Hello people!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sommy-of-brero, Jun 28, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. sommy-of-brero

sommy-of-brero New Member

I was born into a scientologist family, never was too deep into it thank Darwin because my dad was more or less too broke to afford any courses or auditing, I got a few hours but thats about it. Stopped believing around mid 2018 and never went back since.

It's so fuckin fantastic to be free from that crap, just the mentality is draining. I kept nitpicking mysef and being overly critical while constantly forcing myself to be happy, dunno if anyone else experienced this but that mentality seriously messed with my head.

Anyways, I'm glad I found this forum. Again as I said, I was never too deep into this stuff, but I'm just glad to find a bunch of people who relate so much to me. I remember being sooooo jealous of my classmate who was my age and also a scientologist and regularly worked at the local church.

Oh yeah, and I went to a scientologist school, so that's fun. My principal was an asshat, and the school forced us to do the first bunch of drills from the communications course... in like 2nd grade if I remember. And we also were made to read "learn how to learn" and memorize all the study phenomena. The teacher would flip shit if I yawned 1 time and I have to admit I often made excuses to go play with clay cuz I totally had """lack of mass""" you guys yeah definitely

So uh, that covers the basics. I hope to make some new friends here, that'd be cool. I also wanna know how many of you guys were raised scientologists and how many of you are still teens, I'm 18 years old btw, born 2000.

• Like Like x 11
    • For you For you x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  2. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome to the board! Glad to have you here.

While my children went to a scio school for elementary, we were able to convert them to wog education for high school and they've all graduated from college and never got into the cult.

Stick around and you'll find plenty of threads to comment on and sooner or later you'll get connected to exes that are your age.

3. Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie Miss Ellie

Welcome and congrats on walking away. You have a lifetime of fun and games ahead of you.

As an "old fart" old enough to be your granny.. I will give you some advice. Go to college and get a degree in something that interests you. Pay as you go do grants etc. No loans and get out debit free. It may take longer but in the end much better.

Follow your passions and go for it!

4. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Welcome, sommy! There are quite a number of threads on the forum by ex-scientology kids, life at a scientology school, and growing up as a 2nd generation scientologist. Do try to locate them, as I’ve been told that they have been very helpful.

Understand that what you are going through is normal, so read, read, read as much as you can, and if possible try to connect up with people you may have known from your school days. If you want, just start a thread of your own asking if anyone attended the particular Scn school you went to.

Best wishes!

5. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Hey sommy!

:welcome2:

6. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Sommy :welcome:

7. Ohhh yes, I can relate, but from a Christian/Catholic perspective. I was in some culty Catholic groups, and those modes of thinking - thankfully - eventually drove me away from religion entirely. If you;re like me, you KNOW you won't ever go back unless you get the MacMurphy treatment from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Welcome! :welcome2: