Hubbard, nutrition, diabetes.

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Mimsey Borogrove, Sep 9, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Oh, Ron. I remember being in Angel Charon's office ( not sure of the spelling ) overhearing a conversation about Hubbard's understanding of nutrition being in the toilet, that not all protein came from hamburger, as he claimed in his hcob Pep. The argument centered on vegetarian diets that could provide plenty of viable protein if structured properly, in opposition of the HGC admins and auditors denying vegetarianism was valid to provide the needs of an HGC PC.

It made me wonder about the man who on held up Adel Davis on one hand, and fed his staff rice and beans on the other. How in the late 60's the orgs were plastered with signs saying one should get a medical examination before embarking on standard dianetics. Yes, I had one of those examinations, where in the Dr. shoved a stainless steel viewing tube up my butt to see if my colon was up to snuff. Humpf.

Well, my butt's inner plumbing was ok, and years later I was examined yet again prior to redoing the purif at Flag, by a Dr. who did such a skimpy examination - it could only be on a par of the hookers on New York's lower east side scanning potential johns.

Hubbard famously claimed all manner of cures could be attributed to the relieving of the influence of engrams, and their brethren, secondaries, locks, prenatals, and similar ilk found in former lives.

I have been living in that grey zone above normal, below diabetic for several years. My hemoglobin has been ranging 6.2,6.4,6.1,6.3,6.3,6.5,6.3,6.0,6.0,6.4 from jan 28 2015 to june 8 2019.

Normal
    below 5.7 percent
    Prediabetes
    5.7 to 6.4 percent
    Diabetes
    6.5 percent or above
    https://www.niddk.nih.gov › diabetes › overview › tests-diagnosis

My weight was around 212 at the start and I was able to get it down to 206 when I tried dabbling with the keto diet and brought it to 201 ish. After being on the Wheat Belly diet for 2 + months I am at 191.

I found a book my wife bought - Wheat Belly - on our book shelf and started reading it. On the first blush, it seems another cray cray diet - eliminate wheat from your diet. Wheat is good - whole grain wheat is better is the go to argument. But the wheat you eat daily is not the wheat your ancestors ate. They ate Einkorn. For many thousands of years. And were not a population of the obese we see today.

The wheat you eat today has been so manipulated it can not grow on it's own. It will die in the fields. It has a higher glycemic index than sugar. The einkorn has more protein and grows wild. Modern wheat was designed to promote easy harvesting, rapid growth, high gluten content. It is the very definition of franken food.

What happened to me when I cut out wheat? I stopped having brain fog. More than anything - that was the most striking. My blood sugar dropped. Yep. I tested it. What is the biggest complaint I hear ballyhooed on ESMB? Subjunctive wins are bullshit. Where's the science? I bought the dingus that you poke your finger with and stick a probe in the drop of blood. I was determined to get the science.

Here's the science:
    July 10 2019 through July 21
    127 mg/dl, 113,138,105,113,97,105,107,112,109,102, 122 all taken on arising in the am.

"Normal blood sugar levels are less than 100 mg/dL after not eating (fasting) for at least eight hours. And they're less than 140 mg/dL two hours after eating."
    https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/qa/what-are-normal-blood-sugar-levels

And there's this:
    "The dawn phenomenon

High blood sugar in the morning can be a problem, but treatment can help to reduce this risk.
    The dawn phenomenon relates to natural body changes that occur during the sleep cycle.
    In the morning, everyone experiences a slight rise in blood glucose levels. A person without diabetes will not experience effects, as their body can adjust. For a person with diabetes, however, this rise can be significant, and it may need treatment.
    Usually, the body has little need for insulin during sleep, and it produces less of this hormone. Toward the morning, the body starts to release stored glucose, or sugar, to provide energy for the coming day."

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317444.php

If we convert A1C to blood sugar 6.0 = 126 and 6.5 = 140. We see my blood sugar has dropped significantly. Why then, Mimsey is there no data past the end of july? I was recording it on my phone and when my phone crapped out, the later data was lost, plus towards the end of aug, when I saw it was remaining in a good range, I ceased testing my self. I suggest you get the book and give it a try.

I can tell you with almost 100 % certainty - there is no engram that when erased will cure your diabetes. Perhaps you have one that commands you to eat incessantly, but hey, just remember, a clear is cause over mental mass and energy, so decide to be cause over what you think, and thus be clear! It's that easy. Really. :D

Mimsey

More info at link:
    https://www.wheatbelly.com/

"In this #1 New York Times bestseller, a renowned cardiologist explains how eliminating wheat from our diets can prevent fat storage, shrink unsightly bulges, and reverse myriad health problems.
    Every day, over 200 million Americans consume food products made of wheat. As a result, over 100 million of them experience some form of adverse health effect, ranging from minor rashes and high blood sugar to the unattractive stomach bulges that preventive cardiologist William Davis calls "wheat bellies." According to Davis, that excess fat has nothing to do with gluttony, sloth, or too much butter: It's due to the whole grain wraps we eat for lunch.
    After witnessing over 2,000 patients regain their health after giving up wheat, Davis reached the disturbing conclusion that wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic—and its elimination is key to dramatic weight loss and optimal health. In Wheat Belly, Davis exposes the harmful effects of what is actually a product of genetic tinkering and agribusiness being sold to the American public as "wheat"—and provides readers with a user-friendly, step-by-step plan to navigate a new, wheat-free lifestyle.
    Informed by cutting-edge science and nutrition, along with case studies from men and women who have experienced life-changing transformations in their health after waving goodbye to wheat, Wheat Belly is an illuminating look at what is truly making Americans sick and an action plan to clear our plates of this seemingly benign ingredient."

You can buy the book at Amazon.com

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

I've been doing keto for about 4 months. No wheat whatsoever. I feel much better. No inflammation, no water retention, no IBS, more energy, clearer mind, normal blood sugar levels and normal cholesterol and triglycerides.

I won't go back.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Max Lugavere has written great book, a hybrid of keto/paleo - Genius Foods. I'm never going back either :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  4. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

One of the biggest points in the video is the way wheat triggers a response in the brain to make you hungry, a similar receptor to the ones opioids use. He gets technical for a while, discussing the way wheat affects the gut and it's permeability for toxins to enter the blood stream, causes brain fog, and a litany of clinically proven links be tween wheat and many many diseases.

He showed a photo of a skull of an adult cro magnon all the teeth intact. No cavities. Their diet did not include wheat. It was after the harvesting of wheat do we see damage to teeth etc. as his follow up photo showed. It looked pretty gruesome.

Mimsey.