ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Has the game changed? What's going on between Miscavige and his lawyers and PIs?

Discussion in 'David Miscavige and Current Management' started by eldritch cuckoo, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Having dealt with PIs hired by Scientology Inc., personally, I've not found them to be nice people.

How do we know they're steeped in the gun culture for "giggles"?

Maybe they use the guns for something not nice, or like to imagine doing so.

A silencer, especially a non registered silencer, stinks of bad intentions.

I don't see the point in jumping to these guys' defense.

Do you know who they're working for now?

2. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

Well, Germany might be a bit different with the more restrictive gun laws and all that, but I could list quite a few gun-nuts who own quite a few illegal weapons. Machine guns, DIY-silencers, DIY 1-shot guns that look like regular ball-pens, boomerangs sharper than a razor knife, the whole program.

Many (if not most) of 'em are just slightly deluded weirdos, not a real risk for anybody.

3. mawena

mawena Patron with Honors

I'm not defending them these guys suck, I just know a lot of people who do the same dumb stuff and never intend to use it.

OK so I looked up the lawyer who represented the younger PI. This guy also rep'd some big time white collar criminals. I don't really know lawyers well enough but he does look like a high-powered criminal attorney. And he was able to get that guy a sweet sweet deal with no fine or jail time.

All evidence points to the fact that yes, these guys are nasty little PIs. Their change of heart or moral hesitation or whatever is a bit well timed considering he was under arrest and facing 6 years...

So ya I think it's reasonable to assume that they had the guns for more than just show. I mean, they could have left them at home, they didn't.

Do you know who the work for now? Have they been heard of since. It's clear that they're being protected from up on high.

4. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Thanks for that, he was in great shape then, I suppose it would be possible to work backwards from the affirmations with a psychiatrist and actually determine what was actually wrong with him.

5. Little David

Little David Gold Meritorious Patron

I've known people who would have legally target practiced more often on their own property but they didn't want the noise to bother their neighbors. It's not difficult for me to imagine someone like that trying a silencer. This father & son team on the other hand, were they just being dumb to bring a silencer and all those guns & ammo on a case? That's the most likely explanation in my opinion.

6. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Here's one psychiatrist's take on the 'Affirmations':

http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/hubbard-affirmations-examined.htm

7. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

This is a very interesting commentary on the Affirmations, but tl:dr so it might be useful to have the summary.
    From http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/hubbard...s-examined.htm

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  8. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Why not just skip it then instead of complaining about it?

9. Thrak

I listened to two hours plus of the tapes. I think they are who they say they are or were until they got arrested and questioned. Hope they saved some of that money. But yeah it makes no sense whatsoever that they were armed like that to take out an 80 year old man.

10. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

Who makes silencers for fun?
    Gun nutters..I know a few..just because they can make one, they do.

I have not listened to the recording yet but I will be a snob and say this: the PI was a "correctional officer", basically a prison hall monitor with a highschool diploma.. Not even a cop, let alone a detective! It doesn't take much to be a prison officer..and it takes even less to be a PI.

11. MissWog

I promise to read this later..I'm too tipsy at the moment..but thank you for writing to me!!

12. MissWog

They just do..and yes, for giggles..for macho man giggles..to show their buddies back at the trailor park while their children are playing with firecrackers and they proudly hang a confederate flag from their pickup truck.

Just because they can.

13. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

15. MissWog

No, when I'm drunk I'll be in bed with the room spinning.. But it is early to be feeling this high!
    Just being honest, my reading comprehension is about as good as my driving skills at the moment..so I'm not even going to try doing either.

Keeping it light..but..I can talk redneck gun nuts, I have plenty of experience with those!

16. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Thanks. I feel much better now. They're just a pair of good ol' boys

[​IMG]
    who work for this guy.
    [​IMG]

:)

17. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

18. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Concerning the likely psychiatric ilnesses of LRH,

Here is what professor Kent (sociology) had to say about LRH mental\personnality disorders.

http://npspartners.nl/pics_act/malignantnarcisme.pdf

My understanding is now that LRH was probably struggling with both

-mental illness ( likely a bi-polar disorder that worsen into psychotics peaks)
    -personnality disorder (malignant narcissist)

A mental ilness would not explain his pervert\ cruel behavior pattern , lacking any empathy toward others, (evident in his policies)
    a narcissism evolving into malignancy could better explain!

There was also a psychiatrist (woman) who also gave an interview about her take on LRH - I can't find it! (she passed away years ago)

* I caught a radio broadcast with people suffering from severe mental ilnesses like schizophrenia and they were talking about sociopath murderers..they said that a mental ilness would not explain either the lack of compassion or cruelty (unless a severe psychotic crisis)
    The majority of them said they would either never hurt anyone even into a psychosis or only defend themselve from a perceived danger when encountering a peak of a psychotic episode. ...:confused2:

The many deep depressions he encountered and space opera\time track hallucinations may be symptoms (also there was a heavy drug component to trigger it) of such mental ilnesses going into psychosis.

Drugs will worsen any mental issue, and narcissism often worsen when people age.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  19. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

Oh no, not another one of the "close your eyes, stick fingers in your ears and sing LALALA" crowd. :omg:

Look, if I could only see how that would help to change/improve anything, I'd do exactly that. In fact I DO do that often enough.

I kinda like EC and she does definitely have some good points, but what does it help when these valuable points are buried in an ocean of words? That's the reason why I just skip many of her posts - her points are most certainly there and valid, but buried under too many words.

I could have said nothing and continue skipping her posts, making sure that nothing ever changes, but I decided to say something potentially helpful, so sue me.

Oh, and before someone else mentions it: No, I'm not a skilled writer and often enough it's a damn struggle to get my own points across. Sometimes I even fail in that endeavor, but I keep trying.

You don't like that? Well, then feel free to take your own advice. :p

20. Thrak

Did you really just write that?