ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Healing and Scientology

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Magoo, Jan 18, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

HEALING

It takes quite a bit of time to heal from something as huge as leaving a cult.
    For those of us who were in longer, the process often is even longer.

I've found healing to be one of THE happiest times of my life.
    Today a critic, someone who often picks at me, wrote me the kindest
    PM. Why? They had some trouble, and I took the time to try to help them.

Did I have to? No, not at all. Did they have to thank me? Again, not at all.
    But as I wrote my response, I felt myself sigh a big sigh----it's a great feeling: HEALING. And I was happy for them, as well as for me.
    I knew we were both better for letting *some* of our disagreements go,
    and finding a common ground. :wink:

Healing isn't something that happens over night..it takes time, it takes
    growing, it takes letting go.

When I FIRST began posting, EVERY TIME I'D HIT THE "SEND" Button,
    I could feel some Junk blow off, and a little bit of healing happening.

If you haven't felt much, try digging in and telling some of your story--
    it's a great way to get it out, and once out, the healing begins. :

Happy Friday, and thanks to the person who PM'd me, as well as to ALL the many people who have helped me over the years, including ALL of the x-Scientologists and critics both. :cheers:

Tory/Magoo~~~

2. Lovesnightsky

Lovesnightsky Silver Meritorious Patron

Tory, this is actually an amazing post you have just entered. For me especially as it is only in the past couple of days that I have been able to start healing from my association with this church. In fact it was when I was ready to heal that I found this forum and your words are totally in tune. Telling what happened is healing.
    Thank you for existing and taking the time to write!!!

3. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Tory,

I would imagine that there is a lot of healing to do for those that were in a long time OR those that were born into this mind-control cult.

For me, it wasn't so much "healing" (I wasn't in very long) BUT re-evaluating the indoctrination and, thus, eventually getting it out of my mind. This took a few years for me.