ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ben D, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Ozzies

You people talk funny and you eat yeast paste.

Just sayin'.

2. AnotherDave

AnotherDave Patron

You can take my freedom, but you'll never take my Marmite

3. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Try and talk normally after a handfull of vegimite!:coolwink:

Hi anotherDave, Fek! Fek! ARse!, love your photo. Father Jack doesnt need marmite he must smell like he's just had a shovelfull!:eyeroll:

La La

4. pollywannacracker

pollywannacracker Patron Meritorious

Welcome Ben!

Glad to have you on board!

5. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Another Dave, I forgot to say welcome, I dont usually say Fek to all the new boys....

Look forward to hearing more from you.:yes:

6. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

Gumleaf Mafia

:kangaroo: The "Gumleaf Mafia" are taking over :bwahaha:

7. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

go eat some whichetygrubs dipped in vegimite, you know you want to!:unsure:

Now what was this thread all about?

8. Ben D

Ben D Patron

Hi La La Lou Lou, yes totally agree with your observations, have often been in the presence of people with an awesome presence, but this was different.

After the 'spell' was broken, their appearance changed immediately from that of a some sort of immobile hypnotized staring golem, to that of a person in shock.

Please understand, my time inside Scientology was only a few weeks full time during which time I was signed up for $47,000 worth of courses so I was not aware of who was what, PC, Clear, OT or what. So I really don't know whether they were OT or not, but I assumed so because I had been verbally threatened prior to this when I first raised the issue of my intentions to leave. I was told that I should reconsider my decision for there could be adverse consequences for me if an OT got involved in my case. When I thoughtlessly blurted out that I could handle an OT, I was told, "maybe, but you won't be able to handle a number of them!".

However, back to the psychic power display I was subject to, I have never found anyone with whom I've shared this story who could provide an credible explanation that resonated with me. IMO, it was not hypnotism, not a self induced thing, it was an exercise of a psychic power demonstration that must be taught at some level in Scientology training.

I have never before that time, nor ever since come across anything like it, though I have read about the First Earth Battalion and the training to kill goats by staring at them and stopping their hearts.

http://www.powells.com/biblio?PID=29608&cgi=product&isbn=0743241924

9. Whitedove

Whitedove Patron Meritorious

I dont know if its related in some way but I suffer from chronic anxiety now. Thanks to Scientology.

Its very subtle and frankly I still havent got how my anxiety was triggered except I already had a predisposition to it. Scientology just brought it out with a vengeance.

Aint that swell?! :omg:

10. cantsay

cantsay Patron Meritorious

Its not taught in Scientology training. Its not something you get in auditing either. No OT can do such things. Im sorry to say, Scientology makes you believe such things are possible - I used to think I could sense thetans and so on after being in the Church for a while. Its all bollocks and part of the PR.

Besides, the odds of having several OTs on staff in the first place is extremely low - staff dont get auditing to get up the bridge. Several people came into the courseroom simply to intimidate you into staying. I highly doubt they had even been Clear, let alone OTs. OTs wouldnt put themselves in a situation where they are required to do anything that could prove if they had OT abilities - to ask them to do so is an offence in the Church.

This may seem rather brutal, but if you were convinced to hand over so much money in a short time, without knowing what you were buying, you seem to be easily suggestible, so Im not surprised you could confuse your own panic/anxiety with some "mysterious OT powers". What you describe as happening to you is exactly what you can experience when in a fight-flight situation. Nothing strange about it.

11. Whitedove

Whitedove Patron Meritorious

Right on!

12. Unperfekt

Unperfekt Patron

Pretty much quoted for truth. I was going to bring this up on page 1, but I didn't want to rain on your parade. Hope things clear up for you.

13. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

Start looking at some of the materials on 'cult survival'. I hate that term, but what you are experiencing is NOT uncommon. And there IS hope, and help.

14. Ben D

Ben D Patron

Appreciate all your comments and so consider them factored into my ever evolving present understanding. That my life was in crisis at the time is a correct observation, but just to clear the money point up, within 9 months of leaving, through the agency of the NSW Government Consumer Affairs Dept., the whole of the $47,000 was returned to me. So I was not a popular person in Scientology circle.

And all this happened over 20 years ago, and so I can more easily reasonably revisit and discuss it now without undue anxiety or stress.

15. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Bendy what you experienced certainly is odd, and not normal even within the cult. The nearest thing I can think of is upper indoc TR's where you gently control people around, and then scream at an ashtray, to stand up, sit on that chair etc. Maybe these people thought they could do this type of control on you, but couldnt. I dont really have an explanation. Maybe theyd all be staring at goats, maybe the ozzie army practice on wallabies or scientologists?

Whatever happened it seems to me that your power was adequate to shake their power, so pat yourself on the back, sit back relax lie down by the pool and have a gin and tonic in celebration.

16. supafreak

supafreak Patron Meritorious

Welcome, Ben! :welcome:

17. Doom

Doom Lurking.

Welcome Ben

Welcome Ben, To the gumleaf mafia LOL:thumbsup: I to was in at or around that time too.
    And as for that Physic power stuff, if they try it on you just punch them in the face ( this breaks their trance like state and their nose), but really i have never see this sort of thing in any CofS and it is not something that is taught there as far as I know.

Once again Welcome:happydance:

18. Ben D

Ben D Patron

Now that reminds me, some of the TR's I was doing seemed way to advanced for someone just off the street and into training. On about day three or four, the instructor sat me down opposite a person who had it turns out come in for this TR we were to do. It was a standard staring competition, first who blinks loses. IIRC it was somewhere between 40 minutes to an hour when this guy got up and called the instructor over and left without ever having said a word to me.

Now what was remarkable was that while my eyes had been watering from about the 20 minute mark, his eyes were perfectly clear right up to the end by which time my eyes were weeping continuously. I had not imagined it possible that I could maintain eye contact as long as that without blinking but must admit to being a very competitive in my younger days.

But he was clearly the better, and I thought he set the standard for which I and all scientologists must achieve in training.

Am I mistaken?

19. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

An hour of blinkless tr0 is a must for anyone who wants to attain that stary zombie cult look.:unsure:

20. Ben D

Ben D Patron

LOL

And Hi to fellow aussies, thanks for your welcome.