Hello, new with a question.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dreamchaser, Jun 13, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. dreamchaser

dreamchaser New Member

Hello all,

I'm not a long vet of scientology like many of you are. I did go to a seminar there and was considering auditing, but decided not to go that direction for multiple reasons (cost and nearest church location being the main ones).

I instead did many other modalities such as TM, Thought Field Therapy, Emotional Freedom Technique, and various other instruments and techniques in the space of personal development and spiritual freedom.

I have come a long way, and got to a place where I felt totally in present time and effortless bliss flowing from within. Currently, however, have a situation I must handle.

A few key points about it:

I'm 29, and currently am on dialysis. I must either stay on dialysis or get a kidney transplant (which means heavy drugs, daily for life).

I'm also dealing with what appears to be a past-life issue. It is like a heaviness that has emerged that I have not been able to shake with any of my usual methods. The biggest aspects of it are irrational fear and feeling like I fall out of present time.

I feel the dialysis would prohibit me from doing anything like the Purif rundown, so I was wondering, does anyone with training have any suggestions for exercises or techniques that might be able to help me get back into present time when I feel myself drift off?

Thank you in advance!

2. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

:welcome: Lucky you, you decided not to get auditing. SMART ! Well, keep that luck going and stay the hell away from scientology/co$. Find your answers somewhere else and save yourself tons of heart-ache - and quite possibly your life.

Keep reading. Lots to learn here about this kult of horrors.

3. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

You don't need anything from scientology. Just use google to find something else.

4. dreamchaser

dreamchaser New Member

I mean, I know there are horror stories...not discounting that. But I have been very impressed with many Scientologists I met, some of which left the church but still very much believed in the tech. Most of them said the tech was amazing but the organization had become corrupt. Is there anyone familiar with the tech that might have some advice for my situation?

5. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

Stay far, far away from scientology. Listen to your doctors...get second opinions if need be to be sure you are getting the correct information.

The purif 'rundown' is nothing but quackery designed by the Old Quack (Hubbard). It is unscientific. He had zero training in medicine, biology, physiology or any other science for that matter. The procedures were pulled out of thin air and some of them are dangerous (niacin overdosing).

Throw out the idea of doing the 'purif'. It is worthless.

One other thing. It sounds like you think that there is something very, very wrong with having to take drugs for the rest of your life to deal with a life-threatening condition. This is a stupid idea 'implanted' by the Old Quack that makes zero sense. Plenty of people take certain drugs for numerous conditions that provide them a quality of life that is otherwise unobtainable.

Your 'past life' issue is of minimal importance given that you have failing kidneys NOW. Get on the transplant list ASAP. You are young which, by itself, should push you towards the top.

Good luck.

Forget scientology.

6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Hi dreamchaser,

:welcome2:

I'm one who doesn't like taking drugs when they're not necessary, as all of them have side effects.

But in your situation it does seem necessary.

Dialysis, from my observations, is very hard on the body. Here is a reference about the long term effects on the body:
    http://kidneyschool.org/m16/5/

My brother was on dialysis after kidney failure and I donated a kidney to him back in 2010, after which his health and quality of life dramatically improved.

I would stay far far away from Scientology at any rate, regardless of whether you're qualified to do the purif or any other of their services.

I'm quite familiar with EFT (emotional freedom technique), and unlike Scientology its being studied scientifically. More and more licensed psychologists are using it and at some point I believe it will be considered mainstream. Are you using EFT on yourself? If yes, you might try using an expert practitioner for the issue you're trying to resolve.

7. Demented Hubbatd

Demented Hubbatd Patron with Honors

I am a former Dianetics auditor. I assure you that Dianetcs auditing doesn't help anyone, although some believe otherwise. But none of them could withstand my criticism of Dianetics practices due to very limited mental capacity. Of course, they are free to try again to prove me wrong.

Now, about the past lives -- I believe in past lives, and I was able to recall one of my past lives by using certain Buddhist technique. Perhaps, I had issues in my past lives, but they in no way affect my present life, As Buddha said, you can discard all erroneous ideas that you acquired in your past lives in this life.

The Dianetics procedure that purportedly leads to recall of past lives is deeply flawed. It would take too much time to discuss its flaws. Instead I will give you two examples of "recollection" of past lives Scientology-style:

1. My Scientology friend claimed that she was Marilyn Monroe in her past life. Well, she is not alone -- thousand and thousands of women claimed the same. Obviously, this cannot be true.

2. A female Sea Org member "recalled" that in her past life she was raped by a demon (a creature with horns and hooves); she was deeply traumatized by the recollection. Well, this simply cannot be true.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  8. arcxcauseblows

arcxcauseblows Patron Meritorious

Yeah let go of Scientology

The purif is just exercise and sweat except the niacin overdose which is for body thetans

Do you think you have body thetans?

