ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

GPM's What are they called in English?

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Rmack, May 12, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

That was my experience with TROM (which I obtained in book form somewhere around 1994). Time breaking was a good process but I didn't make much headway with the rest of it.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  2. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

The simple answer to your question is that there is no concept in the non scn world of GPM. Badly influenced by previous lives doesn't get near to the brutal space opera implants Hubbard invented.

On another post you mentioned the Sea Org, I suddenly saw the hopelessness of being an SO member with a billion years left to serve with no bridge because the Hubbard chap went off to his next life without leaving enough technology to get anyone through the effect of implants past all the BT stuff into actual OT stuff, the ethics teck is unusable so how can the universe be made ethical? To make matters worse no one is allowed to invent tech so it can never change, a billion years of getting people through objectives again, and buying reprints of DMSMH is not what was promised. When Hubbard died so did his cult. There is no further it can go. Indi scn is not the same though, but I'd wait a few lifetimes before I'll be bothered to try anything like that.

3. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, it is similar IMO Helena but not quite the same.

In John Cleese and Robyn Skynner's books "Life and how to survive it" and "Families and how to survive them" (which I recommend btw), neurotics are referred to as "two map people". That is, they have two different mental maps with which to interpret and respond to events, instead of one as non-neurotic people have, and since these maps are often in conflict neurotics themselves often feel conflicted. Typically, these two maps correspond to those of the two parents.

4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Crusader

When I was 19 and on the basic study course, I had this certainty that Scio tech had been around before. I actually thought I remembered what I was supposed to get out of it ....again I had this idea that every costume ever used in playing any game would go to the dry cleaners and come back pristine. I was so disappointed.

My opinion is that there is a basic goal that sparks us to LIVE a life, and underneath there are junior ones, and those of epicenters. High trained professionals in the area of the mind are scarce in Scientology. That is why everything is dictated by standard tech....because no understanding of the possible mental mistakes is there. You don't let a novice do brain surgery, why did we let the some do mind surgery.

I should think lower goals are temporarily inactive, bowing to the fresher and higher stronger ones running our human existence. When stirred up, throwing live attention into stoking the dormant engine rooms, the incongruent lifeforces can ignite and cause the person to experience 'efforting'. On the endless Int rundown, these once dynamic vitalities were seemingly to be discharged so they didn't interfere or chafe too much with the current life. Too many folks were stirred and stirred until they lost their intuited understanding of what the fire in their own furnace was and why they decided to show up in the world. I suppose the newly pushed Survival Rundown is designed to put everything going in the same direction since there must still be this problem.

5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

This! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hats, you really come up with some brilliant things sometimes. This is a terrific, fresh idea that incorporates ideas from genetic behaviour with some basic psychology concepts, as well as instinctual behaviour and even a splash of spirituality.

What an interesting, intriguing concept.

6. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

I can't help thinking that GPM is just a dumb made-up name to describe the human condition. The human condition is largely striving and struggle, with a bit of "win-some/lose-some" thrown in. Sometimes you succeed, sometimes you fail, pick yourself up and move on.

It's the same with words like "counter-intention", and the stupid idea that we must remove all CI whenever possible.

Everything we do in life is going to have some blow-back or some action that is "counter" to what we want to do. Without the striving, which is a natural part of life, we would all be super-human and always get whatever we wanted and life would be very boring indeed. Or SOME people would always get what they wanted, and others would be slaves who made sure those in power got whatever they wanted. (Maybe that's what Hubs was after??)

It's all about balance. Not about removing "counter-intention" or auditing out all the "GPMs" so we can be super human, or make others comply to our wishes.

So yes, there is an English word for GPM....it's called LIFE.

7. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Epic Blast!

Make that your sig line!

8. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

My dear H, in this you are not far wrong. I had a similar experience when I first read DMSMH - a picture of a space ship turned on - it contained a certainty of having done this before. I think The Pilot says something like that - about it was developed previously but failed -but this time! Got it down! Ooops. Sorry Ken - maybe next time.

Mimsey