What's new

Hello All!

Twin A

Patron with Honors
TwinA, I remember reading your story. I actually think we may have run into each other. I do remember a young girl on a motorcycle. Was that you?

Probably was me, I think I was the only girl with a motorcycle. I have found a picture of it here. 1968 Honda cb175-k. A cute little two cylinder/four stroke engine street bike that could handle a little dirt too.
honda-cb175-k3.jpg

It's nearly the exact same bike I had, but I had repainted it bright yellow with maroon trim. I don't like orange that much, unless it's on a Halloween pumpkin. It was kind of old and beat up when I bought it for 200.00 but I had cleaned it up and it ran fairly well. Wished I'd been able to keep it, it's considered "vintage" and "classic" now I believe.

Ah... the memories. The smell of gas, the first oval shaped tailpipe burn on my leg, that day I almost wiped out in the rain but miraculously didn't because I instinctively jumped up, stood up on my foot pegs and threw all my weight towards the wheels that were sliding out from under me..., getting up at 4 AM to practice driving it around my neighborhood before I had a license :whistling: ... oh and having a police officer pull over and give me advice on how to adjust the carburetor so the idle speed wasn't too high or too low :thumbsup: instead of asking if I had a permit :whistling:, and I must not forget -- the cheapest, white helmet I could find made me look like an astronaut head.

Yeh that was me on the motorcycle most likely.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Ah the good ole days :)

Looks a lot like my first bike, a '68 CL350 I got in a trade for a '59 Rambler I bought for $10 in 1969.

350left.jpg

Course, the high pipes were iffy for legs.

Zinj

Twin A

Patron with Honors
I don't want to hijack Daisy's thread and talk about motorcycles... but I had to say that this is one cool bike Zinj. The CL motorcycles were designed by Honda to be able to handle dirt biking too, but mostly they were for racing --- I guess they were the precursor to the "enduro" bikes that came out years later. That's why the tail pipe is higher and the rear fender is higher.

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Daisy

Glad to have you here!! Sounds like you have a long interesting history! Hope you're family crisis is resolved and we can hear more from you!!!!

:welcome2: :welcome2:

Wirestripper

Patron with Honors
Probably was me, I think I was the only girl with a motorcycle. I have found a picture of it here. 1968 Honda cb175-k. A cute little two cylinder/four stroke engine street bike that could handle a little dirt too.
honda-cb175-k3.jpg

Yeh that was me on the motorcycle most likely.

Didn't someone at Stevens creek have a bike just like that (but black) parked outside of SNC org for like 5 years?

I think it was Joey Percival....the BSO....That crap was so covered in dust... :p

boonies

Patron
Hi Daisy

We used to have Kevin McGreen fly to our mission and audit for us all the time in the '90s.
What ever happened to him?

And what about Carol Kramer? Is she in or out?

(If you don't mind my asking...yes, I'm nosy like that.)(And I really liked Carol and Kevin...)

Daisy

Patron with Honors
boonies,

Like Wirestripper said, Kevin was a teacher at LG academy. It is quite possible it is the same guy. He was/is married to Claudia. Carol Kramer, now that name is familiar. sounds way back when.

Mark A. Baker:
Hello Daisy! Do you know CarmeloOrchards? He's got an extensive history and numerous contacts in those parts.

Thanks, I'll check out CarmeloOrchards' posts.

feline

Patron Meritorious
:hysterical: I never thought I'll net Mick... the tough guy...

Now where are the ladies?

There might be... ahem... future plans... er... for tantra classes.

Just kidding. I don't want to ruin Daisy's thread.

Vinaire- if you are going to insist on being a hound dog, don't you think that the kitten disguise is a tad thin?

Just asking...

Back to the thread!