ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

How did you spend Christmas?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Nec_V20, Dec 25, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Nec_V20

Nec_V20 Patron Meritorious

A) With Family

or

B) With people you actually like.

2. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

A and B.:yes:

3. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Patron Meritorious

With my Lady and with people I like. I personally find family gatherings to be claustrophobic events to be avoided at all cost.

4. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

This was my first Xmas without a family gathering. Not my choice though, thanks to Scn. It was very quiet! The people I am with are the ones I love and who love me, so it was good. :)

5. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

It started snowing here at 4 am this morning - its 4:50 Pm and its still snowing.

it has been a white Christmas - that's fer sure.

Had breakfast with our neighborhood friends and the rest of the day - just us.

Wonderful.

6. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I am glad you were with loved ones but I am also truly sorry that you are going through this stuff because of CofS.

I hope that you have an especially wonderful New Year as well and that all the days that follow are each more special than the one preceding it.

:)

7. Free to shine

Thankyou Fluffy! I must admit, it was a weird time....yet it is also another experience to experience, if you know what I mean. I have been using Lionheart's ideas about letting it go, being in the moment etc and that really is tremendously helpful. We each have our path to travel and it is the here and now that is most important. And I do have many things to be grateful for, to appreciate and to create with those that do want to be in contact. :)

8. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

They say you are disconnected - they are, I'm afraid, lying!
    The lie is evident by the effort they put into the trying.
    A mother's heart is pure and true and a daughter's love is undying
    Here and now all is one and forever together in the tying!​

Let me know if I can be of any help.

9. Flyonthewall

Flyonthewall Patron

Christmas is over and it's Thursday evening! Get your stats turned in and have your evals done before securing. Screw the middle class! We're the Sea Org and we come back!

10. beyond_horizons

beyond_horizons Patron Meritorious

Still in my motorhome with family and a friend. Sitting at the dock of the bay waisting time!

http://www.campland.com/

11. everfree

everfree Patron Meritorious

>How did you spend Christmas?

Not on post! hehehehehehe

12. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

:happydance: Me either!!! :happydance:

13. Free to shine

That is beautiful, thankyou so much...
    Sent you a PM. :)

14. petraph33

petraph33 Patron with Honors

not on post

No, I was not on post either and I was so happy about that, a real relief. Being home, with my loved ones. But I must admint I spent some time thinking about the brother who "disconnected from me" (even though his wife did open my x-mas greetings which I sent to my bro and her :yes: ) ... and thinking as well about all my old friends still trapped inside, who might not have a x-mas at all. Probably just a x-mas dinner for 45 minutes and back on post, or not even that. Surely no more of those nice x-mas parties, beer and cheese, day off and all that KK business which did bring some fun into things at least once a year. It already stopped being celebrated in CLO EU while I was still there end 1990's, so I wonder how it is nowadays....??? :unsure:

But well done to all of you who enjoyed x-mas to the fullest and made the most out of it with what they have now, like I did, enjoying real love, true friendship and freedom to do just what one likes. :clap:

Here's to a new year that I hope will release more of those still trapped and bring down that house of cards completely! :happydance: :yes:

Petra

15. Voltaire's Child

Lionheart,

You rock!:happydance:

16. Pascal

Pascal Silver Meritorious Patron

my xmas

I spent xmas with HIV-positive kids and their parents in the NGO of a female friend of mine. Very theta people, one kid was a blast, so active. Sad that some thought that was wrong (hyperactive child). I thought this was my most christian of xmas's. If anyone wants to help this NGO pm me. They need a big hand.

17. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

We all rock! :thumbsup:

Christmas is for me symbolic of the divine taking human form.

We spent Christmas tending to my 99 year old father-in-law who is rather impatiently waiting for and wanting death to arrive.

He was a somewhat famous opera singer in his time. While on his death-bed this Christmas we played him his beloved Opera CDs and he mumbled and sang along as best as his body would allow.

So sad, so magnificent! :)

May he and all of us leave our human form while singing! :happydance:

18. Voltaire's Child

It sounds like he knows what he wants and when. And surrounded by loving family- how wonderful.

19. The Oracle

The Oracle Gold Meritorious Patron

Both. I love Christmas day with the kids. I love watching the christmas wrap fly everywhere and the little pajama's running after the next under tree. I love cooking all day long and watching people eat. For me, Christmas is all about watching the kids have one big huge HAVE moment. It's amazing how little it takes to make a kid feel like they have everything they could possibly wish for. Not just my kids but all the kids in the family all over the world. I start shopping for them early in the year. My dogs know when it is Christmas day too! They know they are going to get a huge plate of all the yummy leftovers and new collars! Christmas is the one day of the year I set aside just for my kids. The phones turn off and the gates to the property close and the day is all about them. I savor the joy of their life on that day. Children are very temporary trusts. I have to wallow in it fully at least one day of the year. Then, there are all the cool toys I get to play with too when they want someone to play with!

T.I.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  20. Nec_V20

Nec_V20 Patron Meritorious

theillusioness,

in the Western Christian World the USA is unique.

Everywhere else the main time of family feuds and strife is Christmas. In the USA it is at Thanksgiving (with Christmas coming in a close second).

By far the happiest time is Easter (which has been canceled for next year - they found the body). I think that is because it is not a time where family is expected to get together.