What's new

Ground Control to Major Dave

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Made my morning that did...:goodposting:

Copper wire tech, hey seuss, nutty, who said COB is following LRH?

The fact Marty and Mike are casually fishing and reminiscing about this
cracked me up, dear leader is off his rocker, nothing new but it hit a home run for me.

Thanks for the posting...

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
We already have a thread on this here http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=20903
I'll say again what I said there;

I just watched this and one thing that is obvious from it is that Marty isn't aware of *everything* Hubbard told us.
Grounding the body to "bleed off excess charge" is a Hubbardian recommendation.
Hubbard tells us to grab the nearest water pipe, DM has obviously taken that concept and stylised it.
I can't recall the exact reference on it but I've known about it since the 70s.

I actually enjoyed watching the interaction between Mike and Marty.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I havent heard of the Suggestion of Copper tech or grabbing the nearest water pipe to bleed off charge. So its new news to me, i never heard of it on lines.

COB stylising it?? he did better than that.

Made me laugh, thats what i liked about it.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
My point is that it is a Hubbard-tech thing. Hubbard spoke and wrote about grounding the body to earth.
The fact that you haven't heard of it is not surprising seeing as how Marty (Mr Tek) has obviously also never heard of it (or missed it).

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space

Interesting squirrel tech by dinky Davey described there. Does show a lack of understanding of resonance and how electromagnetism behaves in the radio frequency range. That second story "grounding" lead that Mikey was talking about is particularly interesting.

That lead (or pair) will probably be at ground potential *IF* you look at direct current behavior only. Two stories up--that length of wire is probably resonant somewhere in the 20 meter to 10 meter wavelength range. It is an ANTENNA.

People who operate radios legally in this range usually keep the power under 1500 watts. There are some renegades who play on the 11 meter band ("Citizen's Band") that put out 50,000-70,000 watts for short durations. If one of those happens to be nearby whilst the asthmatic dwarf is grounding one of his panic attacks, he could be reminded quite handily of the electronic incident that he is probably stuck in.

Do not try this trick at home--besides it is illegal. Do not try it near Gold Base when DM is grasping at straws, er um wires--because that would be bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faJs3kfwLVA

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
My point is that it is a Hubbard-tech thing. Hubbard spoke and wrote about grounding the body to earth.
The fact that you haven't heard of it is not surprising seeing as how Marty (Mr Tek) has obviously also never heard of it (or missed it).

It's in Scn 8-80. I posted the quote in that other thread you linked to.

Paul

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron

i see what your saying panda, i just looked at the quote Paul posted from Scn 8-80 and i have to ask as irrelevant as it is, has anyone had a session where they have experienced charge so powerful??

. Ive read Hats postings on powerful charge but thats about it.

AnonKat

Crusader

Can you give us a link ?

And did hubbard mean that semi-spritual ?

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can you give us a link ?

And did hubbard mean that semi-spritual ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Termint View Post

Lol, it's there somewhere. You don't think I made it up do you?
I first heard of it in the mid 70s, I think, so it's probably in a book or on a tape.

There was a time when I used to grab the nearest water pipe... oh wait, that was when I was smoking a lot of hash!

Seriously, what I find MOST interesting is that Marty (Mr Tek) has obviously never heard of it.

Posted by Paul,http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=502030&postcount=25
From Scn 8-80:

This vibration, theoretically, can increase to a strong current which becomes so great it is well to ground your preclear by using an E-Meter or letting him hold a wire in each hand which is connected to a bare water pipe or radiator. Otherwise, his MEST body may be damaged by the flow.

AnonKat

Crusader
No I do not think you have made it up. I just like to see it in context.

OT 3 was written acording to Robin Scott with Hubbard high as a kite in 1966 in moroco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Termint View Post

Lol, it's there somewhere. You don't think I made it up do you?
I first heard of it in the mid 70s, I think, so it's probably in a book or on a tape.

There was a time when I used to grab the nearest water pipe... oh wait, that was when I was smoking a lot of hash!

Seriously, what I find MOST interesting is that Marty (Mr Tek) has obviously never heard of it.

Posted by Paul,http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=502030&postcount=25
From Scn 8-80:

This vibration, theoretically, can increase to a strong current which becomes so great it is well to ground your preclear by using an E-Meter or letting him hold a wire in each hand which is connected to a bare water pipe or radiator. Otherwise, his MEST body may be damaged by the flow.