What's new

Hi from Tucson, AZ

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thanks. So what is OP?
It could mean "original poster" in a thread, which in this case would have been you.

Also I've seen it be used to mean "Opening post".

Edit: I see that Strat just beat me to in by seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
N
I think this is the nastiest reception I've seen given to a new person who had done nothing to offend since I've been here.

I'm considering suggesting to Emma that @freethinker be sent on vacation. This is the first time I've suggested that someone be banned, but I think his behavior in this case is so extreme it deserves a penalty. I don't think he's going to see the error of his ways by himself.

Can anyone suggest a reason why I should not do this?
No, I don't see any reason why you shouln"t have done it. It was right!

To the opposite of my good friend Trubs I find no more excuses To such abusive behavior using harassment and conducting sort of investigations and name calling toward specific targetted members.

Whatever his issue is, I empathetize but also think the "put on ignore" is the right thing to do with him for a peaceful participation on ESMB when his brain encounters too much conspiracy air bubbles so, for no apparent reason, one suddenly becomes one of his target! (And hopefuly he gets he better finds another platform for soothing his trolling urges but remains cool here...)​
Warm welcome To you
I am sorry for such unusual abusive sort of welcoming you had upon your landing on ESMB.

People here are 99% very friendly and easy going
although we have a major flaw; humour an thread derailing.:D
Congrats for the appropriate handling of FT behavior. ...since you bite, you now will be left alone....and also, the "put on ignore" button will ensure you a zen journey on ESMB.

I am looking forward to reading you on the board.
(And to be honest, we are in need of new members and their contribution)

Have fun now :)

Lotus

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Look, people, we all know Communication is the universal solvent and when in doubt - communicate and all that so ignore cuts the Comm flow and all that...and I don't know where the hell to take this now.

Nevermind.

**ahem**

Carry on.

Annie Bunny

"Take me to church" by Hozier. Perfect.
No, I don't see any reason why you shouln"t have done it. It was right!

To the opposite of my good friend Trubs I have no more excuses for his nasty abusive behavior toward some members on this board using harassment and conducting sort of investigations and name calling.

Whatever his issue is, I empathetize but I think the "put on ignore" is the right thing to do with him...one day he might discover there is something wrong with his behavior and net he better find another platform To conduct is conspiracy investigations and handlings of people.​
Warm welcome To you
I am sorry for such unusual nasty and abusive sort of welcoming you had upon your landing on ESMB.

People here are 99% very friendly and easy going
But we have a major flaw; humour an thread derailing.:D
Contrats for the appropriate handling of FT behavior. ...since you bite, you now will be left alone....and also, the "put on ignore" button will ensure you a zen journey on ESMB.

I an looking forward to read you on the board.

Have fun:)

Lotus

Thank you .I see what My mistake was : I saw sponsor on his profile so I though I had to answer his questions at first, but yes I do bite it got ugly fast. I just need to familiarize myself with the site : )

Annie Bunny

Look, people, we all know Communication is the universal solvent and when in doubt - communicate and all that so ignore cuts the Comm flow and all that...and I don't know where the hell to take this now.

Nevermind.

**ahem**

Carry on.
yes. Problem solved .

phenomanon

Canyon
Thank you .I see what My mistake was : I saw sponsor on his profile so I though I had to answer his questions at first, but yes I do bite it got ugly fast. I just need to familiarize myself with the site : )
Hi. Sorry you have been hassled. Just ignore it.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

So what is OP?

posted by stradivarius
Original Post
or Original Poster - no one seems to know which of the two...

Oh shit! I think I have made a terrible mistake!

Yesterday I gave someone a pass on their "OP" clay demo and the over-all label said "Operating Poster".

I've already written a KR on myself, but I am still wondering if I need to make up the damage by going back and correcting our student point graphs.

Annie Bunny

Oh shit! I think I have made a terrible mistake!

Yesterday I gave someone a pass on their "OP" clay demo and the over-all label said "Operating Poster".

I've already written a KR on myself, but I am still wondering if I need to make up the damage by going back and correcting our student point graphs.

Definitely correct the point graphs before Stradivarius or I have to bypass you : )

HelluvaHoax!

Definitely correct the point graphs before Stradivarius or I have to bypass you : )
LOL!

Oh No!!!