Have sex

Go watch a comedy movie or see a live comedian

Have a nap

Meditate

Stop thinking so much and judging yourself you're probably fine the way you are nobody is perfect

9. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

:welcome2: Speaking as an Ex-$cientologist, if you're having organ issues (and even if you weren't) the last thing you need for your health is a purif.

I'm going to be succinct. $cientology is cult. It's that simple. $cientologists will tell you anything you want to hear with ulterior motives specifically aimed at your wallet and naivete. Please don't be gullible believing hubbard's pseudo-science lunacy. The horror stories about $cientology are true and that in itself should give you pause. As in don't walk, run away fast from anything stamped $cientology.

10. Demented Hubbatd

Demented Hubbatd Patron with Honors

Hello again,

I just want to add something to my previous post.

You, probably, would like to know if Dianetics procedures can cure you so that you would not need dialysis anymore.

In his book, Dianetics the Modern Science of Mental Health, Hubbard wrote that Dianetics completely cures such illnesses as low blood pressure, eczema, irregular heart beat, multiple sclerosis, all kidney disorders, and numerous others along with several forms of cancer.

As an auditor, I tried to cure people with arthritis (my Mom), multiple sclerosis (my Russian friend), stones (my former girlfriend) my neighbor with a kidney disorder (sorry, I forgot his diagnosis; his condition was less severe than yours, he didn't need dialysis) and 22 other individuals with various illnesses.

My hard work didn't come to fruition, none of these persons became cured or even improved healthwise. I am sure all other former Dianetics auditors will tell you the same. Do you want to waste your money on something that doesn't work?

Now, about getting back to the present time -- there is a technique that might help you do that, it has nothing to do with Scientology.

Start detailed planning of your future, decide what you want to achieve in your life, and write down everything in a notebook. Then implement, step by step, everything that you set to do. Do not let your illness slow you down.

Every day you may come up with new ideas of how to reach your objectives. Write them down too, and try to implement the most realistic ones.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  11. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

WELCOME!! You stated: "I'm not a long vet of scientology like many of you are. I did go to a seminar there and was considering auditing, but decided not to go that direction for multiple reasons (cost and nearest church location being the main ones). "

May I recommend that you do some research on Scientology and L Ron Hubbard.

There is no state of Clear, no help in Scientology - too many lies to get any lasting value.

Scientology is a SCAM!

WARNING - Scientology KILLS and causes major confusion.

It will rob you of your identity.

There is other philosophy's and practices that are FREE and valuable. L Ron Hubbard copied the good stuff from others and mixed in his lies and poison that will ruin you UTTERLY.

SCIENTOLOGY is manipulation and deceit! It is FRAUD AND A SCAM!

Don't DO Scientology! You have been warned.

If you do it - you are stupid!

12. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

oh - there is no proof of past lives either

The e-meter does not work

No science in Scientology

It is an evil cult that will destroy you

I saw people come in to get health issues resolved - they DIED!

Scientology KILLS!

13. Irayam

Irayam Patron with Honors

Hello Dreamchaser,

Frankly, there is nothing to add to the above posts.
    All the people above are correct and can be trusted...

All the best for your future health condition!

Irayam

14. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Welcome to ESMB, dreamchaser. :welcome2:

I'm sorry to hear that you have kidney troubles and have to go through dialysis. When I worked as an Aged Care nurse, there was a client I had to take to dialysis regularly. It's a harsh thing to have to endure and I sympathize.

I'm glad to hear that you were actually prohibited from doing the Purif, though, since the niacin and calmag would likely have killed you. Large quantities as required on the Purif can be toxic to the liver and kidneys and folks who have had previous conditions (known or unknown) have become very sick. Some have died when they were put on the Purif without a proper medical checkup by an authorized, licensed, objective MD.

As for drifting off, that can happen as a normal physical reaction to dialysis if you have low blood pressure, even to people who had wonderful past lives. See this article https://www.kidney.org/news/ekidney/january12/top5 for some good tips on dealing with side effects of dialysis like this.

15. EZ Linus

EZ Linus Cleared Tomato

When I first left Scientology, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. The church could not help me because they KNOW their tech does NOT WORK on illness (or anything else for that matter), so they refused to do anything with me.

Then it took me YEARS before I would swallow a pill prescribed for a doctor. Do you know where that got me? Straight into a wheelchair.

Once I finally gave into real medicine and did what the doctors said, I was walking again in a year and now I am in remission and my symptoms are managed.

BUT YOU...YOU are on dialysis! You will die if you don't get the transplant. None of this hocus pocus is going to "treat" your serious and very real condition. I suppose you can believe in past lives if you want to, but it doesn't matter for this situation. It really doesn't.

16. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

First off--welcome. Secondly, with health problems I double down on advice to avoid the Purif. I did a bunch of Scio prior to my Purif, because I became pregnant at a time when I was going to do auditing and blah blah blah. Anyhow, I was on my Purif a loooong time--so those who don't stay on such a long time may not have similar problems. I was on my Purif such a long time because I was looking for the End Phenomenon as laid out by the huckster who started this stuff. The End Phenomena are things that a person achieves or attests to having gained after completing a Scientology course or auditing.

Well--on my Purif there was a day where I could not speak or move after my run and niacin. You'd think that a doctor might be in order, but this was just "running something out" and eventually I was able to move again and they carried me into the sauna, dripped water into my mouth etc. I did come out of it--but wtf. I was aware of what was happening around me the whole time--but was frozen unable to do anything. This was explained as running out heavy anesthesia. uh, OK?

After my Purif I was elated, but I was left with recurring nausea that I sort of dismissed because I had a lot of it in the past. I was exhausted and eventually went down to the Scientology complex in LA for a Chaplain's Cycle and they sent me to the infamous Dr. Megan whoever down there. My liver was trashed. My LFTs were so insane that they assumed I must have had hepatitis go undiagnosed for a long time. Those all came back negative and got the Chronic Fatigue diagnosis and nothing else was looked at because well--my drug and alcohol history at the time would not explain it (although, later in 1984 fashion--damn if I wasn't pegged as 'extensive drug user' prior to this--that stuff all came years later and the drug stuff was brief and I didn't start drinking my ass off until I joined staff years later and was losing my fucking mind:yes:). I did some herbal cleanses and stuff and did wonder about the Purif-- but, it wasn't until I was out that I started reading about massive doses of Niacin for extended periods of time that I went !#@$.

Now, I also took too much Tylenol in high school to prepare for a big night out before it was know that stuff shreds liver--and I can't prove that the Purif contributed to the liver issues that I deal with today, but even if it didn't--the stress on the body seems like a terrible chance to take when there is no proof that it does anything (and I am open to things other than traditional treatments--but this is nothing I'd ever recommend to anyone).

Oh, also, as far as effectiveness for drug 'treatment'. I did hardly any drugs prior to my purif. All my experimentation came years later--

I once picked up the burial spot for one Ms. Norma Jeane Baker. I remember telling my auditor--yeah, that's BS. Every female at one point likes to think they might have been Marilyn--but the damn thing kept reading and would not read when checking for a protest or false read. I even KNEW it was false, but the auditor and meter and tech and when I told it, the whatever 'blew' and handled. Don't even get me started about the time I was nudged into spending a bunch of time talking about some insane leather doll body people running around beneath our cities.... seriously.

Auditing. Of course we loved the tech. OF course we got something out of it. Otherwise, we never would have stayed that fucking long. And once you start going... wait a sec... everyone around you seems to be having their lives saved and life is beautiful as a Scientologist and if you are dying inside? Shut the fuck up. That is your case--save it for session. Keep it off post (don't be sad or upset while working).

Folks want everything to be for a reason or to have not wasted years of their lives on insanity. Saying part was bad and ruins the beautiful buried stuff is easier. Those beautiful moments get blown up into tremendous glory. You hear the Scientologists glow and share their wins--then, as an auditor I'd take these same folks in session and hear about their terrible fights with their spouses; their daily turmoil--all the crap they buried because it would not be good public relations to be a miserable Scientologist.

And those beautiful wins I had? Yeah... there were some. Doesn't outweigh the pain. And the majority of those glorious wins? Well, stuff gets touched in the psyche. Beautiful false epiphanies occur. Happy shiny person at end of session. Underneath--tons of stuff in the psyche brushed up against-- activated under the surface, but not really dealt with. A false personality built out of fanciful wins. Years later--having to crack apart all the facade and actually deal with the demons that were unleashed and eating me from within.

yeah... I kind of hate Scientology at this point. And, kind of love my life now:thumbsup:

17. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

What others already said.

First, take care of you kidney problems with real medical assistence.

Stay away from scientology.

Second, consult with a licensed psychologist about the complaints you think are from past life experiences.

Stay away from scientology

Third, if for some reason help from a licensed psychologist doesn't help, but only then, you may want to seek solace in the alternative field. Maybe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_life_regression ? Almost by definition: there is no proof it will help. The only reason I mention it is that I have had it once (about 10 years ago), and after that I felt relief and the complaints I had never returned (not saying that the first led to the latter).

Did I already mention to stay away from scientology?

No?

Stay away from scientology.

ETA see my signature for loads of reasons