ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

How Come Emma Got Removed From RFW?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Lawrence Toomajan, Aug 21, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

That's near Newfoundland, isn't it? :coolwink::p

2. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

3. shanic89

shanic89 Patron Meritorious

Shhhh I was undercover until you told them how to get here...... oh yeah so I see.

4. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

That's a Facebook page you're on Gail, not RFW. You're not on RFW. You gotta be *real* bad to be on RFW, like Zinj.

Paul

5. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh, damn, here I thought was my one chance to be a celebrity on ESMB. The above is what came up when I googled. (My initials are GD) Why does it cite RFW? :confused2:

6. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

It's because someone posted a link to the RFW site on the "GLBT strike out against Scientology" page, where you may have commented or used the "like" button. - Hence the match found by google.

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=112320742113591&share_id=100959503283771&comments=1

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  7. Good twin

Good twin Floater

You are already a celebrity Kutta. We are all making history on ESMB. :yes:

8. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

Gee, you're right GT. We're all A-listers!

9. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

:thumbsup:

10. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

The worst of the worst! The Biggest, Baddest-Assed SP's around DAMMIT!

yeah!

Yeah!

YEAH!!!

11. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Yes, our stats are straight up and vertical with unprecedented expansion. :D

We even have our very own newpaper, the SP Times. :yes:

12. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

MrN - a question

What is 'proxying up'?

13. Lurker5

ugh oh

Ugh oh - I have 'like'd a few things on FB that would get me in trouble with co$ - however nothing came up on me in the google search RFW (except something about domain name??). :unsure: And co$ keeps sending me $h!t. We need a thumbs down icon . . . . :whistling:

14. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

he he I recently marked a Narconon ad a "friend" "liked" as spam....

15. Lurker5

Way to go :)

/\ Way to go :clap: :yes: :thumbsup:

16. MrNobody

It means you use a proxy :)

OK; I'll demonstrate my Wog powers and predict that you want a more detailed answer. :)

OK, you want to visit a site but you don't trust that site, so you want to hide your data, especially your IP address - your personal unique Address that identifies your computer to every computer you connect to.

So you use a proxy - a service that takes the data you send, and trtansmits it to the site you want to visit. Then is sends the data that it receives from that site and transmits them to you.

So it's a little bit more privacy for you. IF you're doin' it rite.

:cheers:

17. Lurker5

Thank you, MrN

Thank you, MrN - yes you did right in guessing I'd ask for more, lol. Now - how is that done, through what site? Do I go get a free email account somewhere and go that way? Or what? What site does 'proxies' like that?

Bet you could have guessed I'd ask that too . . . Not that I am ever going to need that. I already accidentally landed on a real scn site - for like - 2 freaking seconds - and now I get spam snail mail up the wazoo :woohoo:. :confused2: What's a critic to do? :duh:

18. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Landing on a Scn site shouldn't get you email spam; unless you gave them your email address.

Just sayin.

Zinj

19. Lurker5

No I did not

Nope, Zinj - I did not do anything but land on a site. I was googling ex/critic stuff, and accidentally landed on a real scn-o site. :omg: Eeks. I got the hell off. Then I started getting mail. No shit sherlock.

Now, I did take courses at a scn-o place approx 30 yrs ago. I assumed they still had my name some place, made a connection, got my new address - and whamo. I mean, it COULD have just been a coincidence, they went into archives and got old names, looked up addresses online - maybe a stat push/thing - but it did not seem like a coincidence to me. The timing . . .

I had not gotten mail from co$ since I had my landlady, approx 30 yrs ago, return a piece of mail to me with the word 'Deceased/Return to Sender' written on it. :D

Now they know I am alive and still ticking . . . How did that happen?

Edit: Just so ya know - before I ever knew about or found ESMB, I was searching internet for stuff. I had not zeroed in on anything scn-o for a number of years - like before anons, etc. I think I saw an article on BFG's book - and boom, I was off and running again - last Fall approx. My searching got me here - as well accidentally for a few brief secs to a real scn-o site :omg:
    I used to think I was safe, as long as I was getting mail from co$ - you know - they don't know - about me, heh heh. But then I soon realized, from reading here, the co$ mailers/callers (got those too - I quit answering my phone and set up my answering machine to torture them & marketers) are trying to make stats - dm is up their - well he is breathing heavy . . . You get my point. Even if I was declared I'd still be getting spam from the co$. :yes:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  20. MrNobody

You just to go to a proxy site, like for example http://www.hidemyass.com/, or www.freeproxy.ca, enter the URL of the site you want to visit in the URL field of that site (NOT your Browser's URL field), and hit enter.

BUT... the thing is: As long as you don't know exactly what you're doing and what happens "behind the scenes" technically, it's pretty much just a fake security. Of course you'd have to trust that proxy, too, and not every site is beneficial, even if it says so.

I think it's safe to assume that you're on an out-of-the-box Windows system and didn't do much manual configuration, if any at all. Since I don't have the slightest clue what software you have installed, and how each piece of software is configured, and what kinds of automation each of them uses, it would take more of my life than I probably have left, to list all the possible ways - even if I make a VERY optimistic assumption about my remaining life time. :)

Therefore: Sorry, but I can't help you with that.

Check what filtering options your Email Servive Provider offers (in these days almost every one offers some), configure your filters properly, and you're done.