What's new

Hubbard said ARC=Understanding, I think it = brainwashing

Gib

Crusader
sounds like mathematics, and sounds logical. A + R + C = U.

Hubbard thru his lectures and books talked about this formula for ever. And every member paid to listen or read Hubbard speak his words verbally or written. Oh, how many public or members paid to read or listen to Hubbard?

Much attention is given by Hubbard on the miracles of ARC=U.

He said the most important point was communication. But was it really.

I think the most important point was R or reality, which Hubbard defined as agreement.

And that's what he did, got us to agree to a false persuasion of going "clear" and then "OT", and helping others to do the same.

Gib

Crusader
I don't need affinity to understand someone.
I don't need "reality" (agreement) to understand someone.
Even simple communication may not always be enough because they might be lying about something.
That is beautiful and sublime what you said.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
IIRC, this was the main topic in the Intro Lecture way back in the 1970s.

Then, after the Intro Lecture, Div 6 reg's would use the communication "trigger" item to get people onto the Comm Course.
This was a "one size fits all" intro to Scientology.

(One of my staff posts was Comm Course sup.)

Last edited:

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
I think the Reality being Agreement was the core issue. It was for me, hardest to shake off. Then I realized, what the hell? That doesn't make any sense at all. What was I thinking?? Reality is reality. Views are views. These are all separate components. None of them equal anything together. He put it in the heads of people that they do by making overly simple examples, but in REALITY they were idiotic.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
The true equation was:

Affinity ( no entheta truth) + reality ($cientology total agreement) + communication (only source words) = understanding (within the same bubble)

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Like so many things in Scientology ARC is used to manipulate. It is used for ulterior motives, it's duplicitous and insincere.

Try using affinity to increase a Scientologist's reality or communication about the problems with Scientology.

Try using reality to increase a Scientologist's affinity or communication about the problems with Scientology.

Try using communication to increase a Scientologist's reality or affinity about the problems with Scientology.

It doesn't work because the ARC triangle is intended as an indoctrination tool for Scientology and against anything that questions Scientology. If it really worked then it should be easy to get Scientologists to honestly question and communicate about the subject but that just isn't practical. In Scientology ARC is synonymous with bigotry.

People on the outer layer of the onion want to think of it in terms of their own freedom of thought without the external influence of Scientology but it was never intended for that. Some aspects of this might have incidental benefit in such a free environment but ultimately within the context of Scientology ARC is manipulative. It is used to find your ruin, to get you to give them time and money and devotion, to change your priorities and make sacrifices for them, to over share your personal life, to comply.

Isn't it interesting how in Hymn of Asia Hubbard tells us there can be love for everything and he constantly promotes the virtues of affinity yet in application Scientology is ruthless and cruel. The list of Scientology nomenclature and euphemisms for denigrating other people and classes of people is extensive and elaborate as are the policies and advices that compel them to act out those values. If an amoral sociopath starts to tell you their philosophy of love you should run, not make it your model for behavior.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Yes Hymn of Asia when LRH quite much paranoid , dissociated an on heavy drugs, but remaining the pathological liar and megalomaniac greed thought he could take advantage of a budddhist monks convention to have them buy he was the lord Mettaya, the buddha reincarnation...

:laugh:

Poor guy...he tried so hard to use affinity, reality and communication in his fake book to fool them...it didn't worked..not only he has been ignored but it served as a warning about Scientology and LRH dishonnest deeds...:giggle:

images

Oh..here is a nice mantra to reach Ron on target 2...

A AAAAOOOOUUUUMMM
:ship:

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes Hymn of Asia when LRH quite much paranoid , dissociated an on heavy drugs, but remaining the pathological liar and megalomaniac greed thought he could take advantage of a budddhist monks convention to have them buy he was the lord Mettaya, the buddha reincarnation...

:laugh:

Poor guy...he tried so hard to use affinity, reality and communication in his fake book to fool them...it didn't worked..not only he has been ignored but it served as a warning about Scientology and LRH dishonnest deeds...:giggle:

images

Oh..here is a nice mantra to reach Ron on target 2...

A AAAAOOOOUUUUMMM
:ship:
I especially got a kick out of the bit about how "there can be love for insects."

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Lol...

Lord Metteya Hubbard protects all insects (sentient beings) inhabiting SO compounds from any sort of harm...this is why he created the rpf...to punish men who hurt them.

Have you seen the beautiful moovie (7 years in Tibet) featuring Brad Pitt? This is actually a true recall of his encountering with the Dalai-Lama. One day, the young Dalai-Lama ask him to build a moovie theatre room in the Potala..when he begins the construction to remove earth..he is warned that no worm must be harmed in the process..so the monks remove one by one all the worms and transport them in another safe location.

That would be nice to demand the monks to salvage Flag cockroaches and relocate them...

Last edited:

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
Lol...

Lord Metteya Hubbard protects all insects (sentient beings) inhabiting SO compounds from any sort of harm...this is why he created the rpf...to punish men who hurt them.
Or instead, reincarnate Master Siddhartha Hubs protects and treats the special staff on the rpf better than the cockroaches at Flag.