not an easy task and they are doing it because I can't anymore, not because they really want to.

Take care everyone and I'll see you in the trenches.:blowkiss:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Thanks very much for all you've done and for putting up with all our antics. I truly wish you well as you go forward in life. You've been great, and still are!

Free Being Me

Crusader

This is my last thread as your administrator. As of this weekend I'm retiring the Emma username. Ethercat & Mick are your administrators now.

I need a week or so to answer a few PMs I owe people but other than that I won't be posting from that account or administering or moderating etc. I have created a new account that I can use to post as a regular user if I want to. I'll introduce that account later.

It's tempting to write a long soppy post about the history of ESMB and how I feel about it. I'm not going to do that. Instead I'll just say that I care deeply for all of you and wish you well as you recover from your involvement in Scientology.

Please throw your support behind the new admins as they take over and keep ESMB here for everyone. It's not an easy task and they are doing it because I can't anymore, not because they really want to.

Will do Emma and thank you for all you've done! Don't be a stranger!

:party::heartflower::rose::heartflower::party:

Div6

Crusader
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8n56tm7B64[/video]

You are one Class Act. And no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'll do a soppy post then, for the newer readers.

It took enormous courage and endless, endless blood sweat and tears for Emma to start this board, keep it running and provide a space on the net for over 750,000 posts and nearing 30,000 different threads in the last few years. That's an awful lot of communicating about scientology and connecting with other people!

Thankyou doesn't seem enough somehow. Actions speak louder than words anyway, so let's keep ESMB running smoothly so Mick and Ethercat don't have to go through some of the stuff Emma did. And she can finally speak as a normal poster, that could be interesting!

Thanks Emma!

:rose: :cheers2:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for everything you've done, Emma. Through all the trials and disagreements and upsets, ESMB is right up there as one of the most major blows to CoS in it's history.

It has made it safe for exes of all persuasions to get together and discuss and challenge their viewpoints, but most importantly, to be safe to communicate. And that communication has facilitated major breakthroughs in the fight against the abuses of CoS.

Being the sole administrator all these years must have been a royal pain in the butt! Now your job is done and it was done well. You will find ESMB much more enjoyable when you can wander off for a few weeks or months whenever you feel like it, wander back and have a browse for a few minutes or a few days, to post or not according to your whim.

Acknowledge your accomplishment and go enjoy your life knowing you've done a good job.

But I hope you decide to keep in touch once in a while.

:cheers:

:cheers2:

With love and respect,
Carla

:grouphug:

TG1

Angelic Poster
You know I love you and am grateful to you and EVERYONE who keeps ESMB open for business. I can't fathom your courage and grit. This board was established to give those out of Sciland and leaving and lurking a place to assemble and learn and be in community. It's an incredible resource for all. I hope it remains so.

TG1

rick and ilsa will always have paris

we'll always esmb and your avatar pic

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm going to be like Free to Shine and do a soppy post too. Few of us here will understand the determination that Emma had to speak out against Scientology, and to create a forum where others could do likewise. In addition to the typical harrassment she got from the Scientology powers that be, she also sacrificed time you or I wouldn't have -- time with her family, time for herself, time for her career. There was also the matter of financially supporting ESMB for a time.

Emma is a plain speaker, a member of a tribe that has slowly disappeared as weasel words have entered our lexicon. I'm proud of her, and proud to have been a member of this Board during the last few years.

Mate, you've earned your rest. Well done and keep flying along.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
:flowers:

I'm not going to rave on or pour tears all over the show but Emma please know that your work here is honest to God a very big part of why I am still standing. I will always remain deeply grateful for you, and ESMB.

I love you deeply. :flowers:

I am not very good doing soppy, so thanks to the person known as "Emma" for everything she has done. I am aware that the reality of the amount of work she has done is not easy to grasp. FTS has pointed out the courage that it took too....another point that I tend to forget about at times.

Free Being Me

Crusader
I can only imagine putting all the blood, sweat and tears into ESMB as Emma has done. I hope Tansy treats you to a very special evening.

:cheers:

Gib

Crusader

thanks emma and happy retirement from the admin. While we don't know each other, this place has certaintly helped me and will help others. Hope you continue to post your thoughts and data. :thumbsup: