What's new

Has Tony Ortega always harshly censored dissenting opinion?

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I get a kick out of Scientologists who try to equate Scientology with other religions when Scientologists believe that other religions are dramatizations of ancient past life alien implants.
I get a kick out of people who get a kick out of Scientologists who try to equate Scientology with other religions when Scientologists believe that other religions are dramatizations of ancient past life alien implants.

Does this make me a tribal ninnie?

:hug:

Tanchi

Patron with Honors
I get a kick out of people who get a kick out of Scientologists who try to equate Scientology with other religions when Scientologists believe that other religions are dramatizations of ancient past life alien implants.

Does this make me a tribal ninnie?

I don't know!! I don't understand this concept of ninniehood. (Pardon my ranklessness.) But you raise a very good point. Very astute.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I don't know!! I don't understand this concept of ninniehood. (Pardon my ranklessness.) But you raise a very good point. Very astute.
Aww. Thank you Tanchi.

I love you too!

I think you just dinged to level one in the eternal MMO of Tribal Craft the online game of Ascendance!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I agree with you, but the one doing the ridiculing isn't a journalist if that's what they're doing. They are just an opinion blogger. And that's fine. As long as that's what you call yourself and you don't pretend to be a journalist and cry when the mainstream media ignores your stories.
Maybe Tony banned you because you set off his troll detector. And when you write stuff of this nature (that I made bold)
it seems that it was accurate. :whistling:

Tony's complaint with mainstream media isn't that it just ignores his stories, it's that they ignore all significant stories concerning the CoS.

The Los Angeles Times which covers an area with the highest amount of Scientology organizations is famous for that.

And the mainstream media doesn't just ignore Tony's stories. They've ignored some great stories published by the Tampa Bay Times (winner of 12 Pulitzer Prizes) in the past as well.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
No.

Moderating a commentary field pertaining to ones publishing space does not conflict with being a journalist.

The discussion whether Tony is a "real journalist" doesn't really concern me, since it is imported drama.

Want to make a thread on the matter? Do it, but it shouldn't be on the basis that Tony has banned one individual from his commentary field, in my opinion. It should be based on his journalistic craftsmanship.
This is true, and in fact, many journalists and bloggers completely disabled comments on their web pages, such as in this case:

Comments are making the internet worse. So we got rid of them.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...net-worse-so-i-got-rid-of-them/?noredirect=on

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Oh but man... The Washington Post....

Shurely that isn't a "REAL" newspaper now is it? Sounds like FAKE news to me!
Well that particular article in the The Washington Post was reporting on a different new site that disabled comments. The Washington Post does still allow for comments.

That said, many real journalists have completely disabled online comments on their sites. Here is another article about that:

No Comment! Why More News Sites Are Dumping Their Comment Sections
https://www.kqed.org/lowdown/29720/...news-sites-are-dumping-their-comment-sections

Last edited:

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Well that particular article in the The Washington Post was reporting on a different new site that disabled comments. The Washington Post does still allow for comments.

That said, many real journalists have completely disabled online comments on their sites. Here is another article about that:

No Comment! Why More News Sites Are Dumping Their Comment Sections
https://www.kqed.org/lowdown/29720/...news-sites-are-dumping-their-comment-sections
Omigawd!

Free speech is being under the attacks! Invade area 51! Speehs Aliens are coming to get us!

I must... resist... urge...

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I don't post on blogs and only rarely read them.
The format doesn't allow real discussions since the purpose is for one to post his comments and take on a topic. Almost all bloggers like to lead thought and dislike being criticized on their blog.

It soon or later becomes a guru fan place bowing to the guru takes.

I only read for the news they share.
Here, on esmb, we have Communicator I\C who did quite a good job in scanning the net and share news that are of importance.

In the event another board is available for us hopefully we will still have Comm I\C to keep reporting.

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Maybe Tony banned you because you set off his troll detector. And when you write stuff of this nature (that I made bold)
it seems that it was accurate. :whistling:

Tony's complaint with mainstream media isn't that it just ignores his stories, it's that they ignore all significant stories concerning the CoS.

The Los Angeles Times which covers an area with the highest amount of Scientology organizations is famous for that.

And the mainstream media doesn't just ignore Tony's stories. They've ignored some great stories published by the Tampa Bay Times (winner of 12 Pulitzer Prizes) in the past as well.
It's very understandable that Tony would complain that legitimate journos ignore him. He is incredibly biased, and they know it. He can ruin their careers if they listen to him.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It's very understandable that Tony would complain that legitimate journos ignore him. He is incredibly biased, and they know it. He can ruin their careers if they listen to him.

Can you or @Phil Rogers please link to an instance where complained that legitimate journalists ignored him.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Can you or @Phil Rogers please link to an instance where complained that legitimate journalists ignored him.
Have you forgotten all of his posts decrying the LA Times?

People don't take him seriously. He gets on TV every once in a while but he's not a serious journalist, neither by training nor trade.

He is a demagogic blogger, and that is his niche.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

People don't take him seriously. He gets on TV every once in a while but he's not a serious journalist, neither by training or trade.

He is a demagogic blogger and that is his niche.
No, I haven't forgotten his posts decrying the LA Times. Which is why I asked you or Phil to link to an instance to which you are referring.

The comments from him that I've seen decrying the LA Times are because they don't report important stories about Scientology. I doubt he gives a fat rats clacker whether they do their own original reporting or reprint either his or other stories.

Are you satisfied with how the LA Times has covered Scientology (or failed to cover Scientology)?

Last edited:
On one hand I applaud his posts and the harsh light he shines on Scientology, but on the other he has a shark to feed, and I recall one time it went badly - he, in his zeal to get a story, posted about Phill's bill board's location. Ruh - ro, Sine-a-ma-tology sprang into action and blocked them from using their primo location. Ultimately they did find one on Alvarado Blvd. But the impact was diminished. To me that was unconscionable. Putting his story before their efforts.

Similarly, his twisting some quote from DMSH to mean Hubbard was on board with child molestation - when it was an alleged session statement. It never made sense to me that was Hubbard's intent. But he got on that soap box big time. Feeding that shark.

Truth be told, those are small potatoes in the face of the good he does, and I am glad he has the desire to tangle with them. More power to him is my feeling.

Frankly they deserve all the bile from his spleen that he publishes.

Mimsey

Tanchi

Patron with Honors

People don't take him seriously. He gets on TV every once in a while but he's not a serious journalist, neither by training nor trade.

He is a demagogic blogger, and that is his niche.

He is also a published author.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I get a kick out of Scientologists who try to equate Scientology with other religions when Scientologists believe that other religions are dramatizations of ancient past life alien implants.
Revisionist history. Only Scientologists who have done OT3 believe this about all other religions. And some of those don't even believe that either.

So that leaves the majority of Scientologists who are not how you describe them.

Did you somehow forget all this when you became an antiscientologist or what?

Maybe you weren't in scientology long enough to know the truth? Or what?

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Revisionist history. Only Scientologists who have done OT3 believe this about all other religions. And some of those don't even believe that either.

So that leaves the majority of Scientologists who are not how you describe them.

Did you somehow forget all this when you became an antiscientologist or what?

Maybe you weren't in scientology long enough to know the truth? Or what?
Did you not hear of implant stations before OT3?

I knew about that shit and I wasn't even clear. It's in the books.

You didn't have to be an OT3 to be BSC in Scientology.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Did you not hear of implant stations before OT3?

I knew about that shit and I wasn't even clear. It's in the books.

You didn't have to be an OT3 to be BSC in Scientology.
Ditto!

I was aware of the original of Christianity according to Hubbard, while on the lowest parts of the "Bridge"

EDIT: While I believe that I had that understanding back then, I don't recall the specific references. It's been 30-40 years since I would have covered that material, and I'm not 100% sure now.

Did Hubbard mention that Christianity was a result of an implant in any of the non-confidential materials?

Last edited: