ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

How Dangerous is New OTVII (Solo NOTs)

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by mate, Jan 27, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Reasonable

Reasonable Silver Meritorious Patron

Hubbard was famous for making up statistics such as how you won't get sick if you do these proceedures. But.....this is just as bad. You really have no idea of the statistics of how many people get caner or not after doing these levels. It could be high could be low or it could just be the same as the normal population ( which is what I personally believe) ....but none of us have any idea. Your article is interestign but I think when giving statistics you should really know the statistics. And you don't....neither did Hubbard....don't be like him

2. yeah...

jeez the incumbent and the GOP field are so mediocre this year it's a shame ron can't be thirtyfive yet

3. crm1978

crm1978 Patron with Honors

Hate to be a party pooper but if there is any truth to the OT levels why don't all of the non OTs who read the Zenu stuff go insane when their cases get restimulated? The only thing got stimulated for me was my funny bone! Hubbard was a science fiction writer but the Zenu stuff is B grade Sci fi at best. Bet LRH laughed all the way to the bank that people would pay major $$ for something that silly

4. Ted

Ted Gold Meritorious Patron

I bet that by the time he got around to writing OT-3 he had come to believe his own tall stories, and he was deadly serious.

5. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yep, that's my take on it too. It was a "deadly serious" activity.

6. KissMyStats

KissMyStats Patron with Honors

the most dangerous thing about it is that you'll go broke and lose your mind wondering why you were so stupid to let yourself go broke so you could do this stupid shit

7. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Took the words..........

:grouphug:
    LRon de Con~ :furious: *sigh*

8. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for your posting everyone. I am very interested in understanding this. May I ask you what your spiritual beliefs were before Scientology? Did you believe in God? Did you believe in the Devil and what are they now that you are out?

I believed in God and after a few years in Scientology, found myself with no God, no angels, nothing. "hipp-hipp-hurray?"

I send you all love. :bighug::love2::love2::hug:

9. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

That's to be expected. It's because Scientology is not a religion. It employs religious cloaking in an effort to deflect critics (and it worked, mostly, back in the 1980s), but it's as ungodly and cynical a scam as anything yet invented.

The thing about God, though, is that He forgives everything. He receives any who come back to Him. He hears, when you're ready. Even the split-second prayers of the pilots of doomed aircraft... He knows.

Angels... I'm not so sure. There's an awful lot of highfalutin Renaissance guff bolted on, there. The essence may be simpler. God will hear you, though, if you choose to speak to Him. (No church necessary, and no donations necessary. I will personally come round and spank the first person who says God is "out-exchange".)

10. Zelda5

Zelda5 Patron

Wow i really enjoyed reading some of the replies on this thread.. thought i would put in my own beliefs!!

My sister died a few years ago and having not been able to deal with the greif very well i put my energy towards scientology thinking it would be my "saviour" because it just HAD to be true right? Wat a load of crap and waste of money/time that was!!

I put my faith now in a higher power, whether that may be god or angels or whomever..I actually enjoy my life now knowing there will be no more "study", scientology lingo, word clearing for hours, being put down about myself or friends who play up once in a while because they are an "SP" (uhhhh how about they are just normal average human beings with issues like the rest of us??) I wasnt in for long but the time i was it felt like constant jail time and harrassment!! .. I believe everything happens for a reason and i am excited to live my life the way I want to!!!

Thankyou Forum!!!! :happydance::clap::coolwink:

- Z

11. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

I'm Christian. I did believe in God before. Still do. I think God probably communicates with us somehow, through "conscience" or the Holy Spirit or whatever you want to call it. I had a huge amount of "bad feelings" when I was doing the Dianetic stuff, and I finally decided to look online because I was sure it was God trying to tell me to run away. I looked and I ran.

I think angels exist in the metaphysical sense. I also think that there are angels among us. If you pray for it sincerely, God will send you who you need to help you figure this all out.

:yes:

12. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

I like the idea that we are all part of a huge entity, call it god, call it whatever, but I like the concept of a universal mind just making us out of ourselves to play with eachother. evil? Well that is just one of the flaws one should avoid, just like a sick man's rambling words of how we all should live...... thanks LRon.

:whistling:

I am pretty sure by every good act I do I do my part in divesting my own mind of all that is abstract, kinda zen thingy, but it keeps my integrity in tact.

:cheers:

13. Idle Morgue

I did Scientology for about 5 years. I saw a tiny little group of people with more people dead within the small Org than all of my life. (45 years old). I freaked out when one 40 year old woman went to the MECCA of technical perfection to do some auditing and within one year of returning was diagnosed with brain tumor.:bigcry: Died one year later. Another young man died of a heart attack. WTF?? :nervous: Another 30 year old ex staffer committed suicide. :bigcry: 1 OT died of cancer. :no: Another one died of old age most likely. Not to mention I noticed I became more and more isolated in life. WOG land became unbearable. Scientology became unbearable. WTF??

I thought Scientology was suppose to help people survive. I became more and more disenchanted! I eventually got the hell OUT!

14. Spirit

Spirit just another son of God

Re: Part 5 . . . The Danger of OT3-S/NOTs

Interesting stuff in this 6 part series of posts. I have looked thread over several times for Part 6 (on relationships). Perhaps it was not labeled. Will look again.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  15. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: Part 5 . . . The Danger of OT3-S/NOTs

spirit, that bug of yours is like an april fools joke that never stops.:bug:

16. Gib

Gib Crusader

NEW. :hysterical:

New era dianetics for OT's.

What about KSW. :laugh:

Say, what else is "new" in the church? :laugh:

Discovered "lost tech" by the great DM. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

KSW. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

17. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

You're allowed to say "new" you're just not allowed to say "old". :biggrin:

18. Gib

Gib Crusader

and so the COS continues.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

So much for KSW.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

19. Idle Morgue

OT levels sound just absolutely crazy - I am so grateful that the confidential materials were on the internet and now I really understand why the Church of Scientology does not want their customer's to see them....it makes many run and never come back.

Thank God for the internet!! It is saving lives every day!

20. Spirit

Spirit just another son of God

Re: Nick, Lucid as Usual . . .

I think I found it. It can't get any better than this.
    Roger, Great stuff here. I am getting blown away by following your posts, literallty!! I like the thought of a spiritual team over controlling BTs.

Last edited: May 9, 2013