You have put me in "DANGER" and now I have to search to find someone lower on the command channel to assign "DANGER", so I can order them to write up their overts.

Then others will still assume I am a big being taking total responsibility!

guanoloco

As-Wased
LOL!

Oh No!!!

You have put me in "DANGER" and now I have to search to find someone lower on the command channel to assign "DANGER", so I can order them to write up their overts.

Then others will still assume I am a big being taking total responsibility!

Maybe it will just be a pink slip.

No One

a girl is no one
1) Have you seen worse directed at a new person who had just joined the board, who hadn't done anything to deserve this kind of abuse?
2) Freedom of speech isn't the issue. I have no problem with FT claiming the earth is flat or his posts in the Trump thread, which I seldom look at. It isn't about expressing a point of view, it's about being gratuitously nasty to a new person who'd done nothing to deserve it.
3) Come on, you know what "person of color" means. And then he calls her "Rashida," stereotypical name for a black woman ...
The only Rashida I have ever heard of is Rashida Jones... Actress from The Office. I never heard of that being a stereotypical name.
I do not generally think in terms of stereotypes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashida_Jones

4-6) Just putting FT on ignore would work for me or someone who knows how the board works, but a new person doesn't and shouldn't have to put up with what Annie was subjected to.

You had asked if anyone had any comment as to why it should not be done. I answered... if you didn't want opinions, maybe don't ask for them and just leave it to the admin? It was only my off the cuff opinion at that time. Sometimes I do a bit of the devil's advocate.

Re: Ignore - Not only this board works that way... Most any internet site, phone, other - has a feature that "works that way". Be it Tinder, Facebook, etc.

The whole thing was unfortunate on both sides. I'm glad it appears that the drama is over, Annie may be staying, and I wish her only the best.

P.S. I think I'm bad at trying to do the quoting thing. :D

No One

a girl is no one
I've deleted most of FT's posts on this thread. He's also on a little holiday. I saw nothing in what Annie wrote that could account for his rudeness. Annie please accept my apology for the reception you've received from a supposed "free thinker".

I've received your messages and will delete your account if you still want me too. I hope you change your mind. Not everyone here is an arsehole. In fact 99% are really nice. I hope you stay.
Was my post deleted also? I only see where it was quoted.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
The only Rashida I have ever heard of is Rashida Jones... Actress from The Office. I never heard of that being a stereotypical name.

You had asked if anyone had any comment as to why it should not be done. I answered... if you didn't want opinions, maybe don't ask for them and just leave it to the admin? It was only my off the cuff opinion at that time. Sometimes I do a bit of the devil's advocate.

Re: Ignore - Not only this board works that way... Most any internet site, phone, other - has a feature that "works that way". Be it Tinder, Facebook, etc.

The whole thing was unfortunate on both sides. I'm glad it appears that the drama is over, Annie may be staying, and I wish her only the best.

Hmmm, off to the re education camp for you!

I think I got it though... lol.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Maybe it will just be a pink slip.
1. Did you mean pink slip?

2. Or pink sheet?

3. Or possibly pink legs[bcolor=#ffffff] (sticking out)?[/bcolor]

PRO TIP: The first one is a wog remedy for downstats. The latter two not only debug & delete downstats--but DBs too!

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron

Long before Rashida Tlaib and Rashida Jones, there were lots of black women named Rashida. Trust me on that.

Yes I did ask for comment and I appreciate your contribution. I didn't mean to give the impression that I didn't. If so, my bad.

I'm glad the drama is over too. I agree it's unfortunate, but I think this was the appropriate action under the circumstances.

guanoloco

As-Wased
1. Did you mean pink slip?

2. Or pink sheet?

3. Or possibly pink legs[bcolor=#ffffff] (sticking out)?[/bcolor]

PRO TIP: The first one is a wog remedy for downstats. The latter two not only debug & delete downstats--but DBs too!

OMG! You're right! Pink sheet!

Strat is gonna chew my ass...

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Yes. With a T. Strativarious.

Paul
Oh dear, I'm going to have to stop logging-in so soon after I've got up. Yes, ms Bunny spelled my name with a 'd' instead of a 't', but now you've gone and got the last bit wrong and I really don't know if it was for a joke or not. Fuckit, think I'll go back to bed ... :biggrin: