ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Whattodo, Mar 29, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Oops! Wrong thread! I'll leave it here anyway

______​

The clarion call amongst the Independent Scientologists is that Miscavige has "reversed Scientology" and is using "Black Dianetics," and "Reverse" or "Black Scientology."

In the 'Technical Dictionary', 'Black Dianetics' is defined as "1. Hypnotism 2. There are those who, to control, resort to narcotics, suggestion, gossip, slander - and thousands of overt and covert ways that can be classified as Black Dianetics."

And yet, examining Scientology, it appears, since its inception, that Hubbard carefully constructed Scientology to be a mixture of both its "white" and "black" aspects, and that this mixture is, and always has been, Scientology.

Here's a sample cover of Scientology books from the mid 1960s and early 1970s, when all agree Hubbard was fully in charge:

[​IMG]

It features an image from what Hubbard believed to be a super-engram from 75 million years ago. During this super-engram, what Hubbard called "R6 Bank" images were "implanted" in the minds of billions of humans and human spirits.

All other Scientology books had similar images placed on their covers, and these images were to induce a state of hypnotic suggestion over anyone looking at these book covers, causing them to buy and read the book, and to obey its instructions, notably to contact their local "Org."

Was this "Black Dianetics"?

Below is the Children's Security Check of 1961. It inundates children - six and up - with questions about bad things that they, supposedly, did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMmnBXcYN9Q

Imagine subjecting a six or eight year old child to such questioning.

(Note: Children older than 12 would be subjected to the adult Security Check Question list.)

Is the Children's Security Check of 1961 "Reverse Scientology"?

And then there's Hubbard 'What to Audit' (later renamed 'History of Man') of 1952, where HUbbard tells Scientologists that, "This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillions years."

Isn't that suggestion? Isn't that 'Black Dianetics" or "Black Scientology"?

And there are many more examples.

How long will it take for the Independent Scientologists to recognize that Scientology is a mix of both "white" and "black" - carefully, deliberately, step by step, over many years, fashioned by L. Ron Hubbard to achieve his hidden agenda?

It isn't always as blatant as What to Audit's "This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years," or the Clearing Course, OT 2, and OT 3, where the content of the person's mind and/or space is told to him, or her, by Hubbard through the OT materials.

Sometimes, it's more subtle.

Using the old glue analogy, IMO, Scientology, as designed by its founder, consists of two main aspects: the solvent ("truth," "abreaction"/catharsis/"key-out" etc.), and the lacquer (the sea of words, half truths, falsehoods, smoke and mirrors, gimmicks, tricks, manipulation, etc.)

In the proper ratio, these combine to make a mind-glue that sticks a person to Scientology. Currently, Miscavige has screwed up the ratio of solvent and lacquer with too much lacquer and not enough solvent. (Without solvent, glue doesn't "work.")

____________________________________​

Usually, Scientologists can grasp the notion that "Black Scientology" might be used on "Suppressive Persons," but not the idea that Scientology's founder used "Black Scientology" on his own loyal followers. This is difficult to explain to Scientologists, since Scientology (Hubbard's teachings and "applied philosophy") is regarded as a "gift" from Hubbard for their benefit. Yet Scientology, as crafted by Hubbard, is a devious mix of "Black" and "White" Scientology.

Currently, about as far as "Independent" and "FreeZone" Scientologists can venture is to assert that corporate Scientology's current leader, David Miscavige, uses "Black Scientology." Beyond that, things become foggy for them.

In his confidential writings, Hubbard taught that Scientology's enemies should be subjected to "enemy tactics," and to the various mechanisms of the mind (and "reactive mind"), and Hubbard, in writings and lectures, would sometimes describe these and, on a few occasions, even warn the wide eyed and eager Scientologists that some evil force (not him of course, but the communists, Nazis, psychiatrists, etc.) could use Scientology to enslave - such is "the power the tech, :eyeroll:" etc. FZ and Indy Scientologists are fond of quoting these warnings. This, while remaining subject to many of the manipulative ideas and methods woven into Scientology by its founder.

Here are a few examples. There are many.

L. Ron Hubbard described himself as "Mankind's Greatest Friend," etc., so his writings and comments about "aberrative mechanisms" and "enemy tactics" never came across as a warning about himself. If anything, it made others more inclined to trust him.

For example, in Dianetics, what's "aberrative"? Something that equates to "survival." The "held down 7s" are "aberrative" because they're identified with the person's survival. "Survival," as a "mechanism" becomes "aberrative."

Even in 1950, Dianetics was presented as being a "race with the atomic bomb." The message was plain enough: Dianetics = Survival. No Dianetics = Doom.

And this continued into Scientology. One of many examples: In 1956, Hubbard wrote, "With Man now equipped with weapons sufficient to destroy all Mankind and Earth... The primary race on Earth is... the one being run between Scientology and the atomic bomb."

Yet, how many Scientologists read Hubbard's descriptions of Dianetics and Scientology as essential for Mankind's "Survival!" - and their own "Survival" - and thought, "Oh, Ron's using the 'Survival mechanism' to manipulate me"?

Another example from 1950 Dianetics is the "ally computation." Someone comes out of the blue and helps another person, helps the other person in some way or other. The "help" could be indifferently offered, or insincerely offered, but if the needy person regards it as aiding in his "Survival!" (or well being, or the alleviation of pain or the attainment of pleasure or relief), then (so the theory goes) the "ally" mechanism is in place and in effect. For example, an uncle, who may not be a particularly nice fellow, gets his little nephew a glass of water when that nephew is sick in bed and thirsty. The uncle (in the mind of the little nephew) becomes an "ally," and the uncle become identified with "Survival!"

Now, who would have thought that "Mankind's Greatest Friend," on whom the "Survival!" of Mankind, and the "Survival!" of each person (Scientologists, through Ron's "Bridge") depended, would use the "ally computation" and the "Survival mechanism" in order to deceive, manipulate, and exploit? Nah, that could never happen.

However, it did happen, and not only years later, but sometimes the same day, or previous to Hubbard mentioning a deceptive, manipulative or destructive mechanism or tactic.

But it was disguised, and so wasn't recognized. Hubbard's warnings about the race between Dianetics or/and Scientology and the atomic bomb were regarded by Scientologists as warnings by their, and Mankind's, #1 "ally," L. Ron Hubbard. Who amongst Scientologists suspected? Yet, the warning noted above - from 1956 - was less than a year after Hubbard had published, and distributed, his fake "Russian Psychopolitics textbook" http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg (which of course denounced Dianetics), a "textbook" that, amongst the haughty "Russian Commie"-sounding rhetoric, and a few brief references to psychiatrists practicing sex with their (unconscious) patients, "Pain-Drug-Hypnosis," shock treatment, lobotomies, etc., was a compendium of enemy ("Russian Communist") ideas and practices for "asserting and maintaining dominion over thoughts and loyalties."

From Hubbard's "Russian Textbook":

"The failure of Psychopolitics might well bring about the atomic bombing of the Motherland. The psychopolitical operative must succeed for his success means world peace... The end thoroughly justifies the means."

Even "Survival!" - used to manipulate - was mentioned in the fake "Russian Textbook":

"It is pointed out in many early Russian writings that this is a survival mechanism. It [the "Survival!" mechanism] has already been well and thoroughly used in the survival of Communism."

Hubbard's 1955 "Russian Textbook" was loaded with manipulative and exploitative ideas and practices, many of which were being used on Scientologists themselves - used on them by their "Greatest Friend" and ally, L. Ron Hubbard - ideas and practices which were, from the 1960s onward, and in some instances the 1950s onward, formally incorporated, by Hubbard, into Scientology doctrine and practice.

Yet, who suspected? Yet, it was right there. And because it was right there it was unthinkable.

2. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

True enough. Yet, it appears there may be some xenophobia going on regarding Whattodo not becoming a scientologist.

Perhaps an adjunct action could be to ask for a job performance evaluation ( in writing ) so he/she knows how (s)he is being viewed as regards work done and what is expected to improve. This has many different possible benefits.

3. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Aaron Smith-Levin gives one idea that could be used to get someone out. In my opinion, this could be a big risk, because he states the "Clear Cognition" which is a big-ass taboo subject for true believers. But it could work. I'd like to hear some feedback for anyone who tries it. I'm thinking it would definitely get you an SP declare, if that's what you were going for.

The video is on Tony's blog 3/30/17 at this link, below his article.

http://tonyortega.org/2017/03/30/du...get-a-saving-throw-on-that-engram/#more-38948

4. cleared cannibal

cleared cannibal Silver Meritorious Patron

People leave because they want to not because of something someone else says. All anyone can do is be supportive and be armed with the true knowledge and sources for it when the individual questions the tech or church. In doubt in other words. Exposing the member to this before this does much more harm than good as it will cement the idea of not looking or questioning.

One can do subtle things. I liken this to planting seeds. I take the opportunity to point out things in other religions or wacky groups and ideas and plant subtle ideas that hopefully they will eventually realize that Scn is just like these other groups. Like most seeds, most will never sprout but it only takes one to grow into a strong plant(idea).

Extremely slow and not certain but really the only route until one is ready to question. A direct frontal assault on Scn will always fail with an already indoctrinated clam. To use something from the Simon Bolivar thing I went through with Sterling, "fill your pockets with ammunition" and wait for your opportunity, with ammo being sites like this and especially stories of members going through similar things.

5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

:welcome2: to ESMB, Whattodo!

It's good to remind those still in scn of what they are missing in life that you are enjoying. Subtly, of course. :coolwink:

6. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Seeds that could be planted:
    1) "What would life be like if Scientology ran everything? Including HCO being in control of police and courts?"

2)Observe where they are lying (not hard to spot cases). Look at where they claim "straight up and vertical" statistics, versus reality (orgs with hardly any people doing courses or auditing). Once somebody observes a lie, it's easier to spot another lie. Then the thought becomes "What ELSE are they lying about?"

3) Where are the results?

7. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

This is a common mistake that non-scientologists make. Most scientologists have never heard of xenu or body thetans. Those things are part of the secret levels starting at OT III and most scientologists never get there.

By mentioning those things to scientologists you are just confirming to them that you don't know anything about scientology.

8. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I think this "Clear Cognition" stuff is a waste of time to be honest. I attested to Clear and went up to OT V and never heard about this "Clear Cognition" until I left and started looking on the internet. I certainly didn't voice it when I was in.

Apart from that, in my experience you can't just voice something like that and expect them to let you attest to Clear. I was a case supervisor and I wouldn't let anyone attest until I'd seen their pc folders and examined the evidence that they had attained the relevant case state. Just knowing the so-called "Clear Cognition" wouldn't achieve anything.

9. Whattodo

Whattodo Patron with Honors

All ok at the moment, under the radar so to speak. These conversations were a little while back but things are just being pushed abit more since they have been on course.

10. Whattodo

OT V that's pretty high up the bridge, how much did it cost to get you to OT V if you don't mind me asking? How and what made you leave?

11. Goodbye

Goodbye Patron with Honors

They are not dumb and will quickly find out what your up to, and someone could fire off a Knowledge Report which could entangle you with HCO, sec checks, B of I's potentially leading up to an SP declare.

So before you do that, you need to make sure 1.) You are done with the CO$, 2.) Ensure no family, friends, Business Associates/Employees will be lost in the process. If so, you are better off leaving quietly.

With the routine sec checks kiss 100K goodbye. Out here in Independent SCN you can get away with 15K or even less if it's being done properly.

12. Whattodo

I've never been in, i did a purif and expressed an interest in other courses but that was a long time ago, so I'm done with it.

I can't disclose too much just in case there is the wrong people reading this.

13. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

:roflmao::hysterical:

14. Goodbye

Goodbye Patron with Honors

:roflmao::hysterical:

15. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Here's some advice learned the hard way:

1. Dust off and update your resume.
    2. Are you being paid fairly? Scientologists (because of CofS pressures on their cash flow) tend to underpay compared to wog companies. Find out what you're worth.
    3. Perhaps send out some resumes and take a few interviews. What's the harm?
    4. Do they owe you back pay or commissions? Collect ASAP. Use any excuse (e.g. my sick aunt) to get your pay in PT.
    5. Keep a log of demands/suggestions by them that you apply tech (e.g. stats) or otherwise study Scientology. REALIZE for yourself that wog companies don't force employees to read/study religious materials as part of their job training.
    6. Take note of any refusal of pay increases or bonuses until you have studied Scientology or WISE materials.

Protect yourself my friend, because your Scientologist bosses, while under the spell of Scientology will not look out for you as you deserve.

Good luck!

16. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Scientology bosses, if notified by OSA that you are an enemy of Scientology, will be under obligation (in order to preserve their own "good standing") to do anything which OSA tells them to do to you, in order to damage you to the point where you agree (in writing) to be a good boy.

I agree that you should get out of there soon.

17. Camille

Camille New Member

This is great advice, I may try this with a dear friend of mine who has recently become involved in Scientology.

18. cleared cannibal

cleared cannibal Silver Meritorious Patron

Really I am not sure that leading a happy and successful life out of Scn is not the best way though a slow way to get someone out. The problem with this is that most of those still in have been fooled into thinking they are happy and winning.

The first step is being honest with oneself , a lot more uncommon than most realize and I am not talking just Scn here though they take it to the next level. A lot of people live in a fantasy world. Said all this before but for Whattodo's sake I will mention it again. I think Scn gets you to question your own feelings and to not trust yourself but to look to the great Hubbard for answers. The training and courses are much more damaging on this than the processing. I actually think the processing is beneficial until sometime in the grades. Not recommending them of course as it is just too dangerous to mess with and is not worth the money but giving some credit. I think you would get more out of talking with a close friend in this structure more or less. Background I guess as this is geared more toward a newly left than a never in.

19. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

You have missed the point Goodbye. What I'm laughing at is that you believe the narrative of invisible space cooties that were transported around the cosmos at superluminal speeds in DC 8 look-alike 'space planes' and were then supposedly blown up in volcanoes on earth aeons before these volcanoes actually existed. The list of inconsistencies goes on and on and yet you seem to believe this sci-fi garbage and in the person who originated it. Hilarious and tragic at the same time.

20. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Thanks, CC. Great comments.

Personally, I was miserable in the Sea Org and sorely missed all the wonderful freedoms, nature and delights of the real world.

My heart ached to spend time with my family, to have family barbecues, to go to dinners and weddings. Heck, even funerals.

More than anything I wanted the freedom to spend those unrushed hours with my child, hours for play, to take him to the park, to Disney World, to Six Flags, to buy him cotton candy and watch him squeal with delight to ride a carousel, to enjoy watching him learn and grow without any concern for stats, production time, or the other things that enslaved my mind to L Ron and Scientology and pulled my attention away from him.

We did those things after I left.

I still enjoy watching him grown into a remarkable man and thank God for every day I'm away from that cult to see and live the joys of life as they are. Life is beautiful and meant to be lived.