Hello and thanks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by George, Jun 17, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. George

George New Member

Hi, I've been lurking for several years, you have helped me so much! I have family still on staff and sea org, but most have left. I have only been volunteer and public. I was always the skeptical one in my family. Parent got in when I was a kid. I really believed the "tech" but objected to some stuff I read. Like homosexuals were 1.1, if women had power in a society then the society was going down hill, I remember not liking that but thinking well, maybe I don't like it but maybe it's true anyway. I didn't like the church, just thought the "tech" must be true. I still believed in a lot of stuff but reading here has opened my eyes, so thank you for being here!

• Like Like x 8
    • For you For you x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • List
  2. Veda

Veda Sponsor

If you'd like to write a little more about how you were helped, or your eyes being opened, plenty would be interested.

In any event, welcome.

3. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Hello George and welcome to ESMB.

It really makes me happy to hear that you feel better as a result of reading here ... as Veda mentioned we would love to hear more from you and you can always alter things (times, places or whatever) if you want to remain anonymous.

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Leland

Leland Crusader

Hello!

Glad you're here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Always nice to hear such a nice compliment from a lurker. You are welcome. Stick around for the laughs!

6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Hi George!

:welcome2:

7. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Hello & :welcome:

8. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Glad to have you here George.

9. Xenu Xenu Xenu

Xenu Xenu Xenu Patron with Honors

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  10. George2

George2 Patron

I love this song! I've somehow locked myself out of my account, I am sure I used the correct password, but I guess not! So I started a new account. Anyway, I think this place helped me so much once I dared to read it, because it opened my eyes to how messed up Hubbard was and also to the tremendous harm this religion has done to others. I was really scared to look, even though I have always felt doubt about this "religion". My parents said that the church wasn't the religion, that the religion was good, not the church. so I made excuses for the philosophy. Plus there were some things I really wanted to believe, such as I am not a body, I have a body but I am a spirit. I'm not sure about anything any more, but I really liked that idea and also the idea that we could truly help people become more powerful beings. But I realized after reading a lot here that a powerful being would not be doing all the harmful things like disconnection. A good powerful being would never be so scared of psychology, would not harm people just to control them. etc.

11. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Welcome, George!

:welcome2:

12. Dotey OT

Dotey OT Patron with Honors

Hello and Welcome!!!

I would love to hear your story, but since you have some family still in, you can keep the details pretty general. Don't name any names unless you want to.

Also would love to hear how the nearby org is doing, if you have any of the gruesome details.

13. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Hi, George!!

14. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Glad you liked the song. It was recorded before The Incredible String Band joined Scientology.

The members of the band eventually moved beyond Scientology.

Looks like your parents may be slowly moving beyond Scientology themselves.
    That doesn't necessarily mean rejecting everything in it, only not letting it dominate one's thoughts, loyalties, and actions.

Here's a kind of map of the Scientology operation:

Ex Scientologist - The Scientological Onion

Hope you find it useful.

15. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

You can do your own thing and retain your own beliefs outside of the mad cult mindset, many of us are doing the same thing ... the reality though is we will not know whether we are 'just a body' or not until we die (and may not know even then) ... it's all part of the mystery that hubbard was clever enough to utilise to entrap and turn into a business.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome!

But don't pay any attention to this guy. He's just some dumb hick from New Hampshire

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  17. George2

George2 Patron

Thanks very interesting, I think I only went to the 2nd layer, but obviously some family is much deeper.

18. George2

George2 Patron

yes! For a long time I was, I'll take what is good out of scientology. Then I went through a phase where, everything that Scientology says must be wrong, it is so evil. Now I am trying to learn to accept the mystery of life.

19. George2

George2 Patron

Thanks for the welcome! I actually haven't set foot in an org for a long time. Maybe I won't avoid the topic so much when my relatives want to talk about their Scientology,maybe I'll hear something. I doubt they would say anything that would put the org in a bad light though. Although one I know might actually be honest.

20. George2

George2 Patron

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I do feel I kinda know you since I have been reading here. Hugs to you all